Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#9757 - 03/16/04 04:07 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
jim2 Offline

Dee, what did your VMC Silhourt-tone cost? Is it a better machine than the uniprobe I want to buy? I'm not sure where I am going to purchase it at. Either from ElectricSpa.com or www.prestigeelec.com. I'm planning on buying new. But no preference if either works good.

Does anyone know if you need a license to purchase/own an electrolysis machine in WA?

Sponsored Links
#9758 - 03/16/04 04:11 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
jim2 Offline

I'm also wondering if it would be possible to do non-permanent electrolysis in order to "thin" hair or reduce the corseness in hopes that it grows back lighter and thinner. Is that possible? what I am thinking is on the forearm area, where I want hair, but not the thick, dark, coarse hair that is there now. Also it would probably take a while because there are SO many hairs on the forearm area. Any ideas?

#9759 - 03/16/04 04:54 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Why not get laser for your arms if you want hair reduction? It's a gamble, but I have seen a lot of comments on this site and others that hair that regrows after laser is finer and lighter. Of course, the hair that regrows may also return to it's original state. That's why it is a gamble.

If you can figure out the right intensity and timing that will partially destroy the follicle using electrolysis,you can get thinning.
That would be difficult, but could be possible.

The VMC Silhouet-tone that I purchased cost
$2,964.00. That is the full price with shipping and handling. I can't compare it with the uni-probe autoblend because I know nothing about this epilator. I purchased the VMC as opposed to other choices (which would have been good choices,too) mainly because of James Walker's recommendation. I really respect his opinions and comments on this forum and my ears always perk up when he posts here. I recently purchased the VMC so I'm still getting to know the particulars about this epilator. So far, my clients love it for the level of comfort, not to mention, they heal nicely within a week.

Go to the American Electology Association website for information on licensed states.

Why don't you just go to school and become an electrologist? You have so much enthusiasm for this stuff.

Dee

#9760 - 03/16/04 05:11 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
jim2 Offline

lol. The only enthusiasm I have is thinking one day I might not be a grizzly bear. Any machine I purchase will only be used for personal use, so I can't really justify anything over $1500 or so. I just want to make sure whatever I get works.

Is there potential for 'thinning' with lasers to go bad, in that hair real grow back patchy or not at all?

Thanks

#9761 - 03/16/04 07:51 PM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
One of the exotic dancers who came to me did so because she had been horribly teased in the locker room (or is that powder room?)by the other dancers. Her L.A.S.E.R. treatments had netted her a patchy hair pattern that earned her the nickname "Cheata" for the very apparent spots of hair and color changes that resulted.

There are also some documented cases of people who get laser treatments and actually have their hair growth pattern INCREASE the number of hairs per square inch, and many times the hairs even get thicker.

#9762 - 03/17/04 04:23 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
gueisha Offline

Loc: panama city , fl
Hi,

My post is to confirm what James said, i had Laser, came with fine hairs and few darks that where bothering me, and after 3 treatments my hairs are growing darker, in crazy directions and a LOT MORE, AND HORRIBLE !!!!!

My advise, Laser is't not for every body,

i do prefer to use profesional wax and electrolysis.

Glenda

#9763 - 03/17/04 04:51 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
jim2 Offline

Glenda, do you know what the type or brand laser they used on you?

#9764 - 04/03/04 08:22 AM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
jim2 Offline

I received my Uni-Probe AUTOBLEND today and to my suprise it came with NO instructions what so ever! I'm reading an electroylsis book and learning the basics of the trade, but I have many questions regarding the specifics of this machine. Can anyone answer the following questions for me?

1. How do I know what to set the DC, RF, and timer to?
2. Do I need to hold the included hand held ground at all times?
3. How do you know what needle diameter and insertion length for each area?
4. I bought an expensive magnification mirror but I still can't really see the hairs pore. Is this common? Do you just follow the general growth direction and basically do your best to follow the area into the pore? Or should I clearly see into the pore?

Is there anywhere I can get some general blend instructions or Uni-Probe specific instructions? I can't believe they didn't send any, it's ludacris.

Thanks

#9765 - 04/03/04 06:34 PM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
I can't read your post without thinking about all the people who post here saying "I think these so called pro's are just trying to scare us off from saving money when they say it is better to see a pro than to do it yourself."

First of all, the manufacturer of the machine assumes that only a trained professional would be obtaining the equipment, and if you were, you would not have the questions you are asking.

The ground need only be in contact with your skin when you wish the equipment to actively treat a follicle.

The probe size is fitted to the size of the hair,and the follicle it is growing from and the proper insertion depth is something you learn to gauge by feel. If you don't develop the touch, you will mess up frequently. Electrology classes and books teach you how to size this up.

Working in a mirror on yourself is the quickest way to have slow tedious and possibly dangerous treatments. No magnifying mirror will give you the detail you seek, so what you describe is in fact common for what you are attempting to do.

I will also assume that you missed the advise posted plenty of other places in this forum that you should buy The Blend Method by Mike Bono available by mail via Texas Electrolysis Supply 1-800-626-6025 and work on getting an electrology partner to trade work on. You still won't get as fast a clearance as seeing a pro, but at least you won't be getting the slow painful work that occurs when one tries to work on one's own face alone.

You might also wish to explore with the people at T.E.S. some of the magnification options for you and your hair removal buddy to utilize for better insertions.

#9766 - 04/03/04 07:01 PM Re: Can anyone recommend this machine?
jim2 Offline

I don't have a maginfying mirror, but instead a magnifying lamp with a 5 diop lens. It was purchased from an electrylsis company and is intended for the trade. To see the actual pore and needle insertion, it appears to me you would need a microscope. I don't understand with what clarity I am supposed to see the pore. The book I have is 'Modern Electrology' by Fino Gior. It was highly recommended.

DIY'er, can you tell me what methods you use to set the DC, RF, & timer for your Autoblend and then work up? I would appreciate it. Rest assured I am not going to try any electrolysis until I feel 100% comfortable with what I am doing.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Senior 13 Mhz for DIY?
by blueberry
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
New Hinkel video/tape 5-minutes
by melb_aussie
Yesterday at 11:54 AM
Electrologists in India
by HairByHair
Yesterday at 08:34 AM
Suggestions on my case and DIY info
by Iluv2zap
08/18/18 02:12 PM
Whirlpool Forums immediately delete my posts
by Deedra
08/17/18 11:49 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9702
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3466
Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod