consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#79215 - 10/09/10 07:11 PM Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns
Kirk99 Offline
Contributor

I was initially concerned about being aroused during my first “modified” Brazilian laser procedure last week; modified because I’m leaving a patch of pubic hair were my abdomen meets the base of my penis. I read several posts where guys found themselves getting erections during their sessions; this somewhat alleviated my fears and I accepted the inevitable.

Just before my appointment I washed the numbing cream off of my genitals in the clinic's restroom. It was weird since I could hardly feel my penis; it was like I was fondling someone else’s package. Then when I entered the procedure room, my esthetician didn’t hesitate and suggested we start “down there” while I was still numb. I previously had my buttocks and perianal area treated by the same esthetician, so I wasn’t overly concerned about exposing myself to her; I was a little worried about becoming aroused. So anyway, I proceeded to strip down for her; and I commented that I could barely tell that I took my underwear off I was so numb. Nonetheless, when I hopped onto the bed anyone could plainly see that I was already semi-erect. I didn’t say anything, however when she turned around she made a comment about not worrying and that she had “seen everything.” She proceeded to describe what she was going to do in the area of my groin and marked my skin with a white grease pencil. My partial erection didn’t seem to create an issue. I reclined there and watched as she worked around on my hips and the general area in the vicinity of my groin. Then she warned me that she was going to move in for the sensitive bits; she also said she would be lowing the setting on the laser. The pain was nearly nonexistent thanks to the cream; however I could still feel her working on my genitals. Then I thought I could feel my erection getting harder and when I looked down, there was no question as it was pointing straight up at her. The more she worked on my scrotum and around the shaft of my penis, the stiffer it got. She was professional and didn’t comment. I wasn’t sure whether I should just ignore it or apologize. She knew exactly what I was referring to when I finally sat up and asked something like, “is that going to make things easier or more difficult?” She didn’t skip a beat and said, “No, its perfect,” as she let out a giggle. I was relieved. I was relieved, but very hard; and finally I had to lend a hand so she could maneuver around the base and length of my shaft. It was just easier for me to manipulate things to make everything accessible. Next time I’m going to be more hands on from the start, so to speak, to make everything go smoothly (no puns intended). She finally finished my first Brazilian laser procedure and moved onto my chest and abs.

Does this sound like a typical reaction? If you're an esthetician, how do you feel about male arousal? If you're a guy who's had a laser procedure on your genitals, was your experience similar?

Sponsored Links
#79221 - 10/09/10 10:31 PM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: Kirk99]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Some people can't control it and it happens. It's not a huge deal as they've seen everything from treating numerous patients over the years.

#80374 - 11/20/10 03:12 PM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: LAgirl]
Kirk99 Offline
Contributor

I had another laser session on my modified Brazilian again this week. Everything went pretty well; thanks to the anesthetic cream I applied to my genitals. My biggest concern always go back to the fact that as soon as my technician starts in on my scrotum I find myself getting more erect and by the time she moves on to my shaft I’m extremely hard. I believe it probably makes it easier for her to treat that area and I even helped her with access by positioning my shaft and/or moving my balls around. Even so, I feel a little embarrassed by how aroused I get; it’s like the proverbial elephant in the room. She even had to give me a wipe to clean off the drippy tip after she finished. Do I need to acknowledge my erection and apologize for it? I can’t control it.

#80635 - 11/30/10 09:51 PM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: Kirk99]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I'm sure she already knows that. I would just ignore it. smile

#98349 - 05/06/12 10:58 AM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: LAgirl]
limone Offline

I've got very similar experience. So far I've received four IPL treatments of boyzilian (pubic and perineal area, penis, buttocks and anal crack) in a hair removal salon. Generally, IPL is less painful and much cheaper but also less effective than diode laser. The first step was just filling a consultation card and a patch test with start of treatment after at least three days. I was told that at least 6 to 10 treatments would be required. The day before I shaved the areas to be treated. My first appointment was early in the morning. The comestologist led me to the treatment room (it was very clean, brightly led with a sophisticated massage table and IPL machine) and asked to remove all my clothes (I was doing underarms simultaneously), put on a disposable g-string and lie down on the couch. The paper thong was just to walk to couch and was later cut off by the technician. I didn't use it all during the next sessions. First I had to lay down on my stomach and spread the buttocks with my hands. I felt mild electrical tingles, in anal crack the snapping of a rubber band, which was really painful. There was the sensation of some heat and a slight smell of burning hair. After my buttocks were done I had to roll on my back to perform the front side. she pulled out the stirrups from below the table and positioned my feet in them so my kness were wide spread apart and I was exposed. Actually, it was quite comfortable position making the work easier. The cosmetologist zapped my pubic area excluding small patch, penis (which was painful), inguinal and perineal areas. Though it wasn't a relaxing procedure, my overall impression is very positive. The cosmetologist was expertise and it was clear that my nakedness was nothing unusual for her. When penis was being treated, I got erection but it was not commented. First two sessions were painful, especially penis and perianal area. The most important is good result after four sessions.

#98351 - 05/06/12 11:38 AM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: limone]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
don't worry about it.
When training for doing electrolysis in this area, it was suggested to have dry, non-lubricated condoms on hand, in order to catch any leakage, and facilitate occlusion of anesthetic.

Remember, the body runs off electro-magnetic impulses.

#98352 - 05/06/12 12:04 PM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: James W. Walker VII]
limone Offline

Thanks for the advice, it seems to be an excellent solution. I'd like to stress that this kind of erection has nothing in common with sexual arousal. I experience it on doctors exams, massage etc. It's rather short lasting and subsides quickly. The problem is, that it always results with a couple of drops of clear, colorless, viscous fluid (pre-cum) which stains exam table paper. It is very embarassing for me, not the erection itself. Putting a condom on would be more hygienic.

#98455 - 05/08/12 03:33 PM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: limone]
Backroads Offline
Contributor

Loc: Kentucky
I'm having similar work done and my trick to avoiding the issue is to tell myself: "She may refuse to treat me if this doesn't remain under control. How embarrassing would that be?" It's probably not true, but usually that thought alone gets things turned around. The pain from the procedure also keeps things moving in the right direction.

I usually then concentrate on something else and it isn't a problem. Conversing with your technician about non-related topics -- sports, the weather, your job, your coming vacation, anything -- also can do a lot of good.

I've also found that the more treatments you have and the more familiar you are with your technician, the less of a problem this actually is.

Edited by Backroads (05/08/12 03:37 PM)

#98465 - 05/09/12 04:28 AM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: Backroads]
Hairfree Hunk Online
Contributor

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I'm getting full body (neck down) laser done, including full Brazillian. My laser technician is truly one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen and is a total sweetheart, too. Two things help me deal with the embarrassing moments mentioned above. One is that I'm gay. The other is I fail to see how I could be aroused by the hottest of men when I'm getting a zapping pain every few seconds on my manhood. I'm using EMLA on the sensitive boy parts but still, I can feel it. And it's so not arousing.

Seriously, though, for some of you guys that are having a problem, take an ipod with noise cancelling headphones.Listen to a complex music piece, like classical or jazz. The distraction may help.

#98476 - 05/09/12 09:30 PM Re: Male Brazilian Laser/ Arousal Concerns [Re: Hairfree Hunk]
limone Offline

I'd divert the question from how to avoid unwanted arousal into how to accommodate involuntary erection into the treatment. Actually, I'm not a hypersexual person. When I go for my boyzilian, I try to be as modest as possible; wear a loose T-shirt and put on long socks (even if I come barefoot in sandals) Moreover, when I undress, I put on a disposable paper thong. Must look really asexual in the oversized T-shirt and white thick socks. I take mp3, too. In the meantime the cosmetologist fills the papers and makes a small talk asking about any reactions and results after the previous treatment. I put glasses, seat back in relaxed position and scoot down to the edge of the table. The technician helps to guide each of my feet into a stirrup, one on each side of the table. Laying back like this, it is hard to see her face, or for her to see my face. The she performs my pubic and inguinal areas after covering with a cooling gel. The most difficult moment is the start of the base of my penis; the light guide is pressed hard and the gel is cool. From this moment I experience growing erection, which is involuntary and is result of manual stimulation, zapping and tingles. It subsides a while later. I think, I belong to the group about 20% of males, with erection can't be avoided. If so, I've got to accommodate it and opt for protection from further embarrassment (condom etc).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Advice for customers.
by fenix
01:14 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
05:46 PM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod