Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#98715 - 05/19/12 06:21 AM Re: Am I supposed to hold something during electro? [Re: Barbara_CPE]
LeahC Offline
Contributor

Loc: TX
Yes, perfectly normal not to hold a metal bar, depending on the type of electrolysis you're getting. My technician uses an Apilus Platinum (thermo) and I've never held a bar during any of our sessions. However, I do hold a metal rod for the ionophoresis she performs afterward. (She always wraps it first in a wet wipe, though I'm not sure why?)

Thread Sponsors
#98721 - 05/19/12 11:25 AM Re: Am I supposed to hold something during electro? [Re: LeahC]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
The metal bar is held during thermolysis when the electrologist chooses to work in automatic mode, having nothing to do with galvanic or blend. If the electrologist wants you to make contact with the metal bar during thermolysis, it is being used as a sensor, not a ground.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea, James W. Walker VII 
Sponsored Sidebar Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis today
by SeanaTG
0 seconds ago
Multi-Needle Electrolysis
by SeanaTG
11 minutes 22 seconds ago
Consumer modified One Touch, shares tips
by Dani P
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Bikini line aftercare?
by lyrical
Yesterday at 04:04 PM
Out of control bikini line :) - Pic
by Helen1983
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 8674
James W. Walker VII 7997
Andrea 4054
depilacionelectr 2523
Who's Online
5 registered (Doorlean, Kim Rimmer, Glabrous girl, 2 invisible), 73 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod