Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#104333 - 01/28/13 06:38 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
ctho Offline

Loc: Boise, ID
I just wanted to take a minute and share my success story. I don't make it to this site very much anymore but I used to visit often. I have had such remarkable success over the last 16 months that hair problems aren't even on my mind anymore. My journey began in September 2011. I had random dark hairs on my chin, neck, jawline, and sideburns. I had been plucking for a long time and it was hard when I started electrolysis and realized that there was much more hair than I had ever realized. At first I went every week for a 15-20 minute session. I looked forward all week to getting to go in an get all of the hair zapped. In May 2012 I was able to start stretching it out and only going every 2 weeks. By November I was down to once a month and now when I go in there are very few hairs to even treat. There's still a few hairs that pop up from time to time that are darker and freak me out, but overall, I don't even think about hair anymore. For anyone just beginning this journey, please stick with it. I was a skeptic and at times was sure that it wasn't working. My electrologist was very patient and kept reminding me that it takes time. Sure enough, she was right. I wish I would have started electrolyisis years ago!

Thread Sponsors
#104405 - 02/03/13 05:51 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ctho]
issywissy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
Hi,

I have not been on the board for ages. I began this journey in February 2011 and I have had thermolysis for 36-40 hours and I felt that I did not achieve the results I wanted. I was going for weekly sessions for 1 hour. I then decided to and have blend at Parkside Clinic in December 2011. I had 24 hours of treatment until June/July 2012, weekly treatments. I then have had 4 hours of blend from then until January 2013 so 3-5 week periods.
Treatment on my chin...which was my focus... reduced from the full hour to 15 minutes.
I am delighted with the results from blend and from Sharon. I do not have any scaring, my skin is improving and rejuvenating (as it was discoloured from plucking). I feel that I have very soft fine hair that I am not overly concerned about.
I longer pluck for 2 hours a night.
I feel confident in direct sunlight and hold my head up.
I do not have to cover up with heavy foundation and powder.
I believe that I will go back for the finer hair every month - six weeks. Its not an issue.
Its been a long journey but worthwhile and successful.
I am very happy : )

Thank you for listening.

Edited by issywissy (02/03/13 05:52 PM)

#104409 - 02/03/13 08:42 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: issywissy]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I am delighted for you, issy! This is why we call electrolysis life changing.

If you were my client, I would have done thermolysis in those first attempts and you would have been just as happy. ALL modalities of electrolysis lead to a preditable outcome, but not all electrologists are skilled enough to know how to perform all modalities correctly. This was the case for you regarding YOUR thermolysis experience and I just want this community to know that very important fact. ALL MODALITIES SUCCEED, but without a skilled driver, you won't get to your destination.

Thanks for adding to this thread.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#104414 - 02/04/13 07:54 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
issywissy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
Dee
Thank you for your comment.
I agree with you that it is the skill of the practitioner and the insertions not the modality.
I felt very confident with my first electrologist but the results with hair reduction was not what I had anticipated - and I was patient : )
Your clarification was extremely helpful.
I wish everyone on this journey a successful outcome.

#106956 - 05/16/13 12:06 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
melloe Offline

Hi all,

I've finally registered on this site after scouring all posts relating to electrolysis/laser hair removal as a non member. This site has been such a massive help during my electrolysis journey and I'm now confident enough to share my experience.

Where to start, I am a 25 year old female of South East Asian descent. Fortunately for me I am actually not overly hairy however of course you are always your own worse critic. My sideburns bothered me a bit. They were longer than the usual (just a teeny fraction past my earlobes)and a work colleague had been getting IPL for pigmentation and suggested it as an option since I had mentioned it bothered me.

Anywho to try and cut this long story short, I had 4 sessions of IPL on my sideburns and upper lip. Initially my sideburns were shaved (standard practice) prior to the IPL. I had 4 weeks in between treatments and what I thought were results, was actually just the delayed growth due to the shaving on each visit. I personally don't think the IPL had any effect on the hair as there was no shedding in between. My savvy colleagues had then caught onto Laser hair removal and were getting bikini areas done to which rave reviews all round. I then switched from IPL to Laser. Boy was that a bad decision.

Of course according to the clinic, yes I was a perfect candidate and most definitely the laser would work . I am of medium skin colour and tan easily , the hairs on my face were black but very fine (cringing as I'm typing this - hindsight is always 20/20). I had 6 sessions in total, with a Candela Gentlelase - the settings i'm not quite sure of. Walking away after each session, I was happy with the "results" the surface hair had been removed. And after two weeks time I did experience the shedding of hair. After my 5th treatment, during the break period I noticed that although my sideburns had been removed the fine downy hair that coated my cheeks were now no longer fine but dark, and alot thicker (correct term being terminal hairs). As well as hairs sprouting on my neck. In a panic, I called the owner of the clinic who reassured me this was not a problem and to see her on my next visit. At this stage, I then started to google keywords such as "laser stimulated hair growth" I came across so many other posts which made me really anxious about what was happening to me and also stumbled upon this website. On my visit I mentioned that could this possibly be the result of laser induced hypertrichosis? A terminology I picked up from my Google search. The owner assured me, no definitely not. The hair growth was nothing out of the norm and she had seen worse, zapped the hair as per usual and told me if I had any worries or questions not to hesitate and contact her.

After the 6th session all was fine for up to 8 weeks, I then noticed I practically had grown a beard overnight! All the fine vellus hair that covered my cheeks and jawline had turned terminal. Sometimes during my laser sessions the technician would say Oh you've just got a dark hair here, i'll zap it for you. This would be in random spots on my neck. I noticed I now had a number of dark hairs around 7-8 on my neck. I KNOW for a fact, this was all laser stimulated hair. I had gone and caused myself a problem, when I practically didn't even have one to start off with. I gave up on returning back to laser, after all the research I did thereafter I knew I was one of the unfortunate's who managed to get laser induced hair growth. Suing is also not an option in New Zealand.

The worse part of it all was not only the visual of the hair that had grown (in a beardlike pattern - along the front of my cheeks), but the coarse sound when I rubbed my hand against my face. This absolutely shattered my self esteem and I kicked myself everyday for my stupid uninformed decision I had made.

I then came across Electrolysis as a form of hair removal, this time round I did extensive research. Such as post electrolysis effects, and does electrolysis stimulate hair growth ? I was so wary of the consequences of hair removal. I only came across positive reviews and reassuring posts.

5 months ago I started my electrolysis journey, the lady I have been going to has done such a fantastic job. I can't believe the results and am so wrapped I'm looking into doing a course in electrolysis myself to help others.

To those who may be sitting here reading this post, considering hair removal options (mainly laser) for yourself. Please please do your research, speak to those who have undergone treatments themselves. From what I've learnt, laser only works on COARSE dark hair, preferably on fair skin. And should really not be performed on females from the neck up because it is such a hormonal area. I am not a professional but am only speaking from my own experience. I would recommend electrolysis to all and I really wish that I had chosen it from the start.

Kind Regards
Mel

#107296 - 05/31/13 02:46 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: melloe]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another success story. Twenty years and counting.

#107294 - Today at 04:29 PM Genital Electrolysis (M/F) USA/Canada recommends
Bryan McKenzie

Loc: Palm Springs & Baja (Playas de...
I have used the following electrologists over the past 20+ years and highly recommend them for both the 'intimate' parts and numerous male body areas. All CPE, pleasant, affordable and comfortable working on men. E-mail at my website if you have any questions or are uncomfortable about starting your own hair removal process ... http://www.genital-electrolysis.com/

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Nursing license and Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis license

#107597 - 06/19/13 12:15 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another success story, courtesy of Josefa:

Throughout my entire career, I have finished many cases of woman face, but few of them have touched my heart like this. Women 26 years of age. Victim of previous laser failure, and under-treatment by Electrolysis in her country of origin. This beautiful girl is almost over with a serious problem of hair which would have ruined her life. I'm glad I agreed to work on this girl, and it was a pleasure to meet her.
Before:(December 2012)

After 3 clearances (Last clearing in early March 2013)

I'm glad I had a Laurier IBP to make this work. Everything was easier.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#107598 - 06/19/13 10:46 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Great work Dee, and great photography too. This person can now enjoy her beautiful complexion.

#107599 - 06/19/13 12:12 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: C O'Connell]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Though I have done many chin cases like this, I can't take credit for this fantastic work and outcome. This is Josefa's accomplishment. I just posted her pictures here on this thread to share another success story.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#108256 - 08/06/13 02:44 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another story headed down the road to success:

#108229 - Sat Aug 03 2013 08:30 PM A big milestone
Anonymous

Major Contributor

After a few months of electrolysis, I am officially, for the first time in my adult life (and I'm not that young) -- NOT SHAVING between appointments! Yay! And I'm a woman who -- through some evil twist of fate or whatnot -- had a pretty full beard. Now, each appointment is removing a hair here, a hair there -- oh, I see a couple of them over here. Just four months ago, I never would have noticed a few hairs, because who pays attention to a tree in a forest? Not a single hair she's treated seems to have come back. At least, that's my guess because otherwise, how could we have gone from a complete beard to zapping individual hairs so quickly?

She says it'll be many more months before we're done, and no longer have to zap pop-ups. But what a big step! :-)
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Need help purchasing an electrolysis machine
by Ruz
Today at 12:11 AM
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by Kate Blue
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Question on current and plucking sensation
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:13 PM
Help to choose a machine
by Iluv2zap
11/22/17 08:38 PM
Orlando area electrolysis recommendation
by jae05e
11/22/17 04:13 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9607
James W. Walker VII 8048
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3168
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod