Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124618 - 09/07/17 06:55 PM Help with GentleMAX pro settings and best settings
duma Offline

Hello there,

Could you please help me with the Laser session settings for the machine
Make: Candella, model GentleMaxPro, 755nm

I had my first session(Alexandrite laser) for full legs, full thighs, feet, hands and full arms.
Coming next week I would have my first session for back and brazilian area.

For the hands, full arms, the "front legs" and "front thighs", the LASER settings were as follows:
Fluence : 10 J/cm2
Duration: 3ms
Rate : 2Hz

Cooling part-
Pre : 40
Delay : 20

For the "back legs" and "back thighs" the LASER settings were as follows:
Fluence : 12 J/cm2
Duration: 3ms
Rate : 2Hz

Cooling part-
Pre : 40
Delay : 20

Link to Flick (8 photos album): GentelMAX pro setting photo and back body photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/158261214@N02/36950487301/in/dateposted-public/

Can someone please answer my queries:

1) Could you please let me know if these settings were correct.
I am a male of 35years. My ethnicity is Indian(South Asian country). I have fair complexion but had medium thick black long hair on Arms, legs. I am not sure about my skin: could be between Type 2 and Type 3. I rquest you to see the album link above.
On the chest, abdomen, armpit and brazilian area, I had thick long hair and I often shaved my brazilian area and armpits.
I also have this noticeable light tan on my Arms and hands.

2) Could you please let me know if I have to go for YAG laser for the next session and if so what should be
the ideal settings. YAG seems to be more painful but I am willing to take it.

3) For the back and the brazilian area what would be the ideal setting for the first session.
I have attached the pre-op photos for my back. Unfortunately I didn't take the photos of pre-op for rest of my body.

4) For the neck area what would be the ideal settings for first session.

5) Rest of the 5 sessions should be with YAG laser and if so please let me know the ideal settings for the remaining sessions.

6) How can I maximize hair removal in the next 5 sessions and make the best use of the remaining 5 sessions.
I would like to know the best laser(ND/YAG) and the best settings, plus any tips from experienced people.

I am sorry for such a long post but I want to make sure the money I am spending is worth it.

Thank you.

Edited by duma (09/07/17 07:09 PM)
Edit Reason: Included skin type

Sponsored Links
#124619 - 09/07/17 07:39 PM Re: Help with GentleMAX pro settings and best settings [Re: duma]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

10J, and 12J is waste of time and money. Those settings are bellow minimum sufficient energies. Your skin is light enough to handle minimum of 16J on 18mm spot. If the clinic is afraid of working on you in Alexandrite mode, they should not waste your money and work on you in YAG. But if the tech is reducing the joules because of pain tolerance issue, the solution is for you to use topical numbing cream and not compromising effectiveness of your treatments by reducing proper settings.
I'm concerned that the tech is poorly trained or just doesn't care if they think these settings will give you any permanent results.

#124620 - 09/07/17 08:49 PM Re: Help with GentleMAX pro settings and best settings [Re: fenix]
duma Offline

Thank you Fenix, I made it very clear to the Technician that I could tolerate that kind of pain. But she insisted that for the first time they always use low fluence. Now that I have understood, I would be asking them to go for Alexandrite(with higher settings) or YAG(with best settings for my skin tone) for my first session of armpits, chest, abdomen, brazilian area and the back.

It's my sincere request to you to let me know what optimal YAG laser settings I can suggest to them for the next 5 sessions if they insist on using YAG. I don't want to waster even a single session with incorrect settings and with substandard or inferior hair removal results.

I believe if Alexandrite is suitable for my skin the pain of 16J or even 18J would be manageable by me. As you suggested I can use a topical cream or an analgesic tablet(paracetamol etc..) an hour before the session.

PS: Please suggest which one to go for Alexandrite or YAG.

Thank you again for your help

Edited by duma (09/07/17 08:56 PM)

#124621 - 09/07/17 09:49 PM Re: Help with GentleMAX pro settings and best settings [Re: duma]
duma Offline

Here is the complete photo album: Laser hair setting and back photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/158261214@N02/sets/72157684965488172

My apologies the first post had just 1 photo uploaded.

Thank you

Edited by duma (09/07/17 09:50 PM)

#124622 - 09/07/17 10:21 PM Re: Help with GentleMAX pro settings and best settings [Re: duma]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I don't remember YAG settings but if you do searches in laser section, you will find topics with YAG suggestions. Alexandrite is always a better choice because it picks up more finer hairs better than a YAG, yielding better outcomes.

#124623 - 09/07/17 10:41 PM Re: Help with GentleMAX pro settings and best settings [Re: fenix]
duma Offline

Thank you Fenix, I will go with Alexandrite. I won't bother about YAG as it is recommended for Darker skin. Hope you were able to view all the 8 photos that I had uploaded in the last post. So if I had start to the LHR session this Saturday I would go with Fluence of 16J? or 18J keeping other settings intact. Please let me know. Thank you.

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Need help purchasing an electrolysis machine
by Ruz
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Help to choose a machine
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 08:38 PM
Orlando area electrolysis recommendation
by jae05e
Yesterday at 04:13 PM
Lasting results
by WeRNotAfraid
Yesterday at 02:10 PM
Laser Haur Removal -Lower Legs
by PalePinkSkinDark
Yesterday at 01:36 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9607
James W. Walker VII 8048
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3168
Who's Online
1 registered (LRN), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod