Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#93659 - 11/18/11 03:45 PM eyebrows plucking ???
lil.D Offline
Major Contributor

I have a tendency to pluck my eyebrows using my fingers. Will this cause the regrowth hair to be thicker , thinner or no regrowth at all ?

I don't understand when some say that plucking chin or upper lip hair cause the hair to grow thicker and darker while not in the eyebrows. What is the difference ? Can somebody tell me why ?

Sponsored Links
#93664 - 11/18/11 09:18 PM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: lil.D]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Plucking eyebrows repeatedly can result in thinner hair or no growth of certain hairs if scar tissue develops. The eyebrow tissue area is very delicate, unlike the brute chin area. Scar tissue has no blood supply, thus, hair won't grow. Many women have over tweezed their brows so much and incorrectly that now they can't grow any eyebrows. I get so frustrated and a little terrified when a client asks me to do her eyebrows and when I look at them closely, I have NOTHING TO WORK WITH. They have tweezed the top arches away. They have tweezed away the ends and they have taken the beginning of their brows to the middle of their brow.

The chin area is different. The blood supply is better and the better blood supply bathes the area with male hormone, resulting in super-sized hairs in SOME women.

You bring up a very important subject that I am not sure has ever been resolved with good studies. Do any of our colleagues here on hairtell or beyond, know of any studies that prove that repeated tweezing or waxing on the face can cause hair to grow sturdier or is this an observational conclusions only?
Where's the proof?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#93678 - 11/19/11 11:47 AM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: dfahey]
lil.D Offline
Major Contributor

Thanks that was informative but I still don't get it. There is blood supply for eyebrows as well. I read some people experienced darker and thicker regrowth in their eyebrows after plucking but I am not sure if this is true or just there imagination ?

Do you have any articles regarding this ? I will really help me.

#93680 - 11/19/11 01:02 PM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: lil.D]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

The problem at the time of making such a study is to determine the true cause of the thickening in the caliber of the hair. How can we be sure that the cause was not the pass of the time? People tend to believe that we are responsible for all changes that occur in our body. Nothing is further from the truth. One of the myths that circulate in my culture (and probably beyond here) is to think that if you pluck one of the first gray hairs that appear in your head, you will see 7 more. Any explanation is better than accepting the fact that this is a sign of aging.

In any case, every time you pluck a hair, you are resetting the cycle of the follicle. The follicle is affected because you are altering its natural course. Have you seen that sometimes a small drop of blood appears on the surface of the skin when you extract it to your hair? Well, somehow you're doing a tiny lesion in the wall of the follicle. This damage is not enough to stop production of the hair, but it is sufficient to stimulate blood circulation, and our skin sends help to repair the damage generated. This will cause the biostimulator effect and the hair acquires thick.
Anything that produces a mild injury, but repeated in hair-bearing skin, will produce a stimulation in the area surrounding the wound.
Many studies have demonstrated this phenomenon. And although they did not exist, the electrologist has ample evidence in his/her case file, with being just a little observer.

Edited by depilacionelectr (11/19/11 01:09 PM)

#93689 - 11/19/11 05:00 PM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: ]
lil.D Offline
Major Contributor

Thanks but your explanation is for eyebrows as well ? or just the hair in general ? because that can't be right for let say head hair ? or maybe it's different from place to place ?

Also, what about people who had accidents that resulted in scars where hair won't grow anymore and they would have bald spot. sure they see blood but the hair is like destroyed.

#93707 - 11/20/11 07:11 PM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: lil.D]
lil.D Offline
Major Contributor

anyone ?

#93714 - 11/21/11 12:40 AM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: lil.D]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Yes, if the wound is deep enough to destroy the hair follicles, you will have bald spots, but the skin around the wound remain healthy follicles, these are the ones that can be activated with the extra blood supply to the area.

Try not much digging in the skin for hair that has not yet appeared on the surface, the repeated rubbing with metal tweezers can be harmful. If time allows me, tomorrow I will show the damage done by the tweezers on the skin.

#93737 - 11/22/11 12:28 AM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: ]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Look at the damage that years of plucking with tweezers caused the skin of the upper lip of this woman:

And now look, Electrolysis results one year after completing treatment. Is not it a MIRACLE?

#93748 - 11/22/11 08:54 PM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The picture of the damaged skin is pretty severe. Thankfully, most clients seeking hair removal for their upper lip don't present with so much damage. This lady was really doing something wrong. Removing the source of the problem, hair, truly solves the rough texture and hyperpigmentwtion problem. Good work, Jossie!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#93753 - 11/22/11 09:44 PM Re: eyebrows plucking ??? [Re: dfahey]
boy1989 Offline
Major Contributor

Fantastic job Josefa!

Pictures like this makes me so happy smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
My Skin Years After Last Session
by Iluv2zap
0 seconds ago
My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair.
by Krasnaja
Today at 03:33 AM
Current Laser/IPL Models
by dfahey
Yesterday at 08:34 AM
KREE imperial ? Galvanic epilator help
by dfahey
Yesterday at 08:31 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Ton
09/24/17 08:41 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9568
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4148
Michael Bono 3116
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 104 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod