Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#107543 - 06/16/13 01:24 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: LostComplex]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Don't "sweat it!" This "S.I.M.P.L.E." is simply a "trade name" for something LOTS of us do all the time ... sometimes, or whenever the situation "calls for it."

(I get it, but don't "get" the "LED" part? There is no LED used in an HF treatment ... is there? I mean: Light Emitting Diode.)

The name was initiated by Suzanne Anderer (if I'm correct), and simply means that the needle it positioned up-and-down, or down-and-up in the follicle. Nothing "new" about it (it was simultaneously "invented" by MANY electrologists; it's just what we do) ... Indeed, this term is just a means to make "what you do" seem new or to make you stand out in the crowd.

I'm not a big fan of trade names that don't actually INFORM or truly educate the public ... but mostly try to "razzle dazzle" them. Bad show, really; just unnecessary confusion.

It's a fine technique ... Please don't give it a second thought! It's seriously not worth it.

"A rose by any other name ... " Well, you know.

Thread Sponsors
#107563 - 06/17/13 03:45 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
Anonymous Offline

Major Contributor

Hi! Is it bad if you don't get the kind of reaction in the pictures here? Does that reduce your chances that it's being effective?

I just started facial electrolysis and got some bumps that look a little bit like some of the lower pictures of Edema -- except not nearly as noticeable.

It has been a few weeks since my first treatment, though, and the hair hasn't grown back yet from that first treatment. (It would normally grow back by now if I had simply plucked.) So the fact that that area is still bare except for a few new sprouts that were in the wrong phase (weren't there) when we did it makes me hopeful!

But I'm wondering if the mildness of my bumps is an indication of not enough electrical current? The area is a bit tender to the touch. But the pimply things are so faint that I'm not even covering them with makeup (I don't think anyone will notice them.) And it's only been two days since my second treatment ....

I've read some posts that scabs are a positive sign and such. Is it unusual and/or a sign of less effective electrolysis if you don't have much reaction?

#107565 - 06/17/13 04:44 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Anonymous]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I don't believe in the thinking that scabs are a positive sign that you had a better treatment. In fact, I will say it is hogwash! I wanted to say a much worse word than hogwash, but no need for being crude to express my insistence that scabbing is not a requirement for disabling a hair follicle. I do everything I can, not scab a persons face because the physical appearance of scabbing can be as bad as having the hair. It scares people and can affect their self-esteem to have a lot of facial scabbing.

If you get a few pin point size scabs, don't obsess about it. It's okay. They will go away naturally. Do not pick them.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#108796 - 09/03/13 01:56 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Examples of what Pustules look like:

These go away quickly. Dabs of tea tree oil will dissolve these or may prevent them. A warm shower or a warm compress will help them disappear, too.

Tell your electrologist if you develop these for further advice or they may want to adjust treatment energy next visit? Better yet, take a picture and show her/him.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#109198 - 09/18/13 10:27 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: ]
Poohbrmi Offline
Contributor

I want to thank you guys for posting these pics. It really helps me to know what to look for as 'normal' post treatment effects and to get a feel for possible 'abnormal' effects due to allergic reactions or reactions from treatment. And as long as I'm calm and relaxed about a post treatment effect, my clients have faith in me enough to be relaxed by my 'it's fine, just give it some time and the .... will subside' calm encouraging words.

#111341 - 12/22/13 11:01 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Poohbrmi]
tiredofhair123 Offline
Contributor

Loc: England
Can shaving the face ever stimulate hair growth? This is what I've been told recently by my elec.

Electrolysis: 31 hours on chin/neck between 16-09-13-05/05/13. Some reduction but still a way to go.

#111345 - 12/23/13 01:57 AM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: tiredofhair123]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

No, it cannot.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#112914 - 03/14/14 02:48 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: sn123]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

HYPERPIGMENTATION

READ THIS :

Posted by Michael Bono on 3/14/2014:

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/112913.html#Post112913
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#113861 - 05/21/14 06:45 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: dfahey]
Sarah321 Offline

Hi,

2 weeks ago the area under my nose above my lip has been treated with electrolysis. I had some swelling but that went away.
My skin is still red, like in the above picture (except I don't have those "pustules"). The skin has no scabs or dents for a lack of words, the skin just looks red. It are not pinpoint red points but it's spread out over the skin.
I use aloe vera but I wonder why and when I can expect the skin colour to return to normal?

#114302 - 07/04/14 07:19 PM Re: TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS [Re: Sarah321]
lele Offline
Contributor

Loc: uk
thanks for posting these pictures, it's great to refer to and know what's expected or possible, helps a lot smile

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Need help purchasing an electrolysis machine
by Ruz
Today at 12:11 AM
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by Kate Blue
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Question on current and plucking sensation
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:13 PM
Help to choose a machine
by Iluv2zap
11/22/17 08:38 PM
Orlando area electrolysis recommendation
by jae05e
11/22/17 04:13 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9607
James W. Walker VII 8048
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3168
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod