Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#94183 - 12/06/11 12:40 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: NE Louisiana
Hey Dee, I think it was mostly synchro, we had not gotten to the point of pico yet.

Thread Sponsors
#94201 - 12/06/11 05:48 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: templje]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Thanks, T. That is an awesome modality! It 's the rat-a-tat-tat of all the thermolysis modes. Complete destruction guaranteed.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#94205 - 12/06/11 10:04 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
S.Tehfe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: sydney NSW Australia
This has become my favourite modality. I totally agree Dee, I love it too.

#94215 - 12/06/11 03:41 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Templje is one of those nightmare cases that you want to take pictures of and put in a text book smile We had to throw in the kitchen sink here and used Pico, Syncro, and in some areas Blend.

Of course, that gave us so much extra time to watch more documentaries and enjoy chat over more meal times. laugh

#94319 - 12/09/11 08:40 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

James, I am a bit disappointed, I thought you said I was perfect nightmare case for a textbook wink

4000+ eL in synchro, argh!! wink

#94320 - 12/09/11 09:28 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: VickieCNY]
Caro Offline
Contributor

Loc: London
Hello,

Just wanted to add my electrolysis story :-)
Started in February 2010 on the upper lip, just 10 minutes twice a month. The hair were fine with a light brown colour that gave a slight shadow. Within 6 month, the reduction was such that I did not need to bleach them anymore.
I kept going and added the nipples & belly to the process. It is addictive :-)
After 1 year my sessions were only 10-15 minutes once a month and could cover all areas: upper lip touch-up, nipples & belly.
It has now been 20 months since I originally started on the upper lip and I still go back once a month to touch-up a few hairs but even my electrologist thinks it's not worth it, the hair are just so sparse and fine now. Really happy!

So to me the results were amazing, it takes patience and commitment as for the past 20 months I never missed an appointment.
It also requires to find the right electrologist, I originally started with someone who was overtreating me and then tried someone else who is much more skilled.
What I like about electrolysis compare to laser is actually the fact that you only kill a certain amount of hairs at once. It is what a lot of people find difficult as they'd rather had quicker faster results.
But this slow process also means that, should you be in the wrong hands, the damages would never be that bad and would heal easily as it only concerns a few hair follicles instead of a large area.
I got burned by laser on my bikini and that was a totally different story! All good now and healing but electrolysis offer this safety in my books. It takes longer but its works and the risks of damages are much less in my experience.
Hope this helps :-)

#94323 - 12/09/11 01:50 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Caro]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Well, good for you! Actually, if we calculate a little bit here, going twice a month for 10 minutes times 12 months equals 240 minutes divided by 60, equals 4 hours, followed by 15 minutes appointments once a month for 7 months equals 105 minutes divided by 60 equals 1.75 hours, which tells us that for three areas you invested 5.75 HOURS total time in 20 months time, of which two months, your electrologist was telling you no further treatment is necessary.

This does not sound like a long time to me. What makes electrolysis slow is the fact that we have to wait for ALL the hair that we want to remove, to come to the surface just one time. These hair growth cycles can be very frustrating, but because you were consistent and because you understood the reality of hair growth cycles, you made it to the finish line.

Your case does not sound severe. A person that has tougher hair structures and who may have tweezed, waxed or threaded for many years would have probably invested more time than this on their upper lip, abdomen, areola areas for a treatment session, but would have still finished, like you, in about 18 months. Eighteen months, totaling about SIX HOURS worth, out of a lifetime is still not a long time to invest in a permanent procedure.

Using the proper laser, along with the proper skill is great for bikini line hair. Sorry to hear that you got burned. I will say that the reduction can be fabulous, but it takes time as well for the same reason that electrolysis takes time - we have to get through those pesky hair growth cycles. It is common to get a 90% reduction, but some are not happy with that. They want it all gone. That is where electrolysis comes in to succeed in giving 100% removal.

Glad you are happy. It is good that you could stay local to get this accomplished. Hugs to my colleague, whoever she is!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#94329 - 12/09/11 02:41 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: dfahey]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I have discovered that with laser and the internet, few of my “target” patients come in as “virgins” any more! Well, I mean “hair virgins.”

It used to be that my male clients came in unshaved, unwaxed and unlasered. Now, I usually see them after all kinds of “failed attempts.” All of this screws up the whole electrolysis process. Sometimes, I don’t even want to do the treatment!

Today I’m starting on a 22-year old guy with back hair. He’s coming in a few weeks after being WAXED (lasered a year ago). Of course, he does not understand that I can’t finish him off in 3 clearings. Now, I really don’t know exactly what’s going to grow in. How many clearings? I don’t know: 4 or 5?

I’m going to have to spend another “hour” explaining cycles and what waxing has done to his hair. Of course, he disagrees and says that HIS hair is different and completely grows back in 2 weeks. Yeah, sure!

I also am not convinced that all the “internet junkies” are really doing themselves a favor. There is so much (mis)information out there, that most of these “over-informed” clients exhibit near paranoia about the treatment! I have to go through a litany of asinine questions that came from idiotic ideas that are all over the internet. (You know, explaining why ant oil is not a good idea? Does the blend really produce ACID in the follicle?)

I had a guy last week that was so “over-informed” I could barely touch him … total paranoia. I did a “test spot,” but have decided not to take this client. (After the treatment I got six phone calls … the last one at 1 AM in the morning. All concerned about, well, everything.

It’s getting more difficult; not better. Marshall McLuhan would have had a lot to say about this “new medium.”

Sorry, I sure was chatty this morning ... too much coffee!

#94330 - 12/09/11 03:12 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: Michael Bono]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
The internet isn't ALL bad.

I refer you to the recent thread of "question for the pros". This poster would never have found out that he was not receiving proper treatment if it wasn't for this forum. The same forum that is often accused of providing too much and incorrect knowledge to consumers. I know at least two Laser practitioners who hate it.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to Nov 2013, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#94369 - 12/10/11 06:05 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Caro Offline
Contributor

Loc: London
Dee,

Loving the calculation ;-)
You're absolutely right, I didn't have a major issue with my hair mainly just wanted to improve things using a permanent method of hair removal instead of the usual tempprary methods.

You're also absolutely spot on regarding the fact that, though it is a long process over time because of hair growth, the actual visits were not time consuming and most women around me spend much more time waxing & threading which are just temporary.

As I said in my post, to me it worked wonders!
And I am so glad this forum exists as it helped me throughout the process to make sure I was doing the right thing (for example when I was over treated).

Hopefully more success stories will follow!

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Reaction to tea tree oil: aftercare
by moatleaf
09:36 PM
Pls help: What is/are settings for curly follicle?
by melb_aussie
08:30 PM
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by Kate Blue
01:15 AM
Guidance on after care
by fenix
07:57 PM
All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot
by Silvana
07/17/18 02:51 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod