Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#95825 - 02/12/12 03:42 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: sn123]
sn123 Offline

sorry for the double post. I thought my post did not go through but I just realized that both are different threads with almost similar titles.

Thread Sponsors
#97641 - 04/08/12 01:38 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: depilacionelectr
Thank you Christine.
Dee is the promoter of this idea. Pictures "after" of all these cases will be exhibited at the end of this thread. Knowing the whole process will help reassure users of Electrolysis.

HYPOPIGMENTATION, SEBACEOUS PAPULES

This side effect is common in tanned skin, just after the summer. The white dots show the original color of the skin.
The rest of the skin will recover homogeneity when the tan is gone, or when the individual returns to submit to sunbathing. This should NEVER occur before the healing process is complete, otherwise the effect could be the opposite,ie, HYPERPIGMENTATION.

Do you remember the example of hypopigmentation?
It was the back of a man. This is another view of photos taken in October and November 2011.

Well, this is the appearance of the area several months later, in March 2012.

As you can see the hypopigmentation is gone along with most of the hairs. The photos that I usually put "before and after", serve to show the results of Electrolysis, however, as our friend Stoppit says well (thanks for reminding me) there is a ¿difficult? process in the medium. Temporary, but true.

Before:

After 5 months from first clearance:

#97643 - 04/08/12 02:04 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Do you remember this example of scabs?

It was the lower back of another man.

Between the two pictures has been a year.
Speak and show of the temporary side effects with Electrolysis does not make sense if you do not show they are just that, TEMPORARY!

#97644 - 04/08/12 03:04 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Great reassurance pictures for some of our apprehensive clients, J.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#97654 - 04/08/12 01:00 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
justsomegirl Offline
Contributor

Thank you for the updates!

#97655 - 04/08/12 01:52 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: justsomegirl]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Josefa, those pics are so wonderful.

There are some people who get crazy with worry when they see a red spot.

Your photos will put them at ease.

Here in the USA, it is not so easy to get people to sign releases allowing us to post their photos.

Most appreciative.

#97665 - 04/08/12 04:59 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have found this to be true, as well. Some don't even want a before picture. They wave me off with just the mere suggestion.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#97669 - 04/08/12 06:13 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Thank you ladies!

Curiously, Arlene and Dee, social networks are full of pictures where you can know the location and the private details of many of these people who refuse to be photographed by a professional that will keep your identity data in the utmost secrecy (unless otherwise authorized by the client as the case of Trevor).

A photo of a particular area of the body or face does not reveal the identity of the person. Unless there is a birthmark or a tattoo that allows it to be recognized, in which case, this can be blocked or pixilated. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Take a picture of before is more important than one can imagine, how many times the professional is being blamed for scars that existed before starting treatment? until now, none of my clients has refused to be photographed, if so, I would consider accepting the case. I consider that so important document in the clinical history the location of the scars and the density of hairs "before" such as endocrine disorders diagnosed by hormone tests.
If they allow it, I share the photos, if not, I abstain.

#97673 - 04/08/12 07:53 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

This is one of those cases that surprise you pleasantly.

Women of Indian origin + electrolysis in areas close to mucosal skin + deeply rooted in anagen = much higher chance of developing temporary hyperpigmentation. Well, nop laugh . Almost nothing.

In black circle: test patch area.

However there were large sebaceous papules. I pulled one of them, and just looks like a "beautiful pearl", as Michael Bono has defined. It's amazing ability of this man to give everything its name and find the perfect simile.

#97679 - 04/08/12 11:19 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
nesense Offline
Contributor

Loc: Houston, TX
Hi Jossie,

What do you mean by mucosal skin? And how long does it take for the hyperpigmentation to show up?

I am of Indian origin and had 15 hours of perfect electrolysis treatment that finished less than 24 hours ago. My electrolygist did say I might get temporary hyperpigmentation, but I haven't seen anything like that. I got electrolysis on my arms, underarms and face done for the first time.

I hardly have any scabbing on my face, and some red dots on my arms and hands. My hands were extremely dry to begin with and I think I may have dried out the area by using too much tea tree oil and now were burning a little when I put them under warm water. My electrolygist gave me Aquaphor to reduce the dryness, and it has considerably reduced the burning sensation. Other than that no side-effects other than hair-free skin, thanks to my wonderful electrolygist.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
Today at 09:16 AM
Any comments about Cabelo Electrolysis in Canada?
by Ton
Today at 04:50 AM
Any microscope-assisted in Bristol or SW England?
by Ton
Today at 04:46 AM
Magnification, the ultimate question....
by beate_r
Today at 04:23 AM
Beard Electrolysis
by adamj95
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
1 registered (LRN), 106 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod