Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126046 - 03/18/18 08:54 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Interesting! Never heard of diaper rash cream being used for this. Question...does it have to be "bepanthen" cream or can it be any cream for diaper rash like Desitin, A&D, etc? It looks like bepanthen is found in the UK and/or Oz and I'm in the US.

Thread Sponsors
#126048 - 03/18/18 11:17 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Bepanthen is sold on Amazon $10 per tube, it ships to U.S.
If scabbing is main concern, I found that Cetaphil with same protocol achieves similar results, but Bepanthen has more soothing properties which helps with irritation and swelling as well.

#126050 - 03/18/18 07:41 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

I should give that a try! I had never heard of it before (and I’m a mom to three) but that’s because it doesn’t sell in the US. I see I can order some online though, it doesn’t seem like we have an American version. All our diaper rash creams seem to be zinc oxide.

#126053 - 03/19/18 06:58 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm pretty sure that other diaper rash creams would work similarly. They all have ingredients to control irritation and inflammation of skin. Extra moisturizing factor in baby rash creams minimizes scab formation where it slides off the skin easily without picking. "Zinc oxide topical (for the skin) is used to treat diaper rash, minor burns, severely chapped skin, or other minor skin irritations."

#126254 - 04/16/18 02:15 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
Caroline.CZ Offline

Hi, I would like to add my little experience and ask how serious damage this is. First a little background. I had electrolysis session about 2 months ago. It was done on my chin with device called Sinepil which if I am not mistaken uses blend. I dont know the exact setting used on me but it had to be extremely high. I also had prior laser which I read that might also make matters worse.

I was left with scabs. This wouldnt be the worst part, it can happen sometime, I know. What worries me is the healing process. I did everything in my power to not mess up the after care. I left the scabs alone, I wasched my face and applied antibiotic cream etc.

The result after 2 months is horrible. I was left with what I can only describe as hyperigmentation and some of the bigger spots are bit caved in. I really hope it doesnt leave permanent scaring, but I fear it will. The hyperpigmentation seems to be fading really slowly. I use 30spf makeup to cover it so it should be well protected against UV. I am treating it with anti scaring silicone gell called Strataderm so I hope it will help too.

Sorry about the quality of the picture I was unable to focus it better.

My question is simple. What is the opinion on this? Is this going to leave the scaring as I think or it might resolve? I am also worried about the hyperpigmentation being permanent which I hope is not since I have really hard time covering it with makeup. Is there any way to repair this kind of damage? CO2 Laser, chemical peels, etc...?

Needles to say I switched the electrologist imediately and so far nothing like this happened. I am "lucky" I had only one test session. The unlucky part is that the electrologist that did this was really fast and made a lot of damage in just one session.

#126255 - 04/16/18 06:34 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Caroline.CZ]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I've had terrible electro done on me on my first session too. I'll tell you what happened to me as I believe our damage might be similar. Ok good news: the colour will be back to normal in a few months. Bad news: the ''caved in'' part might not.

This is what I looked like a month after the treatment, still some redness: https://imgur.com/a/TrUDS

5 months in, the redness had faded away but the ''craters'' remained: https://imgur.com/a/5236g

I've had Dermapen treatments (micro-needling) after which worked a little bit, but I'm not quite convinced time itself wouldn't have done the same. The skin has amazing healing abilities! By ''worked'', I mean it seemed to have lessened them, but not completely remove them.

I could've had laser treatments too, but decided it wasn't worth it for me. I've talked to someone here whom had it done after several years past her electro damage and she says it has helped tremendously.

*Beware, ranty part*

Unpopular opinion but until someone proves me wrong (not based on hearsay), I'm convinced that laser, needling, chemical peels, dermabrasion and all those cosmetic repair procedures do the same thing, and you can easily replicate the effect at home without paying a hefty price. They either scrape (chemical peels, dermabrasion and to a certain extent laser) or pierce/remove (laser, needling) the skin. Only the degree of damage (because it damages the skin so it can heal itself back) varies between intensity and methods, but they all do the same thing!

I've conducted my own little personal research at home on this (still ongoing) so if anyone wants to come for me, you better have done yours too. I find the cosmetic dermatology field so vague that I can never find the truth anywhere, even the professionals/experts have different opinions...

*Ok, rant over lol*

I prefer my ''prepare for the worst'' approach so I'm not going to tell you that your damage isn't permanent, because chances are even if it isn't, you'll still see some imperfections.

Truth is, your brain will probably worry about this for a while (a year and a half for me), but after this, it too will ''heal'' and you won't have that nagging feeling of despair when looking at the damage, if you still see it.

Anyway, it's a bit difficult to judge based on your picture, try taking a few clearer ones with different angles near a window, if you don't mind.

#126257 - 04/16/18 09:15 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: zapmyface]
Caroline.CZ Offline

Hi, thanks for reply. Yep you are right. I will try to take better picture in the daylight. This was taken before putting on makeup in the bathroom, so it is bad quality and lighting.

Our results look simillar for which I am sorry. I know what a pain it is. Good news is that it will fade in time. It is hell. I have to use heavy makeup on the chin and than it looks ok. Scars are scarry, but if laser works I can deal with the fact that i got mutilated. I also have some acne scaring on my nose and chin so it will be done in one blast after jawline surgery. That is why I got test run on the chin. I hope It will help the skin to heal the scaring and also help with the possibility of bit loser skin after the surgery by making it tighter when resurfaced with new collagen.

I still hope for the best but it really doesnt hurt to prepare for the worst.

#126258 - 04/16/18 09:39 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Caroline.CZ]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Have you thought about confronting the electrologist that did this to you? I know it's quite early in your healing process but still, talking to the person might be a good idea for starters.

#126263 - 04/16/18 01:27 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: zapmyface]
Caroline.CZ Offline

Well, she said that the scabs are normal and didn't see anything wrong with that which tells me that she is a bad electrologist. If this is normal to her, then I really feel for those people, that she also treated.

When I switched to new electrologist, which is great by the way, she said, that the damage might be permanent but gave me a cream for it in the hope it might fix it. After the second electrologist treatment, I had no regrowth what so ever and no scabs or dots left, which to me seems like a job well done. It also tells me a lot about the first electrologist that did this, was really bad choice and doesn't know her stuff.

I don't give people second chance to screw me especially when it is or might be permanent.

Edited by Caroline.CZ (04/16/18 01:31 PM)

#126265 - 04/16/18 02:04 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Have you done electro on the area after the damage or it's really just once and never touched thereafter?

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Feeling Sad
by MelB77
04:48 AM
Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached
by zapmyface
02:49 AM
Excessive Lymph During Treatment?
by Julie Jacob
11:30 PM
Blanching
by dimi
03:39 PM
Old dudes ...
by Josefa M. Reina
12:46 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9672
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3405
Who's Online
1 registered (Marianne), 95 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod