Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125515 - 12/22/17 01:30 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
We are all used to the "fussing;" no problem. The question I have is why you were using Aloe. I mean, specifically how was that going to speed the healing ... what did you hope to accomplish?

When a woman gets pregnant, she would love it if the baby could just pop-out in a few days; but that's not happening. No matter what she does, the pregnancy is going to take the 9-months or so.

Same with all healing. You can make it feel better initially (and take precautions from real infections) ... but there is nothing you can do to make it "go faster." After a couple days of "fiddling" just keep your "cotton pickin' fingers off" and let mother nature take her course. You can't fight it anyway.

Still, we all know the "easily stressed" ARE going to stress over everything for the duration. We have heard it all and that's "cool." When it's all over, you will wonder why you put all the "angst" into it ... especially since there will be another "thing" causing stress. (I know, because I'm exactly the SAME!)

Thread Sponsors
#125518 - 12/22/17 02:48 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Michael Bono
The question I have is why you were using Aloe. I mean, specifically how was that going to speed the healing ... what did you hope to accomplish?

I was using Aloe Vera on the whole face (not just specifically for that little red spot) because that's what my electrologist advised me to do initially. Lots of people on this board also seemed fans of Aloe so I thought "why not?" Of course the intention was to soothe and cool the skin a little which, unfortunately, wasn't happening in my case so I dumped the idea...

Originally Posted By Michael Bono
When it's all over, you will wonder why you put all the "angst" into it

I hope so smile

#125620 - 01/05/18 11:49 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Ok, so the "fussing" part of me activated again after the next thermolysis session (which took place 12 hours ago). It was a 2-hour long session spread across the chin, upper lip, lower lip, cheeks, jawline and neck area.

What worried me, is that this time immediately after the treatment I've noticed some clear fluid leakage, mostly on the upper lip and several spots on the chin. There was not a lot of it though - just small pinhead-sized wet dots visible in strong light but I remembered from different threads on Hairtell that fluid is a "bad sign". I went to sleep because I was very tired. I woke up 8 hours later and noticed in the mirror that some thin yellowish "crust" started forming in some places. Some spots are still looking slightly wet from the fluid.

Is that a case of overtreatment? Should I just wait until the crust comes off naturally or should I gently wash it off with clean water? I would appreciate your opinions based on the:
PHOTO TAKEN TODAY - 12 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT

Edited by Kate Blue (01/06/18 12:04 AM)

#125623 - 01/06/18 10:57 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Okay ... truly you are going to "sweat this out" for the duration. That's fine, happens all the time. I understand because I "fuss" and equivocate about EVERYTHING too.

While all electrologists see the "leaking fluid" as something-less-than desirable, overall, it's not a problem. When the skin is burned (electrolysis), blood vessels expand to allow healing products to enter the wound site. Along with these elements some blood plasma (the clear to "yellow" liquid) can leak in ... not bad, because it carries platelets that close the wound. (Not entirely "lymph" by the way, which is what most schools teach ... ugh!).

Just wash off the excess and go about your business. Your photo looks fine. You have beard hairs that require lots of energy. You don't have "peach fuzz" like a young woman (who will rarely see such a reaction)... it's a beard and you will get more reaction because, well, your electrologist is removing a beard.

If you don't want the leaking ... go in less often and for much shorter appointments with no "clearance."

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend?
by endlesshello
Today at 03:20 PM
A Tale of Two Electrolygists
by Iluv2zap
Today at 10:38 AM
Thermocoagulation and Health Canada regulation
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 11:09 PM
One month on...
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 11:00 PM
Sterilization in Canada
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 10:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3220
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod