consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#95334 - 01/25/12 06:15 AM Vaniqa on base on penis
pk23
Unregistered

Hi,

I recently started using Vaniqa on the base on my penis. I did this because I have thick hairs there. I plucked them, used the cream, and they haven't come back yet. I am happy with that effect of the drug.

I've come to this forum for with a concern. I know that Vaniqa is not supposed to be perscribed to men, nor for male genitals. Recently I have been having a dull onset of an ache on the penis during erection. The onset of pain coincides with beginning to use vaniqa. It is painful and interupts my sexual life.

Can either men or women attest to their experiences with Vaniqa to me? Do any users have knowledge of known side effects of vaniqa that can explain this pain? The advice of a man or woman who has used the cream on or around their genitals would be a great help to me. Further knowledge or advice from forum users I also would appreciate.

Thank you,
Pedro

Sponsored Links
#95336 - 01/25/12 06:41 AM Re: Vaniqa on base on penis [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Hi Pedro and a warm welcome to you.

I think the way to approach your question would be to report this to your prescribing physician, if that is how you got the Vaniqa. Yes, this product indeed is for fine female facial hair, not coarse genital hair. Here is a contact form for Vaniqa : http://www.vaniqa.com/contact . You can report this to the FDA as well by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of the page at the given website. I'm curious about this as well, so I will ask a pharmacist to peruse her sources and see if there is something mentioned, as well.

Electrolysis would be highly effective for shaft hair, but you may need anesthetic help.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#95348 - 01/25/12 04:11 PM Re: Vaniqa on base on penis [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
I would have to say that roughly half of my clients getting hair removed from this area don't use numbing at all. Some use it for the first few clearances, and then not at all for the latter work.

I would say that if you found the right person, you could get this cleared up easily, as in an hour or less, once every 6 to 12 weeks over 12 to 18 months.

#95663 - 02/07/12 06:15 AM Re: Vaniqa on base on penis [Re: James W. Walker VII]
pk23
Unregistered

Hi All:

Over time the pain has subsided. I think it was caused by a separate problem, likely the recent injury to my groin muscle.

As I continue to use the product on that areas above mentioned, I can report no negative side-effects yet. The intended effect of the cream is happening.

I wonder if there are any out there who can attest to using it on larger areas of the body, for instance, an area as large as the stomach. Also, for those who have tried them: are the less expensive, non-name brand eflornithine products just as safe and effective?

I appreciate your thoughts and input

Thank you,
Peter

#102340 - 11/06/12 04:16 PM Re: Vaniqa on base on penis [Re: ]
EvaPro Offline
Contributor

Hi Peter,
I would caution you against using a product off-label. There is a reason the product is not prescribed for genital hair. Medications are usually absorbed either systemically (pills) or locally (creams). When you use a cream locally, such as on the upper lip, it is concentrated in that area. When you use a cream on your genital area, it could affect your reproductive ability or harm sensitive organs (prostate, bladder, etc.) I would like to recommend that you use a different hair removal method.

#102345 - 11/06/12 06:09 PM Re: Vaniqa on base on penis [Re: EvaPro]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Peter's post was from February. I don't that he will see your response, but it is helpful for others to know. Vaniqa is for female vellus facial hair everybody.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
PCOS-Hirsuitism and its cocktail
by The Dowager
08:51 AM
One-touch electrolysis
by fenix
09:22 PM
Schools that accept Pell Grant?
by fenix
09:13 PM
Am I being impatient or am I being plucked?
by TheFlyingProbe
08:35 PM
How long does it take to become an electrologist?
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
03:57 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9438
James W. Walker VII 8023
Andrea 4145
Michael Bono 3051
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod