Increased beard growth from age 24 to 34 (male)?

Posted by: joheu

Increased beard growth from age 24 to 34 (male)? - 12/19/15 01:13 PM

Not sure if this is the best subforum, because I don't think I have hormonal issues.. but I couldn't find a better category. Anyway, here goes...

I looked at some earlier pictures of myself from 10 years ago and I noticed that my face looked so much smoother back then. Now, I've always had heavy beard growth, I could grow a full beard from way earlier than 24... but the pictures from age 24 just shows me with just a hint of a shadow, while now at 34 I have a heavy shadow all the time, from the second that I shave.

Does beard growth normally increase so much between these ages? I always figured it was the rest of the body where hair increased with age but not the beard.
Posted by: Michael Bono

Re: Increased beard growth from age 24 to 34 (male)? - 12/19/15 02:25 PM

Yes it does! Your observation is spot on.

Hair amounts and quantity changes EVERYWHERE on the male and female body throughout our entire lifetimes!

A well-seasoned electrologist can look at a photo of hair on any part of a body and can usually predict both the age and sex of the person.
Posted by: Johnson

Re: Increased beard growth from age 24 to 34 (male)? - 12/19/15 02:33 PM

I'm not sure what you mean in terms of the change. It sounds more like your hairs have simply become thicker in diameter or perhaps darker in color.

Personally I've had a full beard since around age 23 now, and there is only the small spots between moustache and cheeks where hair is missing. That could fill in, but beyond that I don't think the beard can become 'fuller' than it already is. But there could be an increase of hair below, on the neck.
Posted by: joheu

Re: Increased beard growth from age 24 to 34 (male)? - 12/19/15 03:46 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Michael, that's definitely been my my feeling, I just haven't researched the case of myself until now. I guess I've just always felt that its "too much" and never really noticed the changes...

On another note.. I did have laser on shoulder/back about 10 years ago too.. and it didn't seem to do much at the time and now it definitely can't be seen that its been treated. I guess some of that could be new growth over time too.

Johnson, it might be that the hears are thicker... they are certainly thick. But they are crazy dense too. I can't remember how long they've felt like this and what exactly accounts for the visible difference.