Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#60059 - 02/20/09 04:01 AM Re: Regrowth charts ***** [Re: Chuck]
newbhairkiller Offline

i dont yet know much about electrolysis, but unfortunately i certainly know plenty about plucking. about 90% of my hairs return in 2 weeks on the dot, not similar hairs around the same area, same actual hairs. had elect. done. 30-40% kill rate. 60% - 70% came back. the majority of those came back in 3 weeks instead of 2. so i had a week of false hope. but that was a great week in my life.

Sponsored Links
#60061 - 02/20/09 04:34 AM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: newbhairkiller]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
You don't understand the electrolysis process. Nothing false about this. Electrolysis works when it is performed correctly, on a good schedule, with a compliant client and and a competent, skilled electrologist. Otherwise, expect failure.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#60077 - 02/20/09 11:44 AM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
What you, and many other people don't understand is that to "try" electrolysis with only one treatment, one would have to take a "Before" picture, do the treatment, take an "After" picture, and then wait a year, and take another "After" picture on the one year anniversary of the treatment. What you see on that day, one year later, would be the proper evaluation of the amount of hair removal you received.

The hair you saw 3 weeks later was just other hairs in nearby follicles coming out on schedule. That's why it takes 9 to 18 months to do this well, depending on the schedule the clients gets treated on, and the skill and speed of the practitioner doing the work. If hair grew like you seem to think it does, you would grow hair during some months, and then it would all fall out and you would be bald for some months. Since hair growth is a scheduled affair with shifting presentations of the same number of hairs being visable at all times, it is deceptive to the uninformed.

#60078 - 02/20/09 12:15 PM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: newbhairkiller]
Aliciadarling Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: newbhairkiller
i dont yet know much about electrolysis, but unfortunately i certainly know plenty about plucking. about 90% of my hairs return in 2 weeks on the dot, not similar hairs around the same area, same actual hairs. had elect. done. 30-40% kill rate. 60% - 70% came back. the majority of those came back in 3 weeks instead of 2. so i had a week of false hope. but that was a great week in my life.

Maybe you should try your hand at chickens or banjos.

You need to give it an actual try on a schedule before you make false
assumptions.

It worked for me, but not after only one or two sessions. It takes
longer as both Deee and James stated.

Alicia

#60091 - 02/21/09 03:28 AM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: Aliciadarling]
newbhairkiller Offline

I made no assumptions. I never said electrolysis doesn't work. I knew nothing about electrolysis, i still don't. i was extremely misinformed by the electrologist. he told me one pass, one time, 90% of hairs would be gone. forever. $1600 after the plane flight and treatment.
NOW I know that it needs to be done on a schedule. That's why I bought the machine to do my own work, I wouldn't have spent 900 bucks if i didn't have faith in electrolysis.
All I am saying is this. i pluck 160 hairs on friday. 2 fridays later, pretty much exactly 160 hairs return. every time. you can't possibly expect me to believe that all theses hairs are new and just happen to be in the exact spot and all come in exactly 2 weeks later?? over and over and over again. i have been plucking these same hairs for 20 years!! believe me i know.
again i must say, i have the upmost respect for all you pros and electrolysis in general, but it doesn't take 6 or 8 weeks for my hair to return after plucking, i wish!! and i'de love to take up the banjo instead, i am doing this to end a 20 year cycle of depression over this problem. didn't mean to offend anyone frown

#60094 - 02/21/09 08:19 AM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: newbhairkiller]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I might be able to answer part of this one (pros, feel free to take me to task if I get this wrong.)

When you pluck, you may end up with some hairs that break off under the skin. Those hairs will continue to grow up and out of the follicle, or in the case of non-anagen hairs will continue to be squeezed out of the follicle (and look like they are growing.)

I know this, because I had the same problem. I used to pluck as much of my beard out as I could (including much of the upper lip sick) and had the exact same problem you have. I pluck an area clean, and in mere days some of the hair is already "back" and there is still some shadow under the skin, indicating hair left under the skin.

#60098 - 02/21/09 01:57 PM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: VickieCNY]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
It has already been pointed out that to see what the value of one treatment would be would require a year to see that.

If one wanted to clear up a hair problem in "one pass", the definition of a pass in electrolysis would be multiple treatments spread out over the course of the growing cycle of the hairs in the treatment area, covering the entire span from start to finish, so that all hairs that ever grow in that area are treated sometime between the time they first present above the skin's surface, and before the hairs go into shedding phase.

It is very difficult for practitioners to explain to the general public what we do, how we do it, and have them understand well enough what they need to do. Above that, the person must trust that what we have told them is correct, long enough to see the proof of what we have said. Often times, we don't get that time, nor enough co-operation to make that happen.

#60139 - 02/23/09 04:02 AM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: James W. Walker VII]
newbhairkiller Offline

1) i am sitting here absolutely amazed. i pluck 160 hairs. 160 hairs come back 2 weeks later. so i wait a week to make sure they're all back. i pluck all of them again. 2 weeks later, 160 hairs are back. they don't break off, i can see the gel around the base. they'de all have to break off to come back with nearly 100% consistancy. my regrowth cycle in this area is 2 weeks. are u saying im the only one in the world who must pluck the same hairs every 2 weeks???? lucky me. well it will be easier to zap them anyway.

2) the so called electrologyst said to me "come for 1 treatment. 4 hours. 90% of your hairs are gone forever" i didn't misunderstand a thing. i was mislead. his place was a mess. he was not a professional. his machine was homemade. i was tricked by a fancy website. i know exactly what u are saying. if he had explained the cycle of hair growth thing, i would have understood it completely. i should have researched before i went. i wish i had gone to a reputable establishment like yours. but either way, it's too expensive for me to travel as many times as would be needed.

#60143 - 02/23/09 01:50 PM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: newbhairkiller]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
It is very important to keep in mind that you have more hair than you think. Tweezing, prior to setting your mind on getting electrolysis, makes this more evident. If you tweeze 100 hairs a day on your chin and there are 7 days in a weeks, then you are tweezing 700 hairs a week. If a hair growth cycle is every 8 weeks, and you are tweezing 700 hairs a week, then you can assume that the chin area has about 5,600 active hair follicles!!!!! That means over the next 9-18 months, we are playing the waiting and punching game. We are waiting for all 5,600 hairs to come to the surface so we can see and punch them. Human hair does not appear at the surface all at the same time. It comes in dribs and drabs, sort of like the drip, drip, drip, drip pattern of a leaky faucet. That's why permanent hair removal takes a minimum of 9 months and a maximum of 18 months to bring full relief.

Hair growth cycles are hard to understand and visualize. Just know that 160 hairs do not come back in two weeks. It is biologically impossible. Mother Nature is a strong opponent, but she doesn't work that fast. What you are seeing are neighboring hair follicles, close to the ones that you tweezed, cycling in.

About your electrologist you say was not a professional. That is why we say go on the hunt for a professional, skilled, competent, modern electrologist. An electrologist has to be a compassionate teacher, be as skilled as a surgeon with the hand eye coordination, have a hygenic office and be a person of hygiene as well. To know what that means, you need to read the electrolysis boards and www.hairfacts.com . You will put it all together and you will have a certain comfort level when you finally choose. People do travel to the better electrologist if they can't find satisfaction close to home. That is a personal decision and sacrifice that one has to come to terms with. I know this is not easy, but many things are not easy, but if you know it is action you have to take for a period of 9-18 months to get something permanent, then it is worth it.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#60174 - 02/24/09 03:12 AM Re: Regrowth charts [Re: dfahey]
newbhairkiller Offline

yes, i wish i had found this site before i made that decision. this is all very informative. well, i give up on my hair cycle argumentLOL, i see i would have to prove it to you. i will say one more thing tho. a couple of my pores have scars from ingrown hair battles. if i tweeze the hair in the scarred pore, and see the root of the hair knowing it didn't break, and there's no other hair around within a 1/8 of an inch or so, that exact hair in that exact scarred pore is back 2 weeks later. i wish i lived closer, i could make a fortune off you in a bet. wink anyway, that aside, thnx for all the info so far, i value your opinion.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 115 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod