Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#98868 - 05/24/12 11:54 PM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: Dolphinz]
Karii Offline
Contributor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks Dolphinz, I'll look into the calamine lotion.

So, I decided that I would like to try out different electrologists than the one I am going to at the moment. Today, I went to another one in the area that I never knew existed before!

It was pretty neat. I had booked an hour appointment, but the traffic was horrible and I ended up being 15 minutes late, so we just did 30 minutes. First thing I noticed was the place was nice enough, but the machinery looked old. I don't know, but what do you guys think of the Sorisa DE-3000? Anyway, this lady is a lot slower than my old one, and she could only thin out my chin hairs in the 30 minutes.
Immediately post-treatment:

I did not feel any pulling whatsoever (except maybe 1 hair that was resisting) during the session, and she talked to me about blend, thermolysis, etc. I told her I've been getting electrolysis done since January, and she was surprised because it seems like my hairs aren't at the same growth stages yet. The example she gave me was how some are short, while others are really long. She wants me to come regularly so she can get me on track. She says one of her clients (of 1.5 months) has already gotten on track, so she doesn't like that after 4 months, I'm not.

She also saw the hyperpigmentation, and made her adjustments accordingly. She told me she used only the minimum amount of energy required to zap my hairs and get them to slide out without resisting. She seemed like she knew what she was doing, albeit her speed was quite slow. She put on tea tree oil gel after my appt was over, but didn't provide any other aftercare tips.

After the session was over though, she recommended peels to me, and said they would definitely help with my hyperpigmentation. Do you think peels are good for me, you guys? Or should I wait until I'm hair-free?

Thread Sponsors
#98872 - 05/25/12 03:23 AM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: Karii]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have said from the beginning that I thought your skin looked too rough after treatment and my opinion still stands. Peels? Something to consider after you have finished electrolysis treatments. At least you are involved with another practitioner now. Her epilator? I'm not familiar with it. It would be very, very interesting to compare your skin condition with the skill and epilators of the two electrologists you have seen against what a skilled electrologist can do with a Laurier or Ballet probe and an Apilus Platinum epilator. Modern, high tech tools are absolutely phenomenal, but if you don't have a choice, then a cautious practitioner can get you through this. Peels should not be necessary after electrolysis, but they can be an option down the road if the skin does not heal well on its own. Many electrologists know exactly what I am talking about because they have drifted to another level to update and re-train, thus offering another way to experience permanent hair removal under the banner of electrolysis.

At least the second electrologist has verbalized that she sees some skin manifestations and is proceeding with caution.

Thank you very much for the picture update, Karii.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#98873 - 05/25/12 03:53 AM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: dfahey]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: India
Dfahey is right....Please dont use peel as if now.They will not do any good but further harm your skin.You know skin ia very delicate appendage and its need to be cared but yes its an amazing healing properties.I am telling you because I am a doctor.Do give adequate time for healing before you go to next session....its very important that your skin recovers to some extent before you go to next session.Yup use calamine lotion after each session...Phenol content of calamine lotion is drying as well as antiseptic..It also contains zinc which is known for its antiseptic effect.I am telling you a few medication which will help you...HEXALEAK( its an ointment which helps the restoration of mucus memberanes and breach in skin) and Tbact ointment atleast for 5 days after your session.I see a few infected follicles.Your electrologist should not treat that otherwise it will transfer the bacteria(infecting source)to other normal follicles...leave them untouched...if its due to ingrown,then ask your electrologist to remove ingrownm with forceps.I hope this information will help you.I wish I shall help you in some way.

#98876 - 05/25/12 06:44 AM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: madhu]
impossable Offline
Major Contributor

I'm so glad you decided to try another electrologist. While I understand your need for quick treatments, you must keep the long term results in mind. Quick treatments are not much use if you will be scared for the rest of your life.

I think Josefa, one of the electrologists who post here, used to use the Sorisa DE-3000 and she was happy with it.

I agree with the others wait. In fact, I'd wait until about 2 years after the treatment is done. Tea tree oil is very good the first days, after that you might want to try a 25% Urea Cream.

Frankly I would also wait for those purple areas to heal for as long as possible before treating them again.

#98878 - 05/25/12 08:37 AM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: impossable]
samafe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Milan, Italy
How many weeks do your scabs last? 1-2-3-4 weeks?

#98879 - 05/25/12 08:59 AM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: samafe]
samafe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Milan, Italy
Karii have you ever tried rosehip oil? smile

#98891 - 05/25/12 03:25 PM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: Karii]
krafty Offline

A quick question to all. What about education on waxing? It seems that the public is lead to believe that the hair will grow back the same or not at all. It seems that waxing creates problems for people where maybe it was not that bad before the waxing. I can't think of a more dishonest information than that. Comments?

#98894 - 05/25/12 04:27 PM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: krafty]
madhu Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: India
Waxing..in my view I dont recommend it.Waxing makes hairs more thicker as blood flow to each hair follicle which is traumatised increases.Lot of hairs are simply broken rather than coming from root...so another problem arise...the ingrown and infection of follicles.Its cheap but side effects are bad.Yup,if hairs are bleachable,do bleach them.

#98905 - 05/25/12 08:33 PM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: madhu]
mumbaigirl Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Waxing has ruined my life. LOL. It does work for most people though.

#99001 - 05/28/12 10:56 PM Re: My electrolysis diary [Re: mumbaigirl]
Karii Offline
Contributor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
So, it's been a few days now since the treatment (5 days) and the scabs were worse than the ones I got with my old electrologist. Those were mostly pinpoint scabs, but these ones were pretty big. At least she only did my chin, and only ~part~ of that. Anyway, they're coming off and healing though so it's fine.

I know that if I went to her (my 2nd electrologist) again and told her about the scabbing, she'd change her settings accordingly.

However, I'm going to another electrologist for a consultation on Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes first.

Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Sidebar Links
Recent Posts
Men's hair/neck line electrolysis
by dfahey
When should you start seeing regrowth?
by depilacionelectr
09:03 PM
IPL works, and at home
by MayBelle
02:59 PM
Apilus Junior Plus for Sale in EUROPE
by uptownmd
12:29 PM
Super Hair Removal ? SHR ? Neither laser not IPL ?
by laserboypls
11:52 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 8706
James W. Walker VII 7997
Andrea 4064
depilacionelectr 2586
Who's Online
3 registered (skydivingjess, nizyk, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod