Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#92242 - 09/26/11 07:08 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Barbara_CPE]
asanh Offline
Contributor

ok so you think it would for me ? or should i stop cause its waste of money?

Thread Sponsors
#92243 - 09/26/11 07:12 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Barbara_CPE]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Electrolysis is permanent on hairs that we can presently see. We have no control over new hairs that may start to grow in the future. Medications, stress and genetics can stimulate hair follicles that were not a problem in January of 2010, to start growing hair in May of 2011. It's a major bummer, but it can happen to some. You just have to keep up with the new growth if this happens to you.

It is not w waste of money. You are disabling hair follicles for life. Maybe you will run out of follicles that nutures hair at some point.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#92245 - 09/26/11 07:34 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Dee has explained it well. This is what I wrote in another thread recently:

"As for the PCOS, birth control can help with the hair but it can take a while to find the one that works. This is something your doctor may discuss with you. From what I know from others with the condition, it only works as long as you take it; it does not 'fix' the situation permanently.
Many women find that going on a low carb/G.I diet (as for type II diabetics) they lose the weight associated with PCOS and the hair situation improves. There is a lot of information on the internet about PCOS and the wikipedia page is a good place to start to understand it.

However, this should not mean you cannot remove the hair you have now. A skilled electrologist can rid you of all this hair. The only 'problem' may be that you need some short treatments every year after to remove new hairs caused by the hormonal stimulation."
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#92248 - 09/26/11 09:03 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

This past week I was surprised by a sneak attack. I was so disappointed for my client. Actually, I said to myself, "Holy crap, where did this hair come from!" For the last several treatments, my client, who had originally presented with very coarse white, red, and dark hair and some skin damage from shaving, was looking fabulous and I was close to declaring her "finished". Well, this past Friday she comes in after about six weeks and yes there were the usual few thick blond, red and dark hairs present scattered about, but I was shocked to see areas of light fine, long hair present on the jowl area, neck and sides of face. The root structures were revving up and were looking very hearty. New growth. So frustrating. She told me that she had to go off her birth control pills two months ago.

The good news for her is, I can get these hairs and knock the life out of them for good, but she won't fall in to the 9-18 month category for being "finished" if the hair keeps coming.

James just posted these words on another thread, but it pertains to this case, so I grabbed it for this thread:

"At school, they told us that the average person has 1,000 follicles per square inch. However, that does not mean one grows 1,000 hairs. Where a man may have 100, to 500 visible hairs in a square inch, a woman may have 0 to 25. A woman would certainly think she has a problem at 5 hairs per square inch, but she must understand that hormonal problems work in such a way as to recruit new follicles to start growing hair, when they never grew hair before. The severity of the problem defines how long it takes for new follicles to be recruited, and how many at a time are stimulated in that term. So, until one arrests the problem that is causing the new hair recruitment, one will continuously gain new hairs.

What this has to do with electrolysis is that while we can remove the visible hairs you now have, (which took years to accumulate into a noticeable problem for most) one's particular hair problem could be recruiting 3 new follicles to start growing hair for the first time once every 6 months. If we go back to that 1,000 hairs per square inch thing, at 3 new hairs, every six months, it would take over 111 years to fill in that 1,000 follicle square inch patch with 1,000 hairs per square inch.

So, if you get electrolysis now, and you get clear ( a 9 to 18 month process, assuming you have full clearances each and every time) then you would only have to work on what ever new hairs come up, on the schedule that new hairs are coming in. If that is 3 hairs per square inch, per 6 months, then one would be having a 15 to 30 minute appointment, twice a year, once one got caught up to the hair growth, ASSUMING you did NOT stop what ever was causing you to continue to recruit new hairs."
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#92250 - 09/26/11 09:13 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
The change in hormonal levels brought on by the cessation of the Birth Control Pills (as would the beginning of taking them) has lead to the hair growth problem, and once she levels off, she should stop growing new ones. That is unless she also is using artificial sweeteners, and is growing hairs due to the sensitivity to those as well.

#92260 - 09/27/11 03:09 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
asanh Offline
Contributor

does anyone here knows how long can a person be on sprinolactone.im just afraid that u know at certain point i wud have to get off and all those hair will be even worse or like the new one will be worse!

#92481 - 10/04/11 11:55 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ]
asanh Offline
Contributor

thanks silent0000,

I know im trying really hard right now.the doc i saw is more concern abt my future pregnancy it seems,my first endocrinologist app she prescribe me sprino that the med to block testosterone ,last week was my second app she said i can be on it as long as I want there is no major problem unless if i want to get pregnant which i dont want to . My concern is my excessive facial hair bcuz of pcos and laser stimulated I hate bitches at spa they never told me to check for hormones or anything. Ive been on it 3 months everyone and the doc said it takes at least 6 months ,but i need to get rid of the hair cuz i want to apply for police in 2 yrs .So do u think i should continue my electrolysis treatment .

area
full neck: fine to dark hair ,some hard hair
upperlip:hard hair dark
jawline:long hard and fine hair
sideburn :fine dark
chin : fine and some hard dark hair

many many hours do u think i need to have 1st clearance ?

its been 1 month with 2hour app per week ,

chin :ok
neck:havent started
sideburn:10%
jawline :5%
upperlip:40%

#92482 - 10/04/11 11:57 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
asanh Offline
Contributor

and do u think i should keep weekly app?

#92485 - 10/05/11 03:50 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ]
asanh Offline
Contributor

thanks silent0000

I will stick to it ,i do have lots of hair ,shes was experienced RN nurse and shes been an electrolysis for over 30 years,i went to another location where she used thermolysis and it scar my skin luckily it was one treatment ,the one now is using blend ,my skin type is caramel brown and she knows more about the pcos comparable to other electrologist I talked to.

Thanks hope ur electrolysis work as well ! Good luck

#92486 - 10/05/11 05:11 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

What do your scars look like? How long have you had the scars?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
In need of some feedback
by beate_r
Yesterday at 06:09 AM
electrolysis on penis
by Greek
05/23/17 11:03 PM
sore fingers
by beate_r
05/23/17 08:06 AM
Laser in Australia recommendations
by Bellamy
05/22/17 09:04 AM
35yr Male excessive hair ADVISE PLEASE
by dfahey
05/21/17 10:19 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9481
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3082
Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod