Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#81925 - 01/16/11 03:59 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Progressing well, but I'm thinking those hairs are too fine and light to be affected any further by laser.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Sponsored Links
#81928 - 01/16/11 04:30 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: dfahey]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
I have the same feeling Dee. we decided it was worth one more treatment (no. 3) and see what the hair is like after this. I have a feeling it will be her last Laser treatment and then move to electrolysis in the future.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#81929 - 01/16/11 04:34 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Sounds like a good plan, stoppit. I am very happy for your sister. Have you entertained the idea of getting a very simple professional epilator and doing electrolysis on each other, body areas only, no facial stuff.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#81930 - 01/16/11 04:58 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: dfahey]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I have indeed smile

Right now both our situations are a bit difficult for this, in terms of time, location and finances. But it is definitely something I am thinking about for the future. I very much admire the users on HairTell that have self taught but I think I would go on a short course or like some training, at least for the machine in question.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#83082 - 02/17/11 05:05 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
miss_m Offline
Contributor

Loc: uk
your sis' 'before' pics look EXACTLY like my own arms. is stimulated growth a risk on the lower/mid-upper arms? laser on the arms could be an option for me at a later date. until then, pass the bleach.

Looking for an electrologist in Worcestershire- please PM me if you know one.

Electrolysis, blend: Jan 2010 - June 2011: brows. Great results, very little new growth.

Laser with lightsheer:
Jan 2010: nape (fine), 2x, little results

May 2010: bikini & underarms (with duet), 2x, little results.

Feb 2011: bikini line- 4x, 6-8 weeks in between, great results, very little new growth.

June 2011: Legs 3x standard, 1x duet, not great results. strong, patchy regrowth, likely because settings were capped and machine defective.

#83084 - 02/17/11 05:06 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: miss_m]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
If the hair is thin enough for the bleach to work well, it probably won't be affected by laser. I also wouldn't touch any part of the upper arm.

#83088 - 02/17/11 05:25 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: miss_m]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By: miss_m
your sis' 'before' pics look EXACTLY like my own arms. is stimulated growth a risk on the lower/mid-upper arms? laser on the arms could be an option for me at a later date. until then, pass the bleach.

I believe it is towards the shoulder. Even my Laser tech agreed that I should not treat the uppermost quarter of my arm (or my sister's) because of the risk. It's pretty rare for them to admit to that. The rest, I don't think so. Perhaps only the hands.

It's funny now, cause I actually have more hair there than the lower 3-quarter! Gonna get electrolysis on the remaining hair on the whole arm, eventually!

I'm anxiously waiting for my sister to reach week 12 post treatment so we can see approx how much hair is left.

#83117 - 02/18/11 07:19 AM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
mad1 Offline
Contributor

Why is it a risk that laser will stimulate more hair to grow on the upper arms but not lower arms? Is it a risk to laser treat hair above the lips?

#83146 - 02/18/11 03:56 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: mad1]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Some areas are more susceptible. It isn't known why. It could be hormonal. Upper arms, shoulders, and female facial hair seem to be affected the most.

#88734 - 06/16/11 03:45 PM Re: My Laser Treatments 26/F/UK, Type IV [Re: LAgirl]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hey everyone,

Haven't updated in some time. My areas are still the same (woohoo). Actually, right now I think I am in an arm hair cycle that got treated well, coz there's very little hair present.

I still need to show photos of my sister's arms. Not so impressive now that they have been left for a while, but there was reduction in density and thickness. We are going to finish off with electrolysis now.

The main reason for this post is to mention that I have found a clinic with the Apogee MPX. I have been looking for somewhere other than Renew Medica that has the Elite or MPX, for my cousin. She's very fair and I'm certain Renew would use the Lightsheer on her. They used it for her sister (who started treatments without telling me), despite her being a shade darker than me.

Anyway, I found Premier Laser Clinics http://www.londonpremierlaser.co.uk/index.php
The website seems a bit sketchy so I emailed them. I got a reply from the Aldgate branch saying that they have both the Elite and MPX and they do use the 18mm spot size if it's appropriate for the area. She also talked about blending wavelengths if appropriate (I replied asking how much experience they have with this). I also asked if they test patch each area that will be treated, as I have read not all clinics do this. They confirmed this as well. It seems to sound good.

I'm going to recommend my cousin books for a consultation, so let's see what happens!

I'm also thinking of taking my sister for one, because she was going to start her full leg LHR this month as well.

Update:
This is the reply I got:
"We use the Elite Mpx in Aldgate & in NHG (Nottinghill Gate) use Candela, alexandrite &Yag,

I assure you all practitioners are fully qualified & licensed, we have many Asian &black clients(70%) so need to blend wavelengths on a regular basis as you probably know Asian skin varies a lot up &down the body more so than other ethnic origins."

It sounds really positive. She also mentioned that she's from the same country of origin as myself and type IV even though she's from a part of the country that is ethnically very fair. Which sounds like my cousin exactly.

Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
A Tale of Two Electrolygists
by Scurvy
33 minutes 15 seconds ago
Newbie With a Few Questions
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 08:39 PM
Back hair treatment schedule
by coolie
Yesterday at 01:30 PM
Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend?
by Josefa M. Reina
Yesterday at 06:52 AM
Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning!
by Ton
01/19/18 03:14 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3224
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod