Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 24 of 100 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 99 100 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#89407 - 07/02/11 02:27 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens

Thread Sponsors
#89410 - 07/02/11 05:04 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: ]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: depilacionelectr

When the client returns, Barbara.

So the client comes in 30 minutes early so you can run the autoclave before their treatment?

#89411 - 07/02/11 05:08 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: Barbara_CPE]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I haven't tried these since the 1980's. Has the bulbous shape changed? Could you post some photos of them through a microscope? I have a picture from memory, but that was many years ago.

I don't know how much they cost now, but I would be using them as disposables.... For one thing my state requires that electrology needles NOT be reused.

#89412 - 07/02/11 07:08 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: Barbara_CPE]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
They are the same design and price as they were in 1970 Barbara. Nothing has changed.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#89418 - 07/02/11 08:08 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: Barbara_CPE]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Barbara_CPE
Originally Posted By: depilacionelectr

When the client returns, Barbara.

So the client comes in 30 minutes early so you can run the autoclave before their treatment?

Yes, Barbara. Many clients come an hour early to apply the anesthetic cream. I also discarded Laurier needles after use, as in the case of Stopit sister, fortunately we were able to get much performance (few hours). You'll be pleased to know that everything we use is disposable. Sheets of paper, hand paper towel, masks, gloves, sterile gauze aftercare feet. We never use the tweezers to remove ingrown hairs, we use disposable needles.
We have a sink in each cabin work (4 total), with a special faucet with a long handle to close the tap with your elbow. I will make pictures to show you. Oh, you should know Lola (my doctor), she is very, very picky about hygiene.

We use INSTRUNET for washing hands. Bleach for floor (no carpet). ARMIL for furniture. We ventilate the cabin each morning (to prevent meningitis). We clean the filter of air conditioning machines every 15 days (to prevent Salmonella). We must be doing something right, because none of us had the flu or a common cold last winter.
Containers for contaminants and a specialized company responsible for collecting. Yes dear, I think you'd be happy to work with us.

#89419 - 07/02/11 08:34 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
Bailie2 Offline

Originally Posted By: Arlene R. Batz, CPE
I agree that the IB Laurier is the best probe that I have ever used. In an earlier post, Michael Bono says that he believes that the effect is treating a larger area in the follicle. Yep.

This is my take on it:
because of its bulbous tip, the treatment energy is dispersing in a greater diameter than it could with a non-bulbous tip. Imagine a straight stick. Now image a round balloon. When you bring in energy, the area surrounding the stick is limited to that smaller area. Now imagine a balloon. WIth that balloon, the gradient area is now widened.

These probes require so much prep. time that I limit its use to a few select people (friends and family). If they were blistered packed disposables, I would use them for everyone.

I found this thread very interesting because I've had experience as a patient with facial hair needing electrolysis. When I sought treatment I was given a choice of needles but the electrologist told me her personal preference was the Laurier Insulated Probes so I went with it. She also told me I would be able to reuse the same needle for the following sessions in the weeks to come and I didn't have any problem with that. She broke one out of a new package for me and at the end of my session she placed the needle into a tissue, then in a plastic bag and placed it into my file. Every time I came in for my visit she retrieved the needle from my file, I didn't really watch to see if she dipped it in alcohol but I'm sure it wasn't necessary and then she proceeded to start a new session. I paid for one needle. The sessions were painless and I went home with no reddening at all. I have to say I was impressed but then again I never experienced any other needle so I can't compare but I can say the hair didn't come back and that's all I care about. I can't imagine why anyone would get upset about a needle being used over again for many sessions as mine was. It was stored in my personal file and it was my personal needle and no one elses.

#89422 - 07/02/11 10:05 PM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Originally Posted By: stoppit&tidyup
...paying a little more ...

Thats the key. A probe which costs 1 EUR or less can easily included into the calculation, a probe which cost several EUR not if the hourly fee is moderate.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#89425 - 07/03/11 12:51 AM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: beate_r]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

$2.66 (US$) is quite a bit when doing short (5-30 minutes) treatments - would mean a 3 dollar per treatment increase.

Josefa, It sounds like you have a great cleaning regimen going! I'm sure I would love working with you! (I always wish I could live in the places I've visited!)

#89426 - 07/03/11 12:56 AM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: Barbara_CPE]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I must confess....the meningitis and salmonella prevention measures have me doing some research.... Isn't salmonella a food-borne illness?

#89427 - 07/03/11 02:27 AM Re: First treatment, same great results [Re: Barbara_CPE]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Let me pile on here, please.

So, the Laurier probe is used, the session ends, the probe goes into a sterile container, the client takes their probe home. Next session, the client brings back their probe and you sterilize the probe before beginning the next session? If this is your protocol, then I'm thinking this wouldn't work for me. I use a dry heat sterilizer that takes an hour to run through a cycle. I do batches of tweezers at a time - not individual items. Are you disinfecting the probe or do you have a device that will sterilize the probe in 30 minutes. I, too, compliment you on having such great protocols for your office, but I'm hoping to understand the probe process concerning sterilization.

I'd tell you what I have been doing, but I don't want to get too wordsy about that right now. Thanks Jossie for being patient to explain things. I'm not understanding this very well.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Page 24 of 100 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 99 100 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod