consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#96729 - 03/17/12 10:19 AM Coumadin Patient
hairwo3sb3gon3 Offline
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have an appointment scheduled for Monday to perform my very first electrolysis treatment!! Yay wink So with all this excitement I've been doing further reading regarding electrolysis and I stumbled upon this website: http://www.laserelect.com/laser-hair-removal-austin-tx/index.html which gave pre-treatment instructions for laser and electrolysis. Within the pre-treatment for laser instructions it states to be free of coumadin/blood-thinners for a week!

My question is if laser requires that does electrolysis require the same? If so, I guess I can't do this and I'd be utterly despaired if that ends up being the case ;( Knowledgeable answers are greatly appreciated.
hairwo3sb3gon3 ~ "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized." ~Wayne Dyer

Thread Sponsors
#96732 - 03/17/12 10:25 AM Re: Coumadin Patient [Re: hairwo3sb3gon3]
James W. Walker VII Online

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
rest assured, you don't need to do the same things pretreatment for electrolysis as LASER. drink plenty of water, get a good night's sleep, and eat well the week of your treatment, and you should be good.

#96734 - 03/17/12 10:34 AM Re: Coumadin Patient [Re: James W. Walker VII]
hairwo3sb3gon3 Offline
Contributor

phew, I'm relieved yet surprised at the same time. I just convinced myself that because of the procedure that of course I wouldn't be able to do it if it required a needle being inserted and who knows what may happen to me after that. Thank you sooo much for your expert answer! I wish you were located here so I could go to you for this =) Your work is amazing! Have a blessed day!!

Aloha
hairwo3sb3gon3 ~ "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized." ~Wayne Dyer

#96888 - 03/20/12 04:47 AM Re: Coumadin Patient [Re: hairwo3sb3gon3]
hairwo3sb3gon3 Offline
Contributor

so i got a good scolding from my electrologist today regarding me being a coumadin patient and having the tria. I am slowly beginning to understand the proper care and treatment that goes into body hair care and how it coincides with your health. I am pleased to say that my first appointment went extremely well and I'm glad I found a good electrologist. Anyone on Oahu looking for an electrologist: About Face by Renee is the best!! I don't need to experience anyone else to know from the first meeting that she is an expert at what she does.

Moderator:  Andrea, James W. Walker VII 
Sponsored Sidebar Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis in Spain
by mightyE
Yesterday at 11:00 AM
london electrologist
by mightyE
Yesterday at 10:56 AM
Laser clinic refuses to use higher settings?!
by Brenton
Yesterday at 10:11 AM
Weird weak anagen hair
by Helen1983
Yesterday at 06:04 AM
Laser Hair Removal in NYC
by laurenramona
07/27/14 06:31 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 8657
James W. Walker VII 7994
Andrea 4046
depilacionelectr 2523
Who's Online
1 registered (Andrea), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod