Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#97889 - 04/15/12 05:45 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Caith721]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: India
Thanks cathi...........

Thread Sponsors
#98784 - 05/22/12 12:40 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
LIJ Offline

I am having electrolysis on my face for the 2nd time, though the first go round was 20 years ago. This time I am having a terrible time with breakouts around my chin line. Not small pimples or white heads but big, inflamed cystic pimples. I rarely get any pimples at all and am struggling to deal with them. Is this a normal reaction to electrolysis? I didn't breakout much, if at all, the last time I had it done. is it something my electrologist is doing or not doing?

Thanks

#98786 - 05/22/12 01:42 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: LIJ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
No, this is not a usual side effect with electrolysis. What did your electrologist think about this when you asked her?

Did she give you aftercare instructions? If so, what was her advice? Are you seeing full hair structures when the hair is lifted out? Ask her to see some hairs. She can't show you every hair she removes, of course, but maybe it will give some indication if you are not seeing full structures, complete with root sheaths. If part of the hair structure is left behind, that can induce the inflammatory response and infection may follow.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#99089 - 06/01/12 06:17 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Dfahey...I had few queries.I am getting thermolysis modality done on my face..After The procedure...my chin area and lip area does not scab but neck,sideburns do scab...most of them are very tiny scabs visible only on close inspection...a few are a little larger ...although its my second session and first session didnt cause any damage to my skin.Now the question is--Is scabbing always there on these areas specially after thermolysis?Is it a normal part of my defence?My electrologist is very skill...I saw all the hairs removed...I saw their roots and sheath too...I never felt plucking.

#99240 - 06/06/12 12:34 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: madhu]
smurf Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London
Madhu,

More or less. As long as it's not over-treatment, you should hopefully see results. Initially, I had a lot of redness, swelling & scabbing (these last two took a week to get reduce to 'acceptable'/normal appearance). In subsequent treatments in the same areas, the reaction hasn't been as severe - only a bit of redness and the smallest amount of swelling (not noticeable enough for other people to think you've had anything other than an eyebrow wax).

#99718 - 06/27/12 07:29 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: smurf]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

Hi everybody...yesterday i had electrolysis neck and i noticed a circular bruise like area...is it normal or I have to worry ...i am really scared...

#99719 - 06/27/12 11:59 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: madhu]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

hi everybody...today i got second clearance of my face ...it took total of 3.5 hours...yup it includes a few minutes of talk with my electrologist...my pics are here;
LEFT SIDE OF FACE;

RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE;

the scabs on my left side of neck are little bigger in size...the hairs there were very fine and shallow i think so.Yup i am little worried about the bruise in center of neck...but my
electrologist said it will subside of its soon and nothing serious.

Edited by madhu (06/27/12 12:00 PM)

#99763 - 06/27/12 11:43 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Caith721]
orangecode Offline
Contributor

I am not a regular poster on here these days, but I have had a lot of electrolysis done on my face, and in every case, I've been able to go to work the next day. The scabs I have developed have been mostly on my abdomen - and I don't touch them or itch them or scratch them (they will fall off on their own), and I apply aftercare solutions (in my case tea tree oil and aloe vera, and I followed my electrologist's recommendations).

There have been great pictures posted of what a "normal" reaction might look like and what overtreatment might look like. In reality, it will vary from one person to the next. Know your own "normal".

If you go to a new electrologist and you look like a dalmatian the following day, it may be that you've been overtreated - you can post pictures here for expert eyes to see.

Whatever you do, make sure there is constant feedback between you and your electrologist - you must show her (or him) any pictures of abnormal scabs right away (don't wait on it!) and (if necessary) adjust treatment accordingly. In some cases, it may just be your body's natural reaction, but I have seen some pictures where it might be too much treatment energy. When I finished my very first 4-hour session, I sent a panicked e-mail (complete with pictures) to my electrologist because I got some scabs - not large ones, but they were certainly there.

Be vigilant. If you've had many sessions without incident and you suddenly develop some odd reaction, don't let it go away. A few months ago, after many sessions without any incident, I had one big "scab" on my chin. It looked like a pus-filled wound. I noticed it because I was paying attention to the skin's reaction. It turns out it was a big ingrown that eventually came out. More than anything else, you should keep in mind that many people out there are having (and have had) electrolysis without having to wear a burqa the next day.

I am now convinced more than ever that if I have been able to remove the tough, banana-shaped hairs that I had with my skin emerging more-or-less intact, then you, too, should not have to resemble a dalmatian just because you're getting electrolysis.

Good luck!

#99783 - 06/28/12 04:26 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: orangecode]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

thanks orangecode..

#99784 - 06/28/12 04:31 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: madhu]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

I went to my job immediately after electrolysis...and regularly going...scabs are pinpoint.....my skin reacts to electrolysis in this way only...forming scabs which eventually shed by 7 day app.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis Damage - What Is This?
by beate_r
Today at 03:43 AM
Zeiss Opmi 99 for sale. Impeccable condition.
by dfahey
Today at 12:21 AM
Proper usage of Uniprobe Lite
by CarlyH
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Diary of a hairy girl - electrolysis. Pics
by Thecreme
Yesterday at 06:41 AM
Kalo comments from Hairfacts
by Andrea
Yesterday at 04:26 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9542
James W. Walker VII 8036
Andrea 4148
Michael Bono 3100
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod