Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125632 - 01/07/18 08:15 PM Re: Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions. [Re: Kaitybar7]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Over the years, the eternal question "what do I put on after electrolysis" is always front-and-center. I tell my clients that my only worry is actual post-treatment infection (from an outside source). In all likelihood the tiny electrolysis wound is closed within 24-hours and I suppose products can be used without much danger.

The risk, however, is real if a person self-doctors with something that is contaminated with bacteria. Slathering contaminated products on an open wound would make matters much worse. "Hands off and no products" for 24-hours makes sense to me. And, that's what I recommend.

Of course, "soothing the hot skin" is fine; but I don't put a lot of value in short-term "results" that are based on a client's opinion. To see if any product actually did something to make the healing better, I would want to examine the skin a year after treatment: one area with, and one area without the product in question. I don't think there would be any difference at all.

What I know for certain is that clients (and electrologists) are absolutely going to continue using products, experimenting with products and recommending products. In the long run, the skin will heal just fine, even if the product was detrimental to healing. You can't stop the healing process.

The only product that I have observed making an objective difference is pure emu oil. But that's another story and, truly, not worthy of discussion. Besides, it STINKS and no woman would ever use it.

Thread Sponsors
#125638 - 01/13/18 07:10 PM Re: Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions. [Re: Kaitybar7]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Loc: New Mexico
First of all. Omg i feel so bad for you that your skin looks like that. I know first hand how you feel. You have to go in public with marks. Try using coconut oil and soothe the skin and it should look better in 6 weeks. I really hope you get perms my hair removal bc I think going through this totally sucks. Sending hugs!

#125676 - 01/19/18 11:53 AM Re: Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions. [Re: Kaitybar7]
roslynholcomb Offline

I can’t use tea tree oil at all. It triggers my eczema. My electrologist tells me to ice it the first day for the swelling. And after that just leave it alone, other than cortisone cream if it seems to be bothering me, but for the most part, just leave it alone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Blanching
by Kate Blue
21 minutes 18 seconds ago
Black Hole
by Josefa M. Reina
Yesterday at 03:21 PM
Countries where we can not work legally
by adrien_sanchiz
Yesterday at 06:38 AM
Old dudes ...
by dfahey
06/22/18 10:34 PM
Unwanted hair growth article
by Iluv2zap
06/21/18 12:10 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9677
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3425
Who's Online
1 registered (Kate Blue), 128 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod