Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#89639 - 07/08/11 06:57 PM ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here.
Tina Marie Offline

Loc: Buffalo Area

HI:
I don't post much to this site, but I just read that there aren't many out there that came back to say that electrolysis works. Well, here I am again! I had been undergoing electrolysis for about two years and after more than 300 hours under my belt, I am done and extremely happy with my results. This is note worthy, as I was told that I had more than enough hair to populate two faces over both my face and neck areas. Other than a stray 15 minute treatment about once every 2 years, I have not seen James outside of bumping into him at the mall, or in the park, and the hairs that we worked on then were blond and very fine. We have been done for about 5 years now. Most of the treatments were nearly painless, except for the upper lip (Under my nose) and my chin. I slept through a lot of my sessions. I have no pock marks and my skin is smooth and beautiful. Electrolysis works and is painless if it is done right. grin

I will have to say that I got very lucky when I found found James Walker. I had been going to another electrolygist in the area for a year before I found him and I could only take an hours worth of treatments a week and the sessions were very painful and I left her house red, sore, swollen and with ice on my face. After a year with her , I had gotten no where. A year lost, and what I now feel was money down the drain. The first time I went to see James, I went for three hours and I left feeling the same way I had walked in to see him.I'm not saying all the sessions were painless, because some were, but none as bad as what I had been doing with the other person I had started my treatments with. The difference was astounding.
I have photos of my progress on my site if you care to look. http://www.geocities.com/tinamarie022/Hair.html I am done now and I didn't think I would ever get here, but I did and I am a happy girl.

by the way, here is a picture of what I look like today years after my last treatment.

[img]http://tinamarie022.com/[/img]

I hope you all will help out and post your success stories here so others can easily find them and we can show what Electrolysis can do. Good electrolysis can run circles around laser in my opinion. Maybe not in speed of treatments, but certainly in results given, and time to completion, as measured in months from start to no hair at all.

Good luck to you all.
Tina Marie

Thread Sponsors
#89640 - 07/08/11 07:03 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
deef Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm sorry you have had a very negative experience with electrolysis. You have a right to feel so desperate. I can truly tell you electrolysis works. When I was 16 years old, I had my upper lip done. It took about 12-13 treatments, and I have not had a problem since. I was so happy that I continued
with my forearms followed by my legs followed by my underarms. I am hairfree on all these areas and it has been 25 years! I think that is the definition of permanent hair removal( electrolysis). My legs took 18 months to complete, my arms about 12 months, my underarms 30-36 treatments. It wasn't easy going every week and spending the money, but it was a short time spent to have the reward of not shaving ever again and wearing clothes I wouldn't dream of wearing before. Smooth skin is wonderful!
I knew it was a difficult goal to achieve, but so is going to college or any other endeavor that takes a long time.

I live in Ohio so I can't help you with names in Michigan. I guess if I were you, I would keep searching for an electrologist in your area that can refer you to clients that are finished and happy. Make sure they are not using an old epilator. Computerized and digital ones are nice.
Make sure they have good eyewear (magnification).
Believe that you will find the right person to help you. Keep searching, I know it is hard, but don't give up. Electrolysis does work for 93% of people who seek it. I am one whose skin is clear, smooth and unscarred. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

#89642 - 07/08/11 07:14 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: deef]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
As most people on this forum already know, I've had electrolysis on a bunch of different areas with great success. Most of my treatments were done with microflash/thermolysis on an Apilus machine. I did need to switch to blend for the nipple area where hairs were deep and curled.

You can read my detailed diary at the link below. But here's a brief overview of my treatments and timing:

- Electrolysis on stomach 2005-2007 (about 18-20 months total)

Electrolysis on the following areas between 2005 to 2008, doing a few areas at at ime and and adding others as those were done:

- Added nipple area (10-minute treatments for 12 months - had to switch to blend method because some hairs were deep and curled)
- Added underarms to finish sparse hairs (5-minute treatments for 10 months)
- Added upper lip (8-10 10-minute treatments)
- Added chestbone (8-10 15-minute treatments)
- Added eyebrows (8-10 20-minute treatments)
- Added bikini to finish sparse hairs (4-5 10-minute treatments)

In 2011, I decided to get the rest of the fine sparse hairs on the bikini area. I've gone in for 5 minutes 3 times to clear about 15 random hairs on each side.

#89826 - 07/14/11 01:02 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
smiles Offline

I just wanted to share my electrolysis experience. I had a horrible hair problem on my face. I used another method that actually made it worse on the face. I heard about electrolysis on this site when I was down as far as I could get and decided to give this one last try to get rid of this disabling problem, so i went in for a consultation with an electrologist. That was the best appointment I ever made. It did take 2 1/2 years to totally get rid of the dark hair but it was worth it, I had LOTS of hair ALLOVER Face not just a little here or there or a certain area on the face it was from my cheeks down the neck. She used the Blend method. It really was a big undertaking for my electrologist to take on and I am so happy she did. She has also became a dear friend.
I can be myself again and be social without ever giving hair a second thought and never constantly looking in the mirrors to see if its grown back out to be noticed from shaving. I have to say to anyone thinking about it to go for it, it will really change your life if you are like me and was disabled from it. For me the expense was no more than not going out to eat once a week for dinner. Or waiting an extra couple of weeks to get my hair cut, I just did little things like that and it did not make any difference in my pocket book. I am just so thrilled to be myself again! Hope this helps anyone thinking about it!

#89829 - 07/14/11 01:32 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: smiles]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Congratulations to you and your electrologist!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#91693 - 09/11/11 04:28 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
orangecode Offline
Contributor

Oooh, I'll return to this thread some time in the near future (too busy right now to take "current" state pictures - and I can't find my camera to do it). I had a lot of hair on my face back in the day.

Here are pictures of what I had before: http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/67893/Pictures_23_year_female.html#Post67893

It is safe to say that I am much different today. Still a way to go (maybe another 6 months or 20 hours left for the face), but it is really shocking looking at those old pictures. Wow.

I've had about 100 hours of thermolysis to get a smooth face. Well worth the time. I am so lucky I found the right electrologist.

I always say on any given day, you're more likely to run into a rocket scientist than you are to run into a good electrologist. There just aren't enough for all the work that's necessary!

Will post pictures as soon as I get a camera or after my next session. It's really a miracle!

#91773 - 09/13/11 02:34 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: orangecode]
real_sore Offline
Major Contributor

Been away for a while, so I'm late to the thread (thanks for the message James).

I am a male who used to have dark coarse hair. Fair skin. I started treatment for health reasons.

I am now completely hairless. Only hair I have is on my head, and eyebrows.

I catch the ladies staring at my legs when I am in public. Being modest, I used to be self-conscious about exposing my bare legs in public, but now I don't give a crap. Gals explained to me that my legs "glow," whatever the hell that means. I guess that's a good thing - for a gal. With the face, I don't have to shave (well, once a month to get the remaining peach fuzz). Also, people say I look younger without the facial hair and stubble.

My wife is insanely jealous of me. grin

Most importantly - no more ingrowns and no more MRSA infections.

Don't know where to start as it seems like ages ago. I started in summer of 2004 and finished up in early 2011 or so I think. I guess I averaged weekly visits of an hour or so. When I first started out, I booked some long appointments (I think three hours was the longest - poor Arlene).

Areas treated:

Genital

Peri-Anal

Legs

Underarms

Face - upper lip, chin, neck, and when nothing was left, some stray hairs on the eyelid.

A handful on the arms.

Modalities: Flash thermolysis and blend.

Most painful - in order ... Eyelids, peri-anal area, scrotum, upper lip, knuckles of fingers and toes.

Did I use EMLA? Yes. Saran wrap etc 30 min before treatment. It wore off after 30 minutes. That routine got old, so after a while I just toughed it out without topical numbing cream.

Healing time: 4 days - often I planned my treatments on a Friday evening to give myself the weekend to heal, esp. the face.

Most persistent hairs: Scrotum.

Hairs that went away the fastest: Legs!

Hairs that surprised me: Shaft. They go fairly quickly too.

Any lasting issues with scarring/pigmentation? Don't think so. I am told scarring/pitting can be remedied with microdermabrasion.

My location: NYC tri-state area.

Most embarassing moment: Letting a toot go when the electrologist was removing some anal hairs. Unintentional, of course. It was more embarassing than having a boner in the midst of treatment (also unintentional).

I used and recommend without hesitation:

Arlene Batz http://www.breierhairremovalandskincare.com/

Phyllis Langerberg & Rebecca Weinstein http://www.justbetweenuselectrolysis.com/

Danna Homburger http://www.dannahomburger.com/

And a few others who will remain nameless at their request and because I can't recommend some of them.

Edited by real_sore (09/13/11 02:56 AM)

#92108 - 09/23/11 10:54 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
asanh Offline
Contributor

Are u a transgender? why did u have so much hair ,if women do u have pcos? did it work?

#92109 - 09/23/11 10:57 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: deef]
asanh Offline
Contributor

deef did u have pcos or hormonal imbalances?

#92110 - 09/23/11 11:03 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
asanh Offline
Contributor

does anyone know if it will work with pcos?

#92124 - 09/24/11 12:59 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Electrolysis will permanently eliminate any hair permanently, however it can not prevent new growths occuring. I have treated many PCOS cases, and the worst case scenario is that if their hormone issues are not fully addressed, they need maintenance treatments long term. One case comes to mind, I treat her a few times anually for 15 minutes. Sometimes she needs monthly and other times she can go for 3 to 4 months, it depends on what her hormones are doing at that time.

#92213 - 09/26/11 01:29 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: C O'Connell]
asanh Offline
Contributor

i am taking medication sprinolactone i wonder if you head abt it ,ill probable be on it for years so how successful is my change of being hair free/?

#92223 - 09/26/11 09:56 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I dont know very much about this medication, perhaps someone else can help. Are you currently having electrolysis? Have you tweezed in the past?

#92225 - 09/26/11 10:46 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
Aarav Offline

Hi,,
Electrolysis can sometimes be permanent,but only if you get your hormones totally into the normal female range. You run a serious risk of scarring and skin discoloration.

#92227 - 09/26/11 11:47 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Aarav]
S.Tehfe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: sydney NSW Australia
Sprinolactone works by lowering the androgen levels ( hormones e.gtestosterone both female and males have)Androgens are responsible for hair growth that women with PCOS have. Sprinolactone can take up to 6 months to see an improvement in s.
symptoms.

Sorry Aarav, I have to disagree. Electrolysis is always permanent if done by a skilled electrologist and you run a risk in scarring and discoloration if electrolysis is being done by an unskilled electrologist.

As Christine said electrolysis will always permanently eliminate new hairs but cannot stop new hairs growing.

#92236 - 09/26/11 06:20 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: S.Tehfe]
asanh Offline
Contributor

i did laser which stimulate new hair growth, i was tweezing upperlips and leaching for chin but its still noticable now i have stop both because im doing electrolysis and taking sprinolactone its been almost 3 months for the med and 4 hours of work on chin ,from next week im doing 1 hour upperlip and 1 1/2 hour for sideburn ,jawline and chin .Do u think thats good enough or should i just give up .My life life is fck up anyway.

#92237 - 09/26/11 06:25 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
asanh Offline
Contributor

what does electrolysis can sometime be permanent?

#92238 - 09/26/11 06:35 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
asanh Offline
Contributor

mean?

#92239 - 09/26/11 06:59 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
That poster is wrong. With correctly performed electrolysis, it is permanent.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#92240 - 09/26/11 07:00 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Kansas
asanh: ditto what stoppit said.

#92242 - 09/26/11 07:08 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Barbara_CPE]
asanh Offline
Contributor

ok so you think it would for me ? or should i stop cause its waste of money?

#92243 - 09/26/11 07:12 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Barbara_CPE]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Electrolysis is permanent on hairs that we can presently see. We have no control over new hairs that may start to grow in the future. Medications, stress and genetics can stimulate hair follicles that were not a problem in January of 2010, to start growing hair in May of 2011. It's a major bummer, but it can happen to some. You just have to keep up with the new growth if this happens to you.

It is not w waste of money. You are disabling hair follicles for life. Maybe you will run out of follicles that nutures hair at some point.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#92245 - 09/26/11 07:34 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Dee has explained it well. This is what I wrote in another thread recently:

"As for the PCOS, birth control can help with the hair but it can take a while to find the one that works. This is something your doctor may discuss with you. From what I know from others with the condition, it only works as long as you take it; it does not 'fix' the situation permanently.
Many women find that going on a low carb/G.I diet (as for type II diabetics) they lose the weight associated with PCOS and the hair situation improves. There is a lot of information on the internet about PCOS and the wikipedia page is a good place to start to understand it.

However, this should not mean you cannot remove the hair you have now. A skilled electrologist can rid you of all this hair. The only 'problem' may be that you need some short treatments every year after to remove new hairs caused by the hormonal stimulation."
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#92248 - 09/26/11 09:03 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

This past week I was surprised by a sneak attack. I was so disappointed for my client. Actually, I said to myself, "Holy crap, where did this hair come from!" For the last several treatments, my client, who had originally presented with very coarse white, red, and dark hair and some skin damage from shaving, was looking fabulous and I was close to declaring her "finished". Well, this past Friday she comes in after about six weeks and yes there were the usual few thick blond, red and dark hairs present scattered about, but I was shocked to see areas of light fine, long hair present on the jowl area, neck and sides of face. The root structures were revving up and were looking very hearty. New growth. So frustrating. She told me that she had to go off her birth control pills two months ago.

The good news for her is, I can get these hairs and knock the life out of them for good, but she won't fall in to the 9-18 month category for being "finished" if the hair keeps coming.

James just posted these words on another thread, but it pertains to this case, so I grabbed it for this thread:

"At school, they told us that the average person has 1,000 follicles per square inch. However, that does not mean one grows 1,000 hairs. Where a man may have 100, to 500 visible hairs in a square inch, a woman may have 0 to 25. A woman would certainly think she has a problem at 5 hairs per square inch, but she must understand that hormonal problems work in such a way as to recruit new follicles to start growing hair, when they never grew hair before. The severity of the problem defines how long it takes for new follicles to be recruited, and how many at a time are stimulated in that term. So, until one arrests the problem that is causing the new hair recruitment, one will continuously gain new hairs.

What this has to do with electrolysis is that while we can remove the visible hairs you now have, (which took years to accumulate into a noticeable problem for most) one's particular hair problem could be recruiting 3 new follicles to start growing hair for the first time once every 6 months. If we go back to that 1,000 hairs per square inch thing, at 3 new hairs, every six months, it would take over 111 years to fill in that 1,000 follicle square inch patch with 1,000 hairs per square inch.

So, if you get electrolysis now, and you get clear ( a 9 to 18 month process, assuming you have full clearances each and every time) then you would only have to work on what ever new hairs come up, on the schedule that new hairs are coming in. If that is 3 hairs per square inch, per 6 months, then one would be having a 15 to 30 minute appointment, twice a year, once one got caught up to the hair growth, ASSUMING you did NOT stop what ever was causing you to continue to recruit new hairs."
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#92250 - 09/26/11 09:13 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
The change in hormonal levels brought on by the cessation of the Birth Control Pills (as would the beginning of taking them) has lead to the hair growth problem, and once she levels off, she should stop growing new ones. That is unless she also is using artificial sweeteners, and is growing hairs due to the sensitivity to those as well.

#92260 - 09/27/11 03:09 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
asanh Offline
Contributor

does anyone here knows how long can a person be on sprinolactone.im just afraid that u know at certain point i wud have to get off and all those hair will be even worse or like the new one will be worse!

#92481 - 10/04/11 11:55 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ]
asanh Offline
Contributor

thanks silent0000,

I know im trying really hard right now.the doc i saw is more concern abt my future pregnancy it seems,my first endocrinologist app she prescribe me sprino that the med to block testosterone ,last week was my second app she said i can be on it as long as I want there is no major problem unless if i want to get pregnant which i dont want to . My concern is my excessive facial hair bcuz of pcos and laser stimulated I hate bitches at spa they never told me to check for hormones or anything. Ive been on it 3 months everyone and the doc said it takes at least 6 months ,but i need to get rid of the hair cuz i want to apply for police in 2 yrs .So do u think i should continue my electrolysis treatment .

area
full neck: fine to dark hair ,some hard hair
upperlip:hard hair dark
jawline:long hard and fine hair
sideburn :fine dark
chin : fine and some hard dark hair

many many hours do u think i need to have 1st clearance ?

its been 1 month with 2hour app per week ,

chin :ok
neck:havent started
sideburn:10%
jawline :5%
upperlip:40%

#92482 - 10/04/11 11:57 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
asanh Offline
Contributor

and do u think i should keep weekly app?

#92485 - 10/05/11 03:50 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ]
asanh Offline
Contributor

thanks silent0000

I will stick to it ,i do have lots of hair ,shes was experienced RN nurse and shes been an electrolysis for over 30 years,i went to another location where she used thermolysis and it scar my skin luckily it was one treatment ,the one now is using blend ,my skin type is caramel brown and she knows more about the pcos comparable to other electrologist I talked to.

Thanks hope ur electrolysis work as well ! Good luck

#92486 - 10/05/11 05:11 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

What do your scars look like? How long have you had the scars?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#92505 - 10/05/11 11:26 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
asanh Offline
Contributor

like a month the current was too high for me its still there but less visible

#92508 - 10/06/11 01:23 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Did you have scabbing, asanh? If you did, how long did it last? Did you report your healing outcome to your electrologist? My goal is NOT to have scabbing on the face. If there are pinpoint scabs in small quantity, that is acceptable.

Scabbing is not the same as scarring. I am not in agreement with other electrologists that dismiss prolonged scabbing on the face. It scares clients and puts them on excuse patrol with people they encounter in their social and work lives.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#92560 - 10/08/11 02:56 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
asanh Offline
Contributor

the second electrologist the scabbing went away after like 1 week ,there is some dark spots left i dunno id that cuz my skin is very sensitive . no it really was scarring i know the difference .The 1st electrologist say that herself that she might have too high on the current so I stopped plus the 1st one was doing other stuff like mani,pedi .I want to get someone who only does electrolysis .

Do u think what I did was right?

#92565 - 10/08/11 03:46 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

It is definetly a good idea to have electrolysis from a practitioner who specialises in it. Are there many in your area?

#92617 - 10/10/11 03:38 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: C O'Connell]
asanh Offline
Contributor

yes the one im seeing right now only does electrolysis ,and shes been doing it for 30 yrs

#93092 - 10/28/11 07:18 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
passenger Offline

I wanted to add my own experiences with electrolysis here because this forum was invaluable to me when I was making my initial decisions whether or not to go with electrolysis. I am a female who has been getting electrolysis on my face for 5 months now. I had/have excessive (really excessive) thick, course, black hair all over my chin, cheeks, neck, and upper lip. Basically I had a full beard. It was terrible. The electrologist I found has been wonderful. I have seen close to a 50% reduction in hair now and I saw results immediately.

The first month or so was rough on my skin. I had pin point scabbing and a lot of redness. I would joke that my face looked like I had made love to a porcupine but over time my reaction is no where near as severe. For example, I just saw her this morning and my face is a tiny bit red and has the slightest bit of puffiness in a couple of areas but it will all be gone by tomorrow whereas before the redness and swelling would only be gone after a full week had passed. I've also gotten my routine down as far as what works for me (lots of water and lay off the alcohol).

This has literally changed my life. Before I started electrolysis I had stopped getting my hair cut and had stopped going to the dentist because I didn't want anyone that close to my face. Now, even though I still have a long way to go, so much of the hair is gone that my confidence is back and I feel like a human being again. Last month I got my first real hair cut in 4 years. I would encourage anyone in the same boat to do this for themselves.

#93156 - 11/01/11 05:29 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
Dianne Offline

YES!!! Electrolysis is the only method that actually removes hair permanently.
Laser (sometimes) reduces the hair, and Electrolysis permanently gets rid of the hair. Tried Tria Home Laser, and also Doctor's laser. Those 2 methods did not seem to help me at all. Maybe the Doctor's laser did a bit, but not
enough for the $$$ I spent.

Dianne

#93170 - 11/01/11 01:42 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Dianne]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I never heard about the Doctor's laser before. Is it a
product you can buy or did you mean you received laser from a doctor's office?

What area did you receive treatment for?

Continued success with that good, old, steady friend electrolysis. It really does work and you get what you pay for as long as the practitioner is skilled professional or a very good do-it-yourselfer ( probably not a word).
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#93960 - 12/01/11 03:09 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: NE Louisiana
Hey all, I haven't been able to be on in a long time. I would like to share that I have had 2 beard clearances with James. I enjoy the reduction and how much easier shaving is. I also don't get a rash like before.
I still have a beard to rival Grizzly Adams, but it's better than it was for sure! J

#93966 - 12/01/11 04:38 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: templje]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Great job, James and congratulations, temp!. Was James using Synchro or Pico on your beard?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#94183 - 12/06/11 12:40 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: NE Louisiana
Hey Dee, I think it was mostly synchro, we had not gotten to the point of pico yet.

#94201 - 12/06/11 05:48 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: templje]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks, T. That is an awesome modality! It 's the rat-a-tat-tat of all the thermolysis modes. Complete destruction guaranteed.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#94205 - 12/06/11 10:04 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
S.Tehfe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: sydney NSW Australia
This has become my favourite modality. I totally agree Dee, I love it too.

#94215 - 12/06/11 03:41 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]

Top 10 Contributor

Templje is one of those nightmare cases that you want to take pictures of and put in a text book smile We had to throw in the kitchen sink here and used Pico, Syncro, and in some areas Blend.

Of course, that gave us so much extra time to watch more documentaries and enjoy chat over more meal times. laugh

#94319 - 12/09/11 08:40 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

James, I am a bit disappointed, I thought you said I was perfect nightmare case for a textbook wink

4000+ eL in synchro, argh!! wink

#94320 - 12/09/11 09:28 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: VickieCNY]
Caro Offline
Contributor

Loc: London
Hello,

Just wanted to add my electrolysis story :-)
Started in February 2010 on the upper lip, just 10 minutes twice a month. The hair were fine with a light brown colour that gave a slight shadow. Within 6 month, the reduction was such that I did not need to bleach them anymore.
I kept going and added the nipples & belly to the process. It is addictive :-)
After 1 year my sessions were only 10-15 minutes once a month and could cover all areas: upper lip touch-up, nipples & belly.
It has now been 20 months since I originally started on the upper lip and I still go back once a month to touch-up a few hairs but even my electrologist thinks it's not worth it, the hair are just so sparse and fine now. Really happy!

So to me the results were amazing, it takes patience and commitment as for the past 20 months I never missed an appointment.
It also requires to find the right electrologist, I originally started with someone who was overtreating me and then tried someone else who is much more skilled.
What I like about electrolysis compare to laser is actually the fact that you only kill a certain amount of hairs at once. It is what a lot of people find difficult as they'd rather had quicker faster results.
But this slow process also means that, should you be in the wrong hands, the damages would never be that bad and would heal easily as it only concerns a few hair follicles instead of a large area.
I got burned by laser on my bikini and that was a totally different story! All good now and healing but electrolysis offer this safety in my books. It takes longer but its works and the risks of damages are much less in my experience.
Hope this helps :-)

#94323 - 12/09/11 01:50 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Caro]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Well, good for you! Actually, if we calculate a little bit here, going twice a month for 10 minutes times 12 months equals 240 minutes divided by 60, equals 4 hours, followed by 15 minutes appointments once a month for 7 months equals 105 minutes divided by 60 equals 1.75 hours, which tells us that for three areas you invested 5.75 HOURS total time in 20 months time, of which two months, your electrologist was telling you no further treatment is necessary.

This does not sound like a long time to me. What makes electrolysis slow is the fact that we have to wait for ALL the hair that we want to remove, to come to the surface just one time. These hair growth cycles can be very frustrating, but because you were consistent and because you understood the reality of hair growth cycles, you made it to the finish line.

Your case does not sound severe. A person that has tougher hair structures and who may have tweezed, waxed or threaded for many years would have probably invested more time than this on their upper lip, abdomen, areola areas for a treatment session, but would have still finished, like you, in about 18 months. Eighteen months, totaling about SIX HOURS worth, out of a lifetime is still not a long time to invest in a permanent procedure.

Using the proper laser, along with the proper skill is great for bikini line hair. Sorry to hear that you got burned. I will say that the reduction can be fabulous, but it takes time as well for the same reason that electrolysis takes time - we have to get through those pesky hair growth cycles. It is common to get a 90% reduction, but some are not happy with that. They want it all gone. That is where electrolysis comes in to succeed in giving 100% removal.

Glad you are happy. It is good that you could stay local to get this accomplished. Hugs to my colleague, whoever she is!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#94329 - 12/09/11 02:41 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I have discovered that with laser and the internet, few of my “target” patients come in as “virgins” any more! Well, I mean “hair virgins.”

It used to be that my male clients came in unshaved, unwaxed and unlasered. Now, I usually see them after all kinds of “failed attempts.” All of this screws up the whole electrolysis process. Sometimes, I don’t even want to do the treatment!

Today I’m starting on a 22-year old guy with back hair. He’s coming in a few weeks after being WAXED (lasered a year ago). Of course, he does not understand that I can’t finish him off in 3 clearings. Now, I really don’t know exactly what’s going to grow in. How many clearings? I don’t know: 4 or 5?

I’m going to have to spend another “hour” explaining cycles and what waxing has done to his hair. Of course, he disagrees and says that HIS hair is different and completely grows back in 2 weeks. Yeah, sure!

I also am not convinced that all the “internet junkies” are really doing themselves a favor. There is so much (mis)information out there, that most of these “over-informed” clients exhibit near paranoia about the treatment! I have to go through a litany of asinine questions that came from idiotic ideas that are all over the internet. (You know, explaining why ant oil is not a good idea? Does the blend really produce ACID in the follicle?)

I had a guy last week that was so “over-informed” I could barely touch him … total paranoia. I did a “test spot,” but have decided not to take this client. (After the treatment I got six phone calls … the last one at 1 AM in the morning. All concerned about, well, everything.

It’s getting more difficult; not better. Marshall McLuhan would have had a lot to say about this “new medium.”

Sorry, I sure was chatty this morning ... too much coffee!

#94330 - 12/09/11 03:12 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Michael Bono]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

The internet isn't ALL bad.

I refer you to the recent thread of "question for the pros". This poster would never have found out that he was not receiving proper treatment if it wasn't for this forum. The same forum that is often accused of providing too much and incorrect knowledge to consumers. I know at least two Laser practitioners who hate it.

#94369 - 12/10/11 06:05 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Caro Offline
Contributor

Loc: London
Dee,

Loving the calculation ;-)
You're absolutely right, I didn't have a major issue with my hair mainly just wanted to improve things using a permanent method of hair removal instead of the usual tempprary methods.

You're also absolutely spot on regarding the fact that, though it is a long process over time because of hair growth, the actual visits were not time consuming and most women around me spend much more time waxing & threading which are just temporary.

As I said in my post, to me it worked wonders!
And I am so glad this forum exists as it helped me throughout the process to make sure I was doing the right thing (for example when I was over treated).

Hopefully more success stories will follow!

#94370 - 12/10/11 07:38 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks Caro for telling your story. If your electrolologist would like her name added to the forum list of electrolologists, let me know.

Originally Posted By: stoppit&tidyup
The internet isn't ALL bad. I refer you to the recent thread of "question for the pros".

I frequently get e-mails or phone calls from worried hair consumers. I first try to offer reassurance followed by my opinion and then ask them to come forth and get other opinions from my colleagues. Thanks to everybody for helping tr3y sort through all his concerns in the thread 'question for pro's '.

Originally Posted By: stoppit&tidyup
I know at least two Laser practitioners who hate it.

That is unfortunate. If those two laser specialists would come forward and freely offer their expertise to help this young man, he may have decided to do both modalities. I hear from laser specialists who have been in business for many years that laser on the upper back may induce stimulatiion, but if it does, they can change some things to get the induced hair under control. I would be most pleased to learn more about these kinds of cases and hear from men who have actually experienced this. All that is desired is the provable truth no matter what modality is being used for permanent hair removal, coming forth, in a courteous and sharing atmosphere of cooperation. This is not an electrologist site only, laser specialists are always welcome.

ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#94372 - 12/10/11 11:30 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]

Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By: dfahey
If those ... laser specialists would come forward and freely offer their expertise to help ... they can change some things ... I would be most pleased to learn more about these kinds of cases and hear from men who have actually experienced this. All that is desired is the provable truth no matter what modality is being used for permanent hair removal, coming forth, in a courteous and sharing atmosphere of cooperation. This is not an electrologist site only, laser specialists are always welcome.

I have not counted, but I would imagine that there are more questions and answers about LASER than Electrolysis on this site. If nothing else, the kiddie's impression that the term LASER encompasses the electrolysis procedure sees to it that we get more questions asking about LASER, and Fitzpatrick Skin Types and such. Even when people call my office asking about electrolysis, often the first thing out of their mouth is to ask me if their color of hair can be treated on their color skin with my process. (for the record, electrolysis does not discriminate based on color, it permanently removes all hairs to which it is properly applied)

In fact, at this very moment, of the top ten threads on the active topics, 1 is a general share your feelings, 4 are LASER, and 5 are electrolysis... except that 3 of those electrolysis threads are about technical issues of interest only to those performing the procedure and one is about looking for a used machine. For consumer content, we are at this random freeze frame, 4 to 1 in LASER questions favor.

#95007 - 01/10/12 02:03 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
JustBetweenUs Offline

Electrolysis definitely works on PCOS.

Course and abundant facial hair is one of the telltales symptoms on females.

Continued treatment with the correct amount of current and skilled electrologist should get the job done. A treatment plan should be put into placed and discussed with the client as well as excellent aftertreatmentcare.

#96094 - 02/24/12 02:09 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
alli Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Willoughby, OH
It's been years since I've been on here and my electrologist fairy , Dee Fahey, will probably scold me for mentioning her name since she works so hard at giving unbiased advice, but I just really need to take this moment to give her a shout out and touch on just how hard it is to find an electrologist who fits your individual needs and how much it means to me to have found one.
The comment above about rocket scientists is what motivated me to write this because honestly a good electrologist is worth more to me than a rocket scientist. Just about the only thing that would interest me more would be he/she who finds the cure for cancer or AIDS.

I have seen countless electrologists over the past few years and only 2 HAVE REALLY MET MY NEEDS. oNE OF THEM DOESNT HAVE GOOD EYEWEAR OR LIGHTING AND CAN ONLY WORK ON ME FOR 1.5 HRS AT A TIME BUT SHE HAS EAGLE EYES AND A GREAT APILUS MACHINE SO SHE DOES fine for the fill ins in btwn driving 3 hours to see Dee. And I still drive almost an hour to see her every 2 weeks since no one has proved worth my time anywhere in my area, and I have tried them all. Most of them are nice enough people but they have crappy outdated equipment or only do Blend or they can't see my fine numerous blond hairs on my face and neck, and/or they work VERY slowly and cause me lots of pain and redness. Some of these people don't think those long blonde hairs are even important to get rid of and so don't really care...well I DO!!! Some of these people also have the nerve to charge way more than Dee when their equipment and up keep has clearly cost them way less and is not even half as good or efficient This is what really urks me, but I don't dwell on that b/c I have two great electrologists to turn to. (Dee even springs for wonderful smelling Thayers witch hazel- and I'm telling you it makes a difference! It's calming aromatherapy.) It took me a long time to find them, but it was well worth the search, and even worth the long drives and gas $!! Someone mentioned above about establishing a relationship with their dutiful electrologist and this is exactly what I have: 2 great friends who I find almost double as therapists! I share things with them that no one else hears and I feel extremely comfortable with them and put all my trust in them and they do not let me down. I can truly call them my friends now and hope to finish one day and then just take them out to lunch once in a while to catch up.

It may be hard sometimes to find the right fit, but don't give up and keep looking until you find who is right for you, because they are out there...but they are definitely not on every corner or may not be in your neighborhood so don't be discouraged if you have to drive a little or spend some of your free time doing research. I have for sure seen improvement and electrolysis is my manicure, pedicure, massage, or hair coloring. I don't splurge on those things but I am ok with it. I choose electrolysis. (altho i'm goin gray so i may need to rethink the no hair coloring smile ). I make sacrifices for my sanity in order to not be crippled by depression , as I once was, from debilitating facial hair growth-. Good loupes (eyewear), great lighting, a fast computerized epilator with a skilled person behind it, fun conversation and a caring heart keep me in my electrologists chair for up to 6 hours at a time...and I now know that I am blessed and very lucky she will work on me for that long because it is hard work and hard on her body and eyes. I feel relaxed with minimal pain and I always feel welcome....even talking about politics!!!

So here is a big thank you to all the great ones out there...

#96096 - 02/24/12 02:36 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: alli]

Top 10 Contributor

Its too bad you don't have pictures to post for your before, during and after Alli. I know that would be both interesting, and in some cases inspirational for many.

Glad you found happiness.
Let's hear it for Dee Fahey, Electrolysis Diva's Champion! laugh grin

#96131 - 02/26/12 05:21 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Deanna Stovall Offline
Contributor

Loc: Columbus, OH
Hi, Deanna Stovall here. After being an avid reader of Hairtell for years this is my first posting. Dee Fahey has often encouraged me to add my thoughts and findings from my practice to the threads. She will probably die when she reads this (as this is not what she had in mind) but after reading Alli’s post about Dee, I wanted to tell about my experiences with Dee. I am a practicing electrologist (Powell Electrolysis) in Columbus, OH. Dee is truly a blessing to the profession and to this website, as I have learned so much from both.

I met Dee 2 1/2 years ago, at which time she introduced me to the Apilus Platinum. Before meeting with Dee, I had no intention of replacing my 1yr. old (purchased new) epilator with the epilator Dee was raving about. One month later I owned my very own Apilus Platinum. A great day!

Since that time, Dee has become a special friend and mentor to me. There has been countless emails, phone calls and many sessions working on each other where Dee shared with me her “bag of tricks.” Not only is Dee good at what she does, but she is dedicated to making this profession stronger by educating both clients and practitioners.

I want to thank the contributors of this site. Hairtell passes along great information to those in need of electrolysis and laser services, and it helps practitioners become better practitioners. I have learned and benefitted from Chewbacca’s skin reaction thread to Josefa’s awesome videos. The Laurier probe thread (and probe) has been amazing as well. There really is a wealth of information contained in these threads!

One last shout out: James Walker is incredible as well! He not only lets me poke him (hopefully, I only did that once or twice) when he comes to town, he gives great tips. Working on someone with James’ hair structure is not routine in my practice. He has some of the most challenging hairs, requiring settings I have never used before (way outside the preset parameters). This is the kind of training you don’t get in school and the kind that often takes years and years to figure out on your own. It was incredibly “freeing” to see and experience the settings needed for these tough hairs and also to see the skin reaction at such levels. My most difficult clients are now served with confidence because of the help of those associated with Hairtell.

Thanks to all of the Dees, James and those who contribute to this site with photos and questions, etc. You are reaching many more people than you know and helping to create better electrologists, setting the standard higher for a great service!

[img]https://mail-attachment.googleuserconten...lw&sadssc=1[/img]

#96136 - 02/26/12 09:48 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Deanna Stovall]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Deanna, thank you for your post! Just curios, what epilator did you use before Apilus Platinum?

And where did you and Dee find each other? wink

#96138 - 02/26/12 11:09 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ekade]
DPP Offline
Contributor

Also out of curiosity, Deanna, what were the settings you used on the tough hairs? :-)

#96147 - 02/26/12 05:34 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: DPP]
Deanna Stovall Offline
Contributor

ekade, before my Platinum I used the Clareblend Ultra. I actually had it for about 18 months before replacing it. I purchased one of the last available. Clareblend's new Elegance epilator had just come out.

This model epilator was used in my training program and gives a very good blend treatment. I had great training using the blend technique and had read all of Michael Bono's books. There is incredible information in these books and I highly recommend them if you are interested in the profession. I was ready to start my blend practice and did.

Then Dee's appearance in my life - a good thing! DPP - I heard about Dee through a mutual friend and called her. Dee answered my questions and invited me over to try the Platinum. I took my daughters with me to Dee's and after experiencing the treatment and hearing of Dee's results with this epilator their comment to me was, "Mom, you need that epilator."

The Ultrablend gave a good treatment, but starting out in practice I wanted to offer the best treatment that I could offer. A 6-10 second facial epilation time just did not cut-it. Practitioners up the street were offering a faster treatment (although no one in close vicinity has the Platinum). People want fast and as little discomfort and skin reaction as possible. I did not like replacing an 18 month old epilator, but it was what I needed to do to offer the treatment that I wanted to offer.

Needless to say I had a lot of work to do, it was a whole new ballgame! A training class in California helped immensely. Dee, as I have said, has been a God send. Emails to the training center in California (which were welcomed and answered), Hairtell and many hours of friends letting me try different settings on them, were my training. I also attended the Apilus Symposium in Quebec City last summer (was awesome)- gathering information from practitioners and other resources, trusting your instincts and an open mind to learn is essential. It was hard work, but very much worth the transition. I am doing what I love and am getting the results I had hoped for - happy clients!

The last time I worked on James I believe I used pico .068 seconds with 99% intensity. El's were probably @675. My notes are at work, but these numbers are very close to the setting that was used (els may not be exact, but they are close). I used a Ballet 6 gold probe. I know from James' posts and talking with him that even higher settings are needed at times. Obviously, 99% is maximum on intensity, so other parameters must change to accommodate the needed energy. Watching skin reaction is critical. You can see it and feel it immediately when the setting is too high.

www.powellelectrolysis.com

#96148 - 02/26/12 05:50 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Deanna Stovall]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Thank you for your reply!
By the way, what electrolysis school did you attend before?
If you knew that if would buy Apilus Platinum, would you choose to go to http://www.aielectrology.com/ school, which learn Apilus Platinum?

#96156 - 02/27/12 02:05 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ekade]
Deanna Stovall Offline
Contributor

I did my initial training at the Southeastern School of Electrology in Lexington, KY. It was a 750hr. program that I completed in about a year. Louise Chaffins was my instructor.
She is a very knowledgeable practicing electrologist who has taught for many years. Louise is primarily a blend practitioner, although I know recently she purchased the Apilus Senior II, so I assume she teaches on this epilator now as well.

I attended the A.I.E. school. This school is in Santa Ana, CA and Johanna did most of the teaching. I did not do the the school program, but did the training coarse offered, as a free service, to anyone purchasing their epilators. The training I received was on "using their epilator," as I had already been through the fundamentals of electrolysis. I think I had about 20hrs. of instruction.

My recommendation would be to train Apilus if possible. They are experts on their epilators. The instructional manual provided with my Apilus epilator was very basic (unlike Clareblend's manual which is very helpful). This is one area I would like to see Apilus improve upon.

In my blend training I learned to identify hairs by "units of lye." I would look at a hair and identify it as a "60 unit of lye" or a "45 unit of lye hair" (the "unit of lye" measurement was established by the coarseness and depth of the hair). Once the hair was identified (say it was a "60 unit of lye" hair), I set the RF, which is simple to do (parameters were given in manual). Then, all that was needed to be decided was, how did I want to put the "60 units of lye" into the follicle. For face treatment, a timing of 6-10 seconds should be used. There is a simple equation to create the lye needed (seconds x ma = units of lye). So, if I decided to do a 10second epilation time, I would set the ma setting at 6ma. It was a very scientific approach. When I write this it sounds complicated, but it is not.

Anyway, the Apilus equipment is very different. There is no RF or HF to set, which is a critical setting of Clareblend epilators (this measurement is incorporated in the intensity setting of Apilus epilators). There is an "el" measurement on Apilus epilators (which I had never heard of, it is not talked of in Hinkel's or Bono's books) which reflects the timing and intensity combined. My point is, I could not figure this epilator out on my own and the manual did not give comprehensive instruction - no RF or HF menitoned, what constituted els was not explained, the els recommended for different hair structures were listed, but they were very vague. I absolutely needed their class. Their class instruction included going out of the presets - when it was appropriate to raise timing and when it was better to raise intensity etc. The class was very helpful with settings. It would be nice to have this information in the manual or on a video, as it is not always feasible for someone to make the trip to CA. They are very good at answering emails when you have questions.

#96157 - 02/27/12 06:38 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Deanna Stovall]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Thank you very much for such detailed description!
Also, I sent you a Private Massage. Please, check it in My Stuff - Massages

#96880 - 03/20/12 04:14 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ekade]
in_toronto Offline
Contributor

I've meaning to post my success story for a while...

I started electolysis in October 2010 on nipple area and belly button area and chin area (chin area was the most minor - maybe ten dark, thick hairs that seemed to be popping up all the time). I went every three weeks for treatments (using the thermolysis method) and completely stopped all plucking, and did this for aprox ten months like clock work; then it dropped to me only needing to go every five to six weeks and now I only have to go once every 2 months for a five minute session to clear 2-3 hairs total in the nipple and belly button areas; the chin area hasen't required any clearance at all in months.

It's pretty amazing, I completely didn't expect these results but I trusted the Forum - got my first referral from someone here - and I have to say, it's really changed my life. No more tweezer! I added electolysis to my very outer bikini area at about the third month mark in order to fill up a full hour of treatment and that's pretty much finished up too.

I've had two amazing practionners, which I feel very lucky about: a wonderful woman who retired about six months ago and I was then referred to the equally wonderful Susan Belfer, who I see now, in central Toronto, and who I highly recommend - her contact info is at http://www.belferbeauty.com

I'm so, so grateful for this forum and its moderators and for the work I received at the hands of Susan and my previous practionner! Thanks!

#100394 - 07/28/12 03:01 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: in_toronto]
waxnomore Offline
Contributor

Loc: New York
About Me: I started waxing my upper lip and plucking my unibrow at age 10! When I hit my early 30s, I decided that 2 decades of waxing, threading and plucking was enough, and I sought a permanent solution.

I tried YAG laser on my bikini, and figured if it worked, I would move on to my face. Everything was fine but then I got burns and hyper-pigmentation on my 6th session! I think it was a blessing in disguise because I bought another groupon for laser sessions for my face and would have started face sessions THAT DAY had I not got burned. Thank god I didn't get YAG on my face! To top it all off, all of the hair slowly came back.

I even tried IPL on my underarms at another location and that didn't work. Even though I didn't get burned from IPL, 6 sessions later my underarms were still hairy.

I am naturally tan due to my Asian-Pacific Islander heritage and scar with hyper-pigmentation very easily. I'm still trying to fade the bikini line scars from laser. Maybe laser works for some, but it's not for me because all I got was temporary hair reduction AND I got burned and scarred.

Electrolysis to the rescue!
I started electrolysis on my upper lip and chin with an electrologist that has lots of experience. My experience is so great that I just started electrolysis on my underarms! I'm so excited because shaving plagues me with ingrown hair. With electrolysis I have no scars, no hyper-pigmentation, nada.

In the future, I want to tackle more areas where I am prone to ingrown hairs, like my bikini and legs.

I'm really lucky to have found Hairtell and the positive experiences from electrolysis. It feels good to know that I am paying for permanent hair removal and am supporting a small-business owner.

#100405 - 07/28/12 10:51 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: waxnomore]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Wow, do we love to hear stories like this! You made my day!

#102851 - 11/30/12 06:15 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
freewheeling Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all,
I have been a long-timer reader of this forum but have seldom posted on it. The stories here have helped me through some definite low points in the fight against facial hair!

I first noticed the hair when I was 17 and when was about 22 it had become quite dark and coarse around my neck, chin, sideburns and lip. I initially tried laser but, to my horror, this only made things a lot worse.

There was a long interlude when I didnt really have the courage to try another hair removal method but I read a lot about electrolysis and decided to give it a go. I think I tried about 5 electrologists before I settled on the current one. I can't tell you how much they varied. Some barely removed any hairs. One did a lot of tweezing, shockingly. And I had an awful reaction when I went to another lady. My current electrologist is very skilled and uses an Apilus machine, something I came to regard as very important.

So far, I have had 13 months of electrolysis and am still going about once every two weeks for fifteen minutes. I've pretty much finished with t he lip area and continue to get fine dark hairs removed on the neck and chin. I can't tell you how much this has improved my quality of life and self-esteem. It's priceless and I hope this message entices some of you who are hiding in polonecks all summer and covering your face while you talk to try it out. I'm not finished yet but I barely spend any time thinking about it at all. This is from a point where it was literally the only thing I thought about from dawn to dusk for about 4 years.

I'm a doctor and it has given me a huge amount of insight into how patients can feel about their illnesses. It has also given me a great amount of respect for the incredible professionalism of the electrologist community.

Thanks to all those who post in this forum for helping me through my journey.

Freewheeling

#102854 - 11/30/12 06:53 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: freewheeling]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

waxnomore, laser works on everyone who is a good candidates if the treatments are good (just like with electrolysis). Sounds like you got crappy treatments. Laser on bikini is a breeze and permanent if done right. Feel free to read the FAQs below.

#102856 - 11/30/12 07:53 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: LAgirl]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

MICHEAL Bono had posted here that one of the top laser guys admitted that it wont work on the labia for those that are interested in the brazilian thing...
ELECTROLYSIS- Scammed by the one in my town. Whenever possible, while traveling out of town,I try to get electrolysis on face. Very Challenging overall due to lack of professionals available .Many treatments done on only a tiny area of my face yet there still seems to be alot of hair growing there. Seems an impossible dream at this point frown

#102860 - 11/30/12 09:35 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Danika]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Which "top laser guy"? What is the scientific reasoning behind this? Laser doesn't discriminate between areas on the body - it doesn't know what's what. It only targets pigment.

#103926 - 01/08/13 12:50 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: LAgirl]
chewbacca86 Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Michigan
I’ve been meaning to come back and write about my success story for quite some time, but I needed time away from the whole hair obsession to gain a more positive outlook on life. If you read through some of my past posts you will see I had a lot of negative experiences with hair removal, which often times left me angry, scared, doubtful, and depressed. But rather than have everyone skim through a million past posts (probably a lot of them consisting of my tantrums), I will give a summary of the events that led me to hairtell, which has not only been a great site for educational reasons but also for support.

Growing up, I had always been a bit more on the hairier side for a female, but I always coined that with the fact that my father is a hairy beast and I take on quite a few of his physical characteristics. As a teenager, I was always self conscious about my belly because I had a “not-so-happy” trail that I would shave every day. I was always so frustrated, because although it would leave the area smooth, my skin would be littered with shaving bumps. During my later teen years, I started noticing the hair on the sides of my face more. It was light in color and thickness, but it bothered me because it was long, so I started shaving the sides of my face along with the mustache that I started shaving in my younger teen years. It was a bothersome chore and I hated the rough feeling that would come in the next morning, but at that point, it wasn’t bad enough to where I was self conscious about it.

It wasn’t until my earlier twenties that I noticed a big change and that came around the time that I decided to get off of birth control. Within about six months, I noticed some dark, thick hairs coming in around the ball of my skin. Being the hair obsessed person that I was/am, I started shaving and tweezing the area every day. Every day I tweezed roughly 10 hairs or so and although it took care of the problem, it was slowly starting to make my face look a mess.

That’s when my family doctor had suggested laser hair removal and I did some brief research on it and decided to go that route. A little nervous about allowing a laser to touch my face, I started on body areas to get an idea of what it was like. Overall, I had my arms done a handful of times along with my armpits, bikini line, and my happy trail. After about the second body treatment, I decided to let the laser touch my face without any immediate negative reaction. My skin would look a bit sunburned for the day but I was in all my glory that I didn’t have to shave for weeks and my skin was starting to look beautiful because it wasn’t getting beat up every day by razors and tweezers. That glory ended after about the third facial treatment and I started noticing more hair and thicker hair on every spot the laser touched. Dark hairs were sprouting out underneath my chin and by my neck, where dark hair had never been before! It wasn’t until after the fact that I’d discovered about laser stimulated hair growth and by that time, it was too late to turn back time. On the plus side, it worked wonderfully to reduce the amount of body hair on the other areas I had done. I no longer had a “not-so-happy” trail, which was wonderful, but I was “not-so-happy” about walking around with a prepubescent like teenage boy beard.

Not long after, I found hairtell and at first started lurking the forums to gain a better understanding of electrolysis, because I wanted to get rid of the carpet on my face. I started out with treatments with a local electrologist and I went to her for about a total of three months. In the beginning, the skin reactions were tolerable and redness would last about two days without scabbing. Gradually, my skin reactions worsened with each treatment although my aftercare remained the same. Although I’m not one that likes to bash another person, I overall didn’t care for my electrologists attitude and I began to doubt her work, but I stopped treatment a bit too late because the last treatment left me with bloody spots and weeping skin, which eventually left hyperpigmentation marks all over the treated area. After that, I had tried to pamper my skin into good health for a few weeks, but a bit of anxiety began to settle in when I noticed the discoloration was not fading and my overall skin texture wasn’t looking the same and I ended up creating more damage by using skin lightening creams that inflamed and infected the area, damaging the skin barrier and leaving my skin very dry.

But the biggest down fall, was that the same amount of hair was still there from when I had my first electrolysis treatment and I began feeling angry. Once my skin started settling down, I started my search for a new electrologist within my state and I went to a handful of people, all of whom were nice and professional. Some who worked out of their home and some who worked within a business building. But after many months of going every week or two and receiving a clearance each time, I was beginning to feel defeated because I was showing minimal to no progress and my skin had already been through so much that it couldn’t tolerate much at all and healing would take forever. I looked ridiculous, often cried myself to sleep, and hid behind coats of makeup and turtleneck shirts, in attempts to hide the problem and look somewhat normal.

I finally decided to give this hair removal journey one last shot and decided to make the commute to one of the electrologists on this board to see if I could find any success with their treatments. I chose to travel down to Ohio to see Dee, mostly because she was close and also because she appeared knowledgeable and caring about her work. I have to admit that I was quite doubtful in the beginning, but also determined to give it one last try. With the first treatment, she tested different areas with different settings and needles and had me report back to her with which area reacted the best. I won’t lie, the first treatment did not turn out pretty, but I expected that considering my skin had been through a lot and wasn’t in the healthiest condition either. We didn’t give up and we soon came to discover that blend was the key to saving me from a lot of grief. I still left with a bit of a reaction that lasted for a few days, but it was healing so much better and much more tolerable. But it wasn’t the treatment reaction that I was stunned with, it was the results I started seeing after only the second or third clearance. I don’t have any pictures to report the progress, but the machine she used reports the time and number of insertions and the numbers definitely reveal a good idea of the progress, so I will share.

November 12, 2011 – Treatment time 157 minutes, 1339 insertions
December 3, 2011 – Treatment time 139 minutes, 751 insertions
January 14, 2012 – Treatment time 173 minutes, 797 insertions
February 25, 2012 – Treatment time 159 minutes, 575 insertions

Now, these numbers aren’t completely accurate for just one area, because with the last few treatments extra time was added to the upper lip and eyebrow area. I tried to save all of my receipts but I can’t remember if I stopped after four or five treatments, but when I did stop, I did have a handful of dark hairs coming through that were bothersome, but I wanted to give my skin a long break along with myself a long break from the whole hair obsession. Since then, the handful of hairs that are left are about the same. If new hairs have started emerging, I have not been able to visually notice them. I can now confidently say that I believe electrolysis works. My hair removal journey has been a difficult and doubtful one, but it took a long time, patience, and finding the right person to get me to a more comfortable place in life. Thank you, Dee!

I’m sorry it took me so long to report back, but the New Year has brought me some ambition to start fresh. I do plan on eradicating those lasting bothersome hairs soon and I hope to be more active on the board again too, but in a more positive light. Also, for those that have suffered from any negative skin reactions, any areas that appeared discolored and/or questionable pitting from the beginning has filled in and lightened with a lot of time and patience. And as many people have stressed on this board, which I didn’t always follow, less is definitely more. I’ve discovered that even lotion can be damaging to the skin if used too much. But anyways, before this post turns into a book, I want to wish everyone luck on their journey and also I hope that my story provides some hope for those in search of it out there.

Love,
Chewy

P.S. If I get a chance I will try to post a picture soon of how the area looks now. The remaining hairs you will likely not be able to see, but to give an idea of how well my skin has cleared up.

#103934 - 01/08/13 04:27 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: chewbacca86]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, Chewy the blend was a good choice for your beautiful and very delicate skin. I'm not kidding folks, she is a lovely person In appearance and in her heart. Thanks for following through. It is very helpful to others that are contemplating what to do about their particular hair problem to hear about your personal journey.

Hugs smile
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#103941 - 01/08/13 06:19 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: chewbacca86]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story, Chewy!
But I really cannot understand what are the reasons that all these electrologists did poor job? They were so afraid to overtreat that they mostly plucked the hair? What is the main reason of such poor results?
Originally Posted By: chewbacca86
Once my skin started settling down, I started my search for a new electrologist within my state and I went to a handful of people, all of whom were nice and professional. Some who worked out of their home and some who worked within a business building. But after many months of going every week or two and receiving a clearance each time, I was beginning to feel defeated because I was showing minimal to no progress and my skin had already been through so much that it couldn’t tolerate much at all and healing would take forever.

#103949 - 01/09/13 06:19 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ekade]
notadelphin Offline
Major Contributor

Quote:
But I really cannot understand what are the reasons that all these electrologists did poor job? They were so afraid to overtreat that they mostly plucked the hair? What is the main reason of such poor results?

There are many reasons why undertreatment happens. The important thing is learning to recognize it.

For example in body work on a area that hasn't been shaved in several months, if there is little skin reaction in the treated area and you see many hairs come out the following four weeks after treatment, that feel shaved, then you were undertreated.

Of course you can even have undertreatment coupled with a strong skin reaction but the result is the same. Most of the "new" hair feels shaved.

Ideally, nearly all the hair growing in the following 6 weeks after a treatment should be very light colored and feel soft.
(Oh, and not from the treated follicle.)

Edited by notadelphin (01/09/13 06:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Addition

#103958 - 01/09/13 12:58 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: notadelphin]
chewbacca86 Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Michigan
Aww, thank you, Dee! You've been a lifesaver! And that's no lie, folks!

ekade -- I can't necessarily say that the other electrologists had done poor work, but I did not feel confident enough to feel that I was making any progress with them. Each I had given a few months with clearances every week or two and I didn't feel like there was even a budge in progress. I know many say that's not enough time to really tell, but there were also a few other things that made me feel doubtful. One did not use any magnification, another I could feel probably 80-90% of the hairs being plucked, and then another used thermolysis only and was hesitant about turning down the settings, which was just too much for my skin. All of them were lovely and professional people, but I wanted to feel like my patience and efforts were going to take me somewhere. I had spent close to a year and a half getting the hair cleared off my face on a weekly to bi-weekly basis and it had looked the same as when I first started. After lurking these forums for quite some time, I came to see that many of the electrologists who post here are very knowledgeable and caring and many are not afraid to try new things to benefit their clients. That's the kind of care I wanted and felt more confident about. That's when I traveled to see Dee and after only four clearances with her, I felt like I was finally "getting somewhere." And boy was that a wonderful feeling!

#104037 - 01/13/13 10:52 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
caligirl Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I haven't posted in ages and I don't really come on this forum much anymore. Why? Because electrolysis (and later laser for other areas) worked! It literally changed my life. I had a lot of electrolysis on my face. I still go once in a while. I am so lucky to have found a pretty good practitioner in my area and then found an even better one almost 2 years later. I keep adding areas because I know it will work. This site really educated me in the process and I am so grateful for it and to all the people that contribute to it!

#104048 - 01/14/13 09:13 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: caligirl]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Well done Caligirl. Good electrolysis is addictive, but eventually you do run out of hairs!! Hairfree, really is carefree.

#104051 - 01/14/13 01:46 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: C O'Connell]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, electrolysis does work. It is simply satisfying and well worth the investment. It restores and uplifts, but the one word that really describes the feeling of finally being hair-free in an area of concern is a word that every human being understands and that word is FREEDOM.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#104061 - 01/14/13 11:21 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for the update caligirl! This is what happens with most posters here and it's not a bad thing smile

Would appreciate your success story on the laser portion of the forum as well when you have a chance.

#104062 - 01/14/13 11:55 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: LAgirl]
mam91 Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: canada
I am really waiting to tell my story because having observed my electrolysis treatments(due to laser stimulated hair on my chin)so far after 6months,I am so impressed cos the hairs on my chin have become lighter and reduced though there is still hair there. Intially i started with 3 hours of treatment but now its down to 1hour with fine tuning and all of my chin area and now added my chest and stomach to make up for the 3hours.Am so happy.I hope i would be done with my chin by dec2013 cos i started on june 13th 2012.Also i go for full clearance everyime i get to see my electrologist every two weeks.I CAN'T WAITTTTT!!

#104068 - 01/15/13 12:09 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: mam91]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

You are doing this correctly. This is how one achieves their goal of permanent hair removal with electrolysis. Each appointment brings you closer to being hair-free and the urge to add areas is strong because you do have proof, from the original area, that your time and money is not being gambled away.

Hugs to you for posting and hugs to your electrologist for her ability to give you PERMANENT hair REMOVAL.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#104333 - 01/28/13 06:38 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
ctho Offline

Loc: Boise, ID
I just wanted to take a minute and share my success story. I don't make it to this site very much anymore but I used to visit often. I have had such remarkable success over the last 16 months that hair problems aren't even on my mind anymore. My journey began in September 2011. I had random dark hairs on my chin, neck, jawline, and sideburns. I had been plucking for a long time and it was hard when I started electrolysis and realized that there was much more hair than I had ever realized. At first I went every week for a 15-20 minute session. I looked forward all week to getting to go in an get all of the hair zapped. In May 2012 I was able to start stretching it out and only going every 2 weeks. By November I was down to once a month and now when I go in there are very few hairs to even treat. There's still a few hairs that pop up from time to time that are darker and freak me out, but overall, I don't even think about hair anymore. For anyone just beginning this journey, please stick with it. I was a skeptic and at times was sure that it wasn't working. My electrologist was very patient and kept reminding me that it takes time. Sure enough, she was right. I wish I would have started electrolyisis years ago!

#104405 - 02/03/13 05:51 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ctho]
issywissy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
Hi,

I have not been on the board for ages. I began this journey in February 2011 and I have had thermolysis for 36-40 hours and I felt that I did not achieve the results I wanted. I was going for weekly sessions for 1 hour. I then decided to and have blend at Parkside Clinic in December 2011. I had 24 hours of treatment until June/July 2012, weekly treatments. I then have had 4 hours of blend from then until January 2013 so 3-5 week periods.
Treatment on my chin...which was my focus... reduced from the full hour to 15 minutes.
I am delighted with the results from blend and from Sharon. I do not have any scaring, my skin is improving and rejuvenating (as it was discoloured from plucking). I feel that I have very soft fine hair that I am not overly concerned about.
I longer pluck for 2 hours a night.
I feel confident in direct sunlight and hold my head up.
I do not have to cover up with heavy foundation and powder.
I believe that I will go back for the finer hair every month - six weeks. Its not an issue.
Its been a long journey but worthwhile and successful.
I am very happy : )

Thank you for listening.

Edited by issywissy (02/03/13 05:52 PM)

#104409 - 02/03/13 08:42 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: issywissy]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I am delighted for you, issy! This is why we call electrolysis life changing.

If you were my client, I would have done thermolysis in those first attempts and you would have been just as happy. ALL modalities of electrolysis lead to a preditable outcome, but not all electrologists are skilled enough to know how to perform all modalities correctly. This was the case for you regarding YOUR thermolysis experience and I just want this community to know that very important fact. ALL MODALITIES SUCCEED, but without a skilled driver, you won't get to your destination.

Thanks for adding to this thread.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#104414 - 02/04/13 07:54 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
issywissy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
Dee
Thank you for your comment.
I agree with you that it is the skill of the practitioner and the insertions not the modality.
I felt very confident with my first electrologist but the results with hair reduction was not what I had anticipated - and I was patient : )
Your clarification was extremely helpful.
I wish everyone on this journey a successful outcome.

#106956 - 05/16/13 12:06 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
melloe Offline

Hi all,

I've finally registered on this site after scouring all posts relating to electrolysis/laser hair removal as a non member. This site has been such a massive help during my electrolysis journey and I'm now confident enough to share my experience.

Where to start, I am a 25 year old female of South East Asian descent. Fortunately for me I am actually not overly hairy however of course you are always your own worse critic. My sideburns bothered me a bit. They were longer than the usual (just a teeny fraction past my earlobes)and a work colleague had been getting IPL for pigmentation and suggested it as an option since I had mentioned it bothered me.

Anywho to try and cut this long story short, I had 4 sessions of IPL on my sideburns and upper lip. Initially my sideburns were shaved (standard practice) prior to the IPL. I had 4 weeks in between treatments and what I thought were results, was actually just the delayed growth due to the shaving on each visit. I personally don't think the IPL had any effect on the hair as there was no shedding in between. My savvy colleagues had then caught onto Laser hair removal and were getting bikini areas done to which rave reviews all round. I then switched from IPL to Laser. Boy was that a bad decision.

Of course according to the clinic, yes I was a perfect candidate and most definitely the laser would work . I am of medium skin colour and tan easily , the hairs on my face were black but very fine (cringing as I'm typing this - hindsight is always 20/20). I had 6 sessions in total, with a Candela Gentlelase - the settings i'm not quite sure of. Walking away after each session, I was happy with the "results" the surface hair had been removed. And after two weeks time I did experience the shedding of hair. After my 5th treatment, during the break period I noticed that although my sideburns had been removed the fine downy hair that coated my cheeks were now no longer fine but dark, and alot thicker (correct term being terminal hairs). As well as hairs sprouting on my neck. In a panic, I called the owner of the clinic who reassured me this was not a problem and to see her on my next visit. At this stage, I then started to google keywords such as "laser stimulated hair growth" I came across so many other posts which made me really anxious about what was happening to me and also stumbled upon this website. On my visit I mentioned that could this possibly be the result of laser induced hypertrichosis? A terminology I picked up from my Google search. The owner assured me, no definitely not. The hair growth was nothing out of the norm and she had seen worse, zapped the hair as per usual and told me if I had any worries or questions not to hesitate and contact her.

After the 6th session all was fine for up to 8 weeks, I then noticed I practically had grown a beard overnight! All the fine vellus hair that covered my cheeks and jawline had turned terminal. Sometimes during my laser sessions the technician would say Oh you've just got a dark hair here, i'll zap it for you. This would be in random spots on my neck. I noticed I now had a number of dark hairs around 7-8 on my neck. I KNOW for a fact, this was all laser stimulated hair. I had gone and caused myself a problem, when I practically didn't even have one to start off with. I gave up on returning back to laser, after all the research I did thereafter I knew I was one of the unfortunate's who managed to get laser induced hair growth. Suing is also not an option in New Zealand.

The worse part of it all was not only the visual of the hair that had grown (in a beardlike pattern - along the front of my cheeks), but the coarse sound when I rubbed my hand against my face. This absolutely shattered my self esteem and I kicked myself everyday for my stupid uninformed decision I had made.

I then came across Electrolysis as a form of hair removal, this time round I did extensive research. Such as post electrolysis effects, and does electrolysis stimulate hair growth ? I was so wary of the consequences of hair removal. I only came across positive reviews and reassuring posts.

5 months ago I started my electrolysis journey, the lady I have been going to has done such a fantastic job. I can't believe the results and am so wrapped I'm looking into doing a course in electrolysis myself to help others.

To those who may be sitting here reading this post, considering hair removal options (mainly laser) for yourself. Please please do your research, speak to those who have undergone treatments themselves. From what I've learnt, laser only works on COARSE dark hair, preferably on fair skin. And should really not be performed on females from the neck up because it is such a hormonal area. I am not a professional but am only speaking from my own experience. I would recommend electrolysis to all and I really wish that I had chosen it from the start.

Kind Regards
Mel

#107296 - 05/31/13 02:46 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: melloe]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another success story. Twenty years and counting.

#107294 - Today at 04:29 PM Genital Electrolysis (M/F) USA/Canada recommends
Bryan McKenzie

Loc: Palm Springs & Baja (Playas de...
I have used the following electrologists over the past 20+ years and highly recommend them for both the 'intimate' parts and numerous male body areas. All CPE, pleasant, affordable and comfortable working on men. E-mail at my website if you have any questions or are uncomfortable about starting your own hair removal process ... http://www.genital-electrolysis.com/

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Nursing license and Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis license

#107597 - 06/19/13 12:15 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another success story, courtesy of Josefa:

Throughout my entire career, I have finished many cases of woman face, but few of them have touched my heart like this. Women 26 years of age. Victim of previous laser failure, and under-treatment by Electrolysis in her country of origin. This beautiful girl is almost over with a serious problem of hair which would have ruined her life. I'm glad I agreed to work on this girl, and it was a pleasure to meet her.
Before:(December 2012)

After 3 clearances (Last clearing in early March 2013)

I'm glad I had a Laurier IBP to make this work. Everything was easier.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#107598 - 06/19/13 10:46 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Great work Dee, and great photography too. This person can now enjoy her beautiful complexion.

#107599 - 06/19/13 12:12 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: C O'Connell]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Though I have done many chin cases like this, I can't take credit for this fantastic work and outcome. This is Josefa's accomplishment. I just posted her pictures here on this thread to share another success story.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#108256 - 08/06/13 02:44 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another story headed down the road to success:

#108229 - Sat Aug 03 2013 08:30 PM A big milestone
Anonymous

Major Contributor

After a few months of electrolysis, I am officially, for the first time in my adult life (and I'm not that young) -- NOT SHAVING between appointments! Yay! And I'm a woman who -- through some evil twist of fate or whatnot -- had a pretty full beard. Now, each appointment is removing a hair here, a hair there -- oh, I see a couple of them over here. Just four months ago, I never would have noticed a few hairs, because who pays attention to a tree in a forest? Not a single hair she's treated seems to have come back. At least, that's my guess because otherwise, how could we have gone from a complete beard to zapping individual hairs so quickly?

She says it'll be many more months before we're done, and no longer have to zap pop-ups. But what a big step! :-)
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#108519 - 08/24/13 11:06 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
Live & Let Live Offline
Contributor

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I had my first electrolysis session today. 1 hour down, countless more to go! Yes, it was painful. It felt as if someone kept pricking me with a needle over and over and over and over...for an hour. My body kept twitching involuntarily. There is no turning back now, though, I'm in it for the long haul. So far, I have 1-hour sessions scheduled twice a month through the end of November.

Here are some specifics:

I'm a 41 year old female.
I have fair skin and red hair.
Area treated: chin
I've been shaving this area for years.
Method: Blend

My plan of action is
Chin
Upper Lip
Sideburns
Brows
Arms
Legs

Attachments
Aug 24 2013 Right Chin BEFORE.jpg (786 downloads)
Description: BEFORE PIC

Aug 24 2013 Right Chin AFTER.jpg (684 downloads)
Description: AFTER PIC

#108532 - 08/25/13 12:23 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Live & Let Live]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I'm happy for you Live and Let Live from Phoenix and welcome to Hairtell. Thank you for sharing and I hope you keep sharing with this board as you move forward with that cruel facial hair.

I'm going to move your post to another thread because this thread is for cases that have ended and the clients are fulfilled and happy with their results. Your post now appears on the thread entitled, ' Electrolysis diary in Phoenix, Arizona' .

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#110614 - 11/12/13 12:41 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

This post was copied and pasted from another thread:

#110613 - Re: Oum's Electrolysis Diary [Re: Oum]
zarin

My daughter suffers from PCOS and has severe side effects because of her condition. Laser did not help even after 3 years. after gratduating she became a recluse and did not persue her career. that was the time I thought I had to do something. So I got training for electrolysis and after I got my qualifications I saved and bought apilus cleo. the hair on her face was twice as much and twice thicker then yours when I started the treatment on her. That was 2 years ago and almost most of the thick hairs dont grow anymore and I am now working on finer hairs. It has taken me longer because I am not very experienced but I feel it was worth the effort. ELECTROLYSIS WORKS.

#110618 - 11/12/13 02:11 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

From 2011:

#82227 - Mon Jan 24 2011 08:13 AM Re: My electro journey..SO SO GOOD!!! [Re: Barbara_CPE]
vibe1luv~
Major Contributor

Loc: California
Good morning!
I have never been a soda drinker so there is no need to cut out sugar free diet sodas. I cannot say I never use sugar supplement, I do use it very rarely in ice tea, and did try the sugar free coffee creamer...BLAH, Ill stick to the non fat!!!

I just want everyone to have such a wonderful progression with electro! I have worked very hard! This is by far one of the best things I could have done for myself. I really have had to readjust my mind process, first to deal with the pain, the after math, and prep of electro. So many days I just wanted to give up, or after two hours of being treated, I would walk to my car and just sit there and CRY!!! At the time it felt like I was crying for the hours lost in electro from my family or personal life, but i think now I actually had to go through some grieving in order to let the hair go. I had lived with it for twenty years, it was a huge part of who I was! Letting go and moving on ment I had to find other parts of my personality and let those parts shine!
I went back to my endo and she congratulated me on my hair removal success and said BUT BETSY take care of your body! This is when I went oh SH*T she is so right! Hence the lifestyle change, I never went on a diet, I knew I had to cut out carbs but I never choose a diet plan! This is just who I am now!
My goal was to get to a size 13 by June, I passed that, 160 by June, passed! And to run a fun race in 2011. Im doing a 5K in February!
To anyone who questions electrology I say this, find someone you trust, get a good long consultation, talk to others, make sure the outfit is clean and comfortable. Ask to talk to other clients. And then fully enjoy the results of a commited quest. I hear so many ppl say "it doesnt work" I ask what is your schedule for hair removal, they say oh i go 15 minutes every week or two, I just shake my head, read about hair grwoth cycles, you will know why you must jump in with two feet and be dilligent!
Im close to forty and I wish I would have done this ten years ago, but its never to late. Im in the best shape of my life, and I enjoy it all without stubble or a 5 oclock shadow.
The work I do now is mostly on these course white hairs, that let me tell you have grown to at least an inch. I do not spend a lot of time looking at them but when I do, oh goodness! I end up trimming them a bit!!!

Happy Monday!!!

#111470 - 12/31/13 10:51 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
orangecode Offline
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I hope the holidays have been going well.

My long-overdue electrolysis success story post is finally here. As a few of you know, I turned to Hairtell in desperation 4 years ago, when I was at the end of my rope with facial hair. I just could not stop the hair from appearing every single day! Here is a thread where I first described my situation and posted my picture.

Old thread

Here are the before and after pictures. The before picture was taken in December of 2009 while the after picture was taken this morning (December 2013). It took me about 18 months to get to being consistently like I appear in the 'after' picture i.e. by mid-2011, my face has been as depicted in the 'after' picture.

Before:

After (my chin is not swollen - I was smiling so my chin appears bigger):

At the time I first posted (2009), I lived in New Jersey and I started traveling to Buffalo to see James (I think I saw him 2 times for the first clearances), and then I moved to Ohio and would see Dee regularly. The first few clearances with James and Dee involved marathon sessions, mostly because I was traveling from so far away and it would not be economical to only work for an hour. However, after those first 6-8 or so marathon sessions, which sometimes lasted from the morning until the evening (like 10am-4pm or something like that), I saw a dramatic improvement, and the treatments tapered down. I started seeing Dee every 2-3 weeks or so, and the treatments were for 2 hours each time, instead of the marathon sessions we used to have in the beginning. I don’t remember the total number of hours of electrolysis I had in all (Dee probably has the number in her records) but it was well worth the effort.

My chin became really clear after the first few clearances but it took about 6 months before I had the guts to start wearing my hair up. By Month 9, I started letting people get close to me when they talked to me (I used to habitually step back in the past). By the end of 18 months of treatment, I was effectively the same as other women out there – my chin looks wonderfully smooth today.

I see an electrologist here in CT every month or every 6 weeks. We spend maybe 20 minutes on my face, but it’s usually to remove small numbers of fine hairs that I have become obsessed with (yes, you develop an obsession with hair that other people cannot see. Sometimes I tell my electrologist “I can see a hair there!” and she assures me that nobody else but me is looking at my face like that) – the face is perfect now, if I must say so myself. We have moved on to my belly hairs, which are not nearly as bad as my face was, so that also does not require much work. I think the belly and the stragglers on the chest will be done by May.

I can’t even begin to describe the difference this has made. I have not tweezed in years – yes, that’s right: YEARS! I have finally convinced my sister to go for electrolysis.

So if you’re out there worrying about whether or not electrolysis will work for you, if you have the right electrologist and you have the patience to see this through (it took me 9 months to be really confident again and about 18 months to be certain that the hair monster has been slain), and if you have the discipline to stop plucking, electrolysis is a wonderful, wonderful thing!

Good luck,
OrangeCode (Two-years-of-tweezeless-bliss) smile

#111477 - 01/01/14 07:32 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: orangecode]
zarin Offline

It is so nice to hear such success stories. My daughter had gone through a very tough time too with problems related to her pcos condition and hair. Hers is a success story too. It has changed her life. I see a new person in her and she is moving forward with lots of confidence. My advice to everyone is never to give up. End result is always very satisfying.

#111479 - 01/01/14 07:55 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: orangecode]
Lara07 Offline
Major Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story! What awesome work and your skin looks fantastic. This is encouraging for me to see.

#111535 - 01/05/14 04:05 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: orangecode]
orangecode Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: orangecode
Hello everyone,

I hope the holidays have been going well.

My long-overdue electrolysis success story post is finally here. As a few of you know, I turned to Hairtell in desperation 4 years ago, when I was at the end of my rope with facial hair. I just could not stop the hair from appearing every single day! Here is a thread where I first described my situation and posted my picture.

Old thread

Here are the before and after pictures. The before picture was taken in December of 2009 while the after picture was taken this morning (December 2013). It took me about 18 months to get to being consistently like I appear in the 'after' picture i.e. by mid-2011, my face has been as depicted in the 'after' picture.

Before:

After (my chin is not swollen - I was smiling so my chin appears bigger):

Edit: I notice the 'after' image may have disappeared. Well, here it is again, hosted on another site.

http://s29.postimg.org/b72ep3tef/IMG_2165.jpg

At the time I first posted (2009), I lived in New Jersey and I started traveling to Buffalo to see James (I think I saw him 2 times for the first clearances), and then I moved to Ohio and would see Dee regularly. The first few clearances with James and Dee involved marathon sessions, mostly because I was traveling from so far away and it would not be economical to only work for an hour. However, after those first 6-8 or so marathon sessions, which sometimes lasted from the morning until the evening (like 10am-4pm or something like that), I saw a dramatic improvement, and the treatments tapered down. I started seeing Dee every 2-3 weeks or so, and the treatments were for 2 hours each time, instead of the marathon sessions we used to have in the beginning. I don’t remember the total number of hours of electrolysis I had in all (Dee probably has the number in her records) but it was well worth the effort.

My chin became really clear after the first few clearances but it took about 6 months before I had the guts to start wearing my hair up. By Month 9, I started letting people get close to me when they talked to me (I used to habitually step back in the past). By the end of 18 months of treatment, I was effectively the same as other women out there – my chin looks wonderfully smooth today.

I see an electrologist here in CT every month or every 6 weeks. We spend maybe 20 minutes on my face, but it’s usually to remove small numbers of fine hairs that I have become obsessed with (yes, you develop an obsession with hair that other people cannot see. Sometimes I tell my electrologist “I can see a hair there!” and she assures me that nobody else but me is looking at my face like that) – the face is perfect now, if I must say so myself. We have moved on to my belly hairs, which are not nearly as bad as my face was, so that also does not require much work. I think the belly and the stragglers on the chest will be done by May.

I can’t even begin to describe the difference this has made. I have not tweezed in years – yes, that’s right: YEARS! I have finally convinced my sister to go for electrolysis.

So if you’re out there worrying about whether or not electrolysis will work for you, if you have the right electrologist and you have the patience to see this through (it took me 9 months to be really confident again and about 18 months to be certain that the hair monster has been slain), and if you have the discipline to stop plucking, electrolysis is a wonderful, wonderful thing!

Good luck,
OrangeCode (Two-years-of-tweezeless-bliss) smile

#111538 - 01/05/14 07:12 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: orangecode]
Ali1987 Offline
Contributor

Wow! I can't wait for my chin to look like this

#111581 - 01/06/14 12:37 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Ali1987]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I'm sorry I just wanted to reply to one Dee posted above regarding a women shaking her head at someone going for 15 minutes every 2-3 weeks. I currently get around 2-5 hairs around each nipple and on my chin between appointments sometimes it's 5 sometimes it's as little as 2 I tend to see a dark sucker pop up recole in fear and leave them up to 5 days to see if anymore come threw which they normally do then ring to book an electrolysis appointment I pay for 10 minutes every 2.5 - 3 weeks am I doing something wrong? have I got people shaking their heads at me going on this schedule I'm confused by this. I've got an appointment booked on Thursday 9th Jan I last went on 23rd December.

#111584 - 01/06/14 02:03 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Helen1983]
SeanaTG Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: The Great White North eh
Nope you arent doing anything wrong.

Seana

#120042 - 11/26/15 06:04 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
wirelesselec Offline

I am not fully through my treatment yet but I would say I am ninety percent.

I was so worried before starting my treatment. I had pronounced hairs on my neck and stomach - and some smaller long dark hairs around them. This then lead to hairs around my sideburn area and jawline. I tried to keep up with plucking the hairs but inevitably a lot of the time I was walking around with them on show because I couldn't keep up.

My turning point was when a dark thick hair appeared more centrally on my cheek. The other hairs i could cover up more or less with my long hair, or a rollneck top... but this was when I knew I wanted something done.

I wish I had been to electrolysis as soon as the growth started (would have been much cheaper!) because the fact I have been plucking makes the process longer. On areas like the stomach where I didn't pluck treatment has been effective more quickly.

My first session I felt so 'weird' going, didn't tell anyone (still not very open about it), but I am really pleased with the results. For my neck area I still need maybe 5 mins a month but hoping it will all be gone soon.

It seems strange because I can hardly remember how bad I felt about it before - plucking at the mirror for so long.

One negative side effect is that when I first went I just wanted these really obvious ones on my face done.I knew I had other hair I was unhappy with, but it was this that was really causing me problems. However, since the treatment has started I can't help feeling 'maybe I could get this area done.. or this'. It's hard to know where to stop...I have a few hairs on my toes for example which didn't bother me before but I feel like I'm in a spiral of over analysing any hair on my body now!

#120049 - 11/28/15 12:34 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Tina Marie]
TimeForYou Offline
Contributor

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Wirelesselec-I've loss count of how many people start treatments on one area, and then get excited and start electrolysis on something else. I see this often on the face. It starts off on an upper lip....oh and then they see a bit of hair on their cheeks...oh then a bit of hair on their neck etc. Electrolysis is fun :-) it produces amazing results.

Time For You Electrolysis~Ottawa, Ontario
Veronica Allenger CPE
www.timeforyouelectrolysis.com

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis London?
by Lily-May
Today at 06:37 AM
electrolysis on penis
by Greek
Today at 12:12 AM
A lack of planning on your part...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
In need of some feedback
by beate_r
05/24/17 06:09 AM
sore fingers
by beate_r
05/23/17 08:06 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9482
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3082
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod