consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125141 - 11/11/17 10:21 PM Insulated Ballet Needles
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
i notice that when I bend the insulated ballet needle, the insulation breaks and separates from the needle.This can be observe only under microscope with high magnification because the insulation is very thin and transparent. It is possible that I have bad lot but it is possible to be common problem.I think most of the electrologist here in Hairtell use Ballet insulated probes and maybe it is good idea to investigate that problem. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Dimi

Thread Sponsors
#125145 - 11/12/17 03:28 AM Re: Insulated Ballet Needles [Re: dimi]
Ton Offline
Contributor

Whoa! I have no idea what type of needles have been used on me, but I'm getting the blend, and I've heard that insulated needles shouldn't be used in the blend. Thank you for posting this; this is good info to know.

#125149 - 11/12/17 09:49 AM Re: Insulated Ballet Needles [Re: dimi]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

insulated needles are perfect for doing blend. There is no problem with using them
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#125159 - 11/12/17 07:33 PM Re: Insulated Ballet Needles [Re: Iluv2zap]
Ton Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
insulated needles are perfect for doing blend. There is no problem with using them

Page 232, in Chapter 16 "The Blend Method" in the book "Milady's Hair Removal Techniques", it says in the "DO's & DON'TS" box,

"Do not use noninsulated tapered needles."

I guess I was thinking of galvanic electrolysis, and how the blend uses some galvanic current:

On page 224 of the same book, in the same type of text box, it says "Don'ts of Galvanic Electrolysis" "Do not use tapered or insulated needles."

It also says on page 164, "For this reason, insulated probes are not preferred for the galvanic modality or the blend method." This has to do with making sure the sebaceous gland is also killed (I think they may be referring to the bulge, although I've also heard that it is thought that stem cells are distributed throughout the entire follicle, not just in the bulge), because "the lye pattern differs with insulated probes".

It also says, "There may also be some question as to the durability of the insulation on the probe and whether the lye produced by the galvanic current would break it down."

I know you recommended this book in a previous post on Hairtell. I myself am not sure what to think about insulated probes being used in blend. I'm not an electrologist.

Edited by Ton (11/12/17 07:35 PM)

#125162 - 11/12/17 10:03 PM Re: Insulated Ballet Needles [Re: dimi]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Ton,

I confirm what Seana wrote:
"insulated needles are perfect for doing blend. There is no problem with using them".

In fact I use Ballet insulated needles and Dectro insulated needles which are specifically designed for blend and galvanic modality.Electrologists must know how to use them.

Anyway this topic was not for modality but for the problem with the insulation when bending the insulated Ballet probes.I need confirmation from other electrologists - did somebody noticed that the insulation breaks when bending the needle?

Dimi

#125166 - 11/12/17 10:22 PM Re: Insulated Ballet Needles [Re: dimi]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

There are a ton of variations in techniques and knowledge amount the various electrolysis texts. Milady's actually takes a lot of it's blend techniques from Michael Bono's work. And I know darn well you wouldnt find him advocating against the use of insulated for blend. It works just fine, as Dimi mentioned.I use the same probes Dimi does, that is mostly isoblend probes specifically designed for doing....drumroll....blend!
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by James W. Walker VII
12:20 PM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
11:44 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
07:26 AM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
2 registered (LRN, Chicaaa), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod