Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#94011 - 12/02/11 03:56 AM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: maryc]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
I am sure that all of the women in the study drank water. By the reasoning of this "research" water may be indicated in the genesis of infertility. Oh, but wait, this just in; all the women in the study breathed air, by this reasoning, air may be a cause of infertility.

Notice, that not only has this article been published, but it keeps being dredged up. As if enough people were not already trying LASER. Dick Nixon would be proud. In his honor, I would like to ask the author, "Do you still beat your children?"

Thread Sponsors
#94014 - 12/02/11 04:06 AM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
YESSSSSS James that is exactly my point in the following! (BTW, somebody in the association sent me the link ... I had never seen this before.) Madonna Mia Pizzaria!

My 2 cents:
I think the post about many PCOS women and electrolysis is the key. Often seeing two events happening at the same time does not necessarily establish a cause-and-effect relationship.

The central issue is this: “The moment the electrical current enters the epidermis, the lymph nodes detect the electrical current and it does it's best to trap the excess energy into the lymph node station furthest from the Pericardia wall.

I would like to get James Schuster’s opinion on this since he has done extensive research on electrolysis and the body. “Trapping excess energy” by the lymph nodes sounds like a fantasy. How did she come to this conclusion, that she states as FACT.

Let’s see: does the body store Radio Frequency energy in the lymph nodes? Hell, there is RF all over the place. Are we storing this energy? From our cell phones, the local radio station?

The DC? …. Humm. Okay so direct current (a miniscule amount of electron flow) passes through the body and is stored in the lymph glands? So, would we store electrons when we develop a static charge? I don’t know. Maybe we do? I suppose storing electrons seems plausible, but storing RF seems much less likely. Are lymph glands like capacitors?

We need to run this by Jim Schuster. He is not only a physician but is also an electrical engineer. Yeah, somebody … get this “thread” to our guy!

(I have noticed that in many sketchy "medical cures," the lymph nodes are always the target. You know: drain them, massage them, give "micro-current" to them. I wonder why this is? The mythical lymph nodes.)

#94025 - 12/02/11 09:52 AM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: Michael Bono]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Speaking to James Schuster is an excellent idea. Like other posters, I have treated on many occasions three, and even four generations of the same families. No fertility issues there !!

#94027 - 12/02/11 12:51 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: maryc]
Caith721 Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Charlotte, NC, US
My thoughts were exactly the same as MaryC's. If these women had mild-to-severe PCOS, it's likely they had other hormonal imbalances affecting their fertility. Electrolysis isn't the cause of the infertility, it's merely treating another symptom of the infertility.

#94029 - 12/02/11 01:38 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: Caith721]
follizap Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: england
Isn't this just typical, sad and laughable all at the same time. Another expert who just couldn't help themselves and as a result some poor woman/women with a hair issue will have to suffer it for fear of becoming infertile.....

#94030 - 12/02/11 01:48 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: follizap]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
semper aliquid haeret:

Quite interesting in my eyes is than a 20 year old study which had been rejected for publication (which already implies the severe methodolocical weakness pointed out in this thread) is now published, but not as a science paper but just in form of "sensational news".

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#94031 - 12/02/11 01:56 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: dfahey]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dfahey

But it was a long time ago, more than 20 yrs ago. So you can imagine my surprise of your email to me.

So that's what happened.  I still believe it's true today as it was back then.  However, with the increase in laser hair removal, all other methods seem to be less used.  At least that's how it seems in my area.

Respectfully,
Shelley "

From the article: "In today's culture, hairless is the chosen look for all young adults. And there are many ways to accomplish this appearance. You can shave, tweeze, wax, laser and electrolyze the hair follicle into submission."

I think James post on the page hit right on the mark. Was laser around 20 years ago for her to include in her "research" article?

#94036 - 12/02/11 02:40 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: Barbara_CPE]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I’m preparing this information for Jim Schuster. But a couple elements stick out.

First, you would think that anybody in “the healing arts” would know that it’s HIPAA and not HEPA (“hepa” is a filter, for God’s sake!). (Look back at her response.) My own feeling is that her alleged figure of her having interviewed 1,692 subjects is probably a lie. Such a number indicates a major medical study (with funding needed), and I don’t believe it. Most likely her paper was rejected because of “no methodology of study.”

Sorry to say this, but I have been involved in medical studies that were funded by a pharmaceutical company. (I was one subject of a local doctor studying the effects of “Botox.” I only had one injection and dropped out because I didn’t think having a toxin injected was a very good idea.) After a year of the doctor’s paid study, he had only 21 subjects for his report: twenty-one! So, you see how the number of 1,692 is not reasonable to me. (BTW, Botox works.)

The point is that such vast numbers, as indicated by this study, probably were falsified and used to bolster her bogus theory. I always get frustrated when people make unsubstantiated claims about anything (as you all have discovered). But I get infuriated when they subvert the scientific method to bolster their claims. Sadly, it’s done all the time. (Some day I may write about a “microdermabrasion” study that was also a fake!)

I know how hard I worked to get actual photos for my books (especially showing telangiectasia). The companies that copied me simply used “photoshopped” images that were total fakes (I still have them if you would like to see). I hate this crapola. Yes, even “real doctors” do it. Below is a photo I took off a “cosmetic surgeon’s” website. These are “before and after” photos. Of course “doctored” by lighting. Don’t people see this?

I’ll apologize profusely if proven wrong. However, at the moment, this person is in need of some decent public humiliation, which I shall offer at no cost. First, let’s see what Jim has to say …

#94037 - 12/02/11 03:56 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Okay, Jim is having a look. We should hear back next week. (He won't see this 'til Monday). "You cannot out-run the internet!"

#94040 - 12/02/11 05:03 PM Re: electrolysis causes infertility [Re: Barbara_CPE]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Originally Posted By: Barbara_CPE

I think James post on the page hit right on the mark. Was laser around 20 years ago for her to include in her "research" article?

You know Barbara, I so quickly disregarded this subject that I did not even scrutinize it enough to think of the fact that hardly anyone had access to LASER hair removal in 1990, and even those who did, were either in a study, or paying really high prices.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod