Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#93772 - 11/23/11 04:18 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello!

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with a picture right now but in two weeks time when I get my camera.

I wouldn't say my healing process in long, most wounds heal fast and without any complications..

I have started using teatree oil on these areas daily and added some aloe vera gel. Is is it a good choice of should I just simply moisture?

Thank you!

Thread Sponsors
#93775 - 11/23/11 04:55 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: udujoove]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Hi udujoove, for some people, these pigmentation marks can last many, many months. I am sure they will fade.

Tea tree oil is really for use as an antibacterial straight after treatment. Aloe vera as a protective layer.

At this stage, you will benefit from some good quality rosehip oil. This has worked wonders for my sister and myself to fade pigmentation. Rubbed into the areas twice daily. There is also a thread for it on these forums.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#93789 - 11/23/11 11:35 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Helping Jossie here:

Doing a young woman's legs (top of leg density was much more). Here you see the untreated hair, the immediate edema from treatment a few minutes ago, and crusts from a few days ago. (These are the crusts I want to see!)

I'm using manual blend, One-second for epilation time, tapered CM needle and 2-handed technique. (Not needing to stop and switch to a tweezer saves time).

Total time (one leg) for the first clearing was just under 4 hours.

#93790 - 11/23/11 11:46 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Also, this beautiful young woman has done a lot of electrolysis with me so I reduced her rate to $50 per hour for the legs. I gave her an estimate of 25 hours for the legs and so her total treatment fee will be $1,250. (I'll let you know how close my estimate was.)

#93839 - 11/26/11 09:38 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Michael Bono]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Since I read your book for the first time, I sensed that speed, the absence of pain, the proper repair of the skin, and the best results were your peak in each of your treatments. You were a visionary of the XXI century Electrology, Michael. And I try to follow the trail you leave behind.

I have always believed that your time should be devoted exclusively to teaching, writing, and enlighten the new generation of electrologists in the world. I hope someday to see all your work together on a website dedicated exclusively to the world of Electrology, meanwhile, we continue to enjoy here the pearls of your wisdom and experience. Thank you.

Another temporary side effect: The itch.

Michael did a small exhibition in Hairtell. These were his words about it:

"Itching is a very natural part of the healing process as histamine is released to produce the miracle of healing. The itching is noticed quickly as the mast cells release their "chemical mediators." Some patients are more sensitive, but, yes, this is most common."

The itching occurs at times during the session, immediately after the session, or when the small scabs are about to fall.
Calamine lotion, Aloe Vera, or any substance topical antihistamine will help calm this side effect.

Edited by depilacionelectr (11/26/11 09:58 PM)

#93840 - 11/26/11 10:04 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for your kind remarks Jossie. I have always wanted a place where all electrologists could "showcase" their work and techniques. At AEA meetings I would always think: "Why am I listening to this speaker talk about some unrelated topic, when everything I want to know about the field is sitting right here in the room."

#94905 - 01/05/12 03:24 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Michael Bono]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Before electrolysis session on upper and lower lip prior to 6th session. Started upper lip in August, 2011.

After treatment, swelling and pinkness.

Insertions: 1,547. Time: 112 minutes Used an insulated 3 probe with PicoFlash thermolysis. Lip program level 2 with variations on the timing side as needed. No anesthetic, help needed.

Client never complains of scabbing. Swelling is the main side effect and disappears in 24- 36 hours. Enlarge with an iPad, if you use one, to see the hundreds of tiny black hairs that cover the openings at the nostrils. Sorry, I don't have a before picture, but trust me, this client is looking 50% better!

Can anyone take a guess as to what might be happening to my camera? The dates are screwy. I saw this client on December 19th and took pictures within two hours of each other. The date and time stamp makes no sense on the before picture.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#95116 - 01/15/12 12:26 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

A magnificent work Dee!
Given that we all know that this is one of the areas most difficult and vulnerable, this is really ADMIRABLE.

(About the number of insertions which shows the machine, I have a question for you, I'll open a thread in the section of pros.)

#95118 - 01/15/12 01:11 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
Caith721 Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Charlotte, NC, US
Dee, it looks like the time on your camera is the issue. The first picture is 11:09 pm, while the second picture is 01:01 am the following day. Correct the time setting and I think you'll be good.

#95823 - 02/12/12 03:37 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Caith721]
sn123 Offline

These photos are extremely helpful. I have a q regarding a side effect.
I have olive skin tone with fine hair on my cheeks. I did get scabs on my cheeks, after my initial consultation for 5 min. In the next 30 min session, the electrologist reduced the current( correct term?) on the apilus machine and went at a slower pace. I still got black scabs which have all gone but the area is bumpy and darker. I don't see photos of what I am talking about. Not obvious big bumps, but the texture of the skin is different.Can someone tell me what causes the bumpiness and what will make it go away? What else can the electrologist do for me to not get scabs or the hyperpigmentation? And how long does this kind of hyperpigmentation last?
I finally got around to doing electrolysis and now all these side effects worry me.Thanks a lot for your time.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by James W. Walker VII
Yesterday at 12:20 PM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:44 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
11/17/17 09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
11/17/17 07:26 AM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod