Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#97680 - 04/09/12 12:18 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: nesense]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

What do you mean by mucosal skin? And how long does it take for the hyperpigmentation to show up?

Approximately one month later. Mucosal skin is a skin that has no keratin layer as, nostrils, genitalia lips, anus, scrotum, etc.. In this case it is the pubic region.

Maybe you're lucky and you are one of the few who do not have this side effect. In any case, rest assured that always, ALWAYS disappears.

Thread Sponsors
#97686 - 04/09/12 10:37 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
nesense Offline
Contributor

Loc: Houston, TX
Hi Jossie,

Thanks for your reply. Why would it take one month to show up and not immediately after the treatment in 2-3 days.

Also how often do you see hyperpigmentation on the upperlip and hands of women of indian origin?And how long does it take to show up?

Thanks.

#97687 - 04/09/12 10:55 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: nesense]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
nesense - sorry to butt in (as usual).

Let me tell you about me and my sister as we are both of Indian origin. If this means anything in MAC our skin colours are NC30 and NC40/42.

I had Blend with an electrologist in London and fairly short treatments, for example, upper lip was never more than 20-25mins and spread out over the area. So no scabbing, no PIH.

My sister had a marathon upper lip session with Josefa of 2 hours (so thermolysis). Josefa was very careful and also utlised the Laurier probe. Very minimal scabbing and I don't recall any PIH.

We both had our hands and fingers treated by Josefa. Body work is much more prone to scabbing, so we had quite a lot of scabs and when they dropped off, PIH marks in some places...we only would get PIH where there had been scabs. Moreso on the fingers than the hands. My sister also had her arms treated a very little bit. You can see the photo and the PIH in the thread linked in my sig.

By far my worst areas for scabbing and then PIH were actually the neck and the middle of the chest... did quite a bit of with with Josefa (neck pics in the sig).

Having been through it, I don't find it a big deal. One of my friend's started with my local electro in Dec (well, 2 did) for her jaw and under chin. Anyway, she was really worried about how she will manage with skin issues. It turned out blend made her feel sick so the electrologist is primarily using thermolysis (on a SX-B, not a 'modern' epilator with it's new modes). So she gets some scabbing and then PIH. Surprisingly, she is okay with it because over the last few months, less and less hair is appearing on a weekly basis, she is not feeling like reaching for the tweezers. Having seen mine at its worst point (which was also a lot worse than anything she is dealing with, because I had so many hours of work) and having seen it heal, it's not something she worries about.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#97689 - 04/09/12 01:01 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Stopit&tidyup, your above post indicates that even with the finest tools and equipment in the hands of the best electrologists administering thermolysis, you might still have some scabbing and PIH.

One thing that you did mention was that your sister did not have any scabbing or PIH after her blend treatments. It was not because insertions were spread out on the upper lip that there was no scabbing or PIH. When blend is administered properly there is hardly any noticeable surface tissue reaction once the initial swelling has subsided. Blend is still ideal for those who might have their picture taken by the paparazzi, at any given moment unexpectantly.

#97690 - 04/09/12 01:45 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hi Arlene,

I was the one having blend treatments on my upper lip. My sister had thermolysis with the Apilus Platinum (2 hrs straight) and did not develop any noticing scabbing or then PIH either.
My point here was that for us, scabbing and PIH was more to do with body area.

I imagine if I had 2hrs of continuous blend, I would not have recovered so quickly (i.e. by the next day the swelling and redness had subsided). In fact, I doubt my electrologist would have agreed to treat it for more than 30 mins at one time anyway.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#97692 - 04/09/12 03:56 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
nesense Offline
Contributor

Loc: Houston, TX
Hi Arlene,

Why do you recommend blend for minimal skin reaction ? Also, how often have you seen hyperpigmentation on the upperlip, face, hands, underarms of people of Indian origin?

As of right now, I have close to zero skin reaction, 2-3 days after 15 hours of electrolysis treatment. 2 hours on upperlip, 1 hour on face, 3 hours on underarms, rest on arms and hands.

Stoppitandtidyup - thanks for your response, how soon after your treatment did you notice the hyperpigmentation on your neck? I've very tiny tiny pin point scabs on my face and upperlip, maybe around 10. My electrologist said I might get hyperpigmentation, but I don't think so, and wanted a general idea from the experiences of other electrologists.

Thanks.

#97693 - 04/09/12 04:28 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: nesense]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I would like to add that I had a little blend on my chest and toes too - scabbing and PIH as expected!

Really, I think body area is a big factor in this.

nesense: Please see the last page photos in my sister's diary in my sig. I had PIH where-ever I had a lot of scabbing and it was there when the scabs dropped off. It turned darker before it started fading. The kind of hairs being treated were also a big factor for me, in regards to my neck.

#97707 - 04/09/12 08:33 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
nesence,

You ask about my experience with Indian people?
Well, afterall, my office is located in Queens, NYC.
A lot!
For populations that experience PIH, I suggest icing the area for about 5 minutes immediately after treatment. Clients say it makes a difference. Try that and see what happens.

#97887 - 04/15/12 03:53 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: sn123]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: India
I want have some expert advice...I am getting electrolysis on face for some fine black hairs and white hairs on my face.mY ELECTROLOGIST is using thermolysis method.After the procedure,I see very tiny scabs barely noticebaleafter one day which usually falls in 4-5 days and the skin is back to normal.Is it a normal reaction or I have to worry about it. frown

#97888 - 04/15/12 05:15 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: madhu]
Caith721 Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Charlotte, NC, US
Madhu, that sounds like a completely normal reaction to me.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis + IPL? (when IPL caused hair growth)
by sunshine27
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Beard Electrolysis
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 06:06 PM
PCOS-Hirsuitism and its cocktail
by The Dowager
03/24/17 04:12 PM
Find an electrologist in East Anglia
by h56ty
03/23/17 11:56 AM
How to find an electrologist in your area
by smac
03/22/17 08:28 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9438
James W. Walker VII 8023
Andrea 4145
Michael Bono 3051
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod