Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#92929 - 10/22/11 08:54 PM Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen gave me facial hair... [Re: dfahey]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
All I know is that I was very aware of my routines and keeping an eye out for the side effect of birth control. As soon as it became obvious to me that something was not right (beyond the expected things like nausea), I informed my doctor. In the space of a year, I was put on three different pills, all with different effects.

As far as I'm concerned, Microgynon made my hair grow faster which stopped as soon as I came off it. Yasmin (YAZ) has made my hair grow slower. Why did Cilest cause so much dryness that the other two did not?

Just to go back to ivnn post, I can believe this. I'm south Asian and I'd say every south Asian woman I know who has had an excess hair problem before OCP has found either an increase or decrease depending on which they take.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

Sponsored Links
#92938 - 10/23/11 12:25 AM Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen gave me facial hair... [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
For Radio Therapy who asked another question about whether she can get electrolysis while being on birth control pills? The answer is absolutely YES! Go get this started asap as there are no cautions to heed, it is fine to start. Many of my female clients are on birth control pills if they are under the age of 40.

How many laser treatments did you have on your face? Did you get lased before you went on BCP at the end of summer 2010? Perhaps you are a victim of laser induced hair growth. You say it came up suddenly. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#93107 - 10/29/11 04:05 AM Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen gave me facial hair... [Re: dfahey]
RadioTherapy Offline
Contributor

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll definitely look into Yasmin and other nonhormonal methods.
smile

And dfahey, I had my first laser treatment after the hair growth first appeared (I had three treatments total before I stopped), but I definitely think it made the growth worse (it was like peach fuzz before).

Edited by RadioTherapy (10/29/11 04:07 AM)

#94616 - 12/19/11 05:56 AM Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen gave me facial hair... [Re: RadioTherapy]
Sasha123 Offline

Hi, I have been taking tri cyclen lo since june now. I always had some extra facial hair for which i was getting a laser treatment done and had superb results but since i started taking this evil pill my facial hair not only grew back but i have noticed horrible long hair on my neck which is very unsual. I am getting off the pill and would highly recommend anyone having same problems to do that too....if you have any doubts that the pill might not be causing it then please dont cuz i have been telling my doctors that and no one believes it but i have experienced it and i know how bad it feels

#102354 - 11/07/12 03:36 AM Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen gave me facial hair... [Re: dfahey]
EvaPro Offline
Contributor

Is the facial hair bad enough to want to stop taking a very effective birth control method? Do you have any other side effects? If not, you might be able to tolerate a bit more fuzz. If you have other bothersome side effects, I'd also suggest a non-hormonal method.

#105840 - 04/01/13 05:06 PM Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen gave me facial hair... [Re: EvaPro]
CareBearhair Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: B.C. canada
this is an older post but for someone else out there who has similar ?'s as OP, yrs ago I went on ortho tri cyclen and I recall it stated it may reduce or increase hair growth. But I'm sure all BC pills state that it may increase/reduce hair growth in the information write up?? I think the only non-hormonal BC methods are the copper IUD, diaphragm and condoms.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by beate_r
10:05 AM
Ripped Off?
by beate_r
04:59 AM
Laser Hair Removal on Happy Trail
by cbarr
01:13 PM
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
01:57 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod