consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#127104 - 06/24/18 02:19 PM Re: Blanching [Re: Kate Blue]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Nope, not going to do, I fell for that one once before....

Ahh crap.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Thread Sponsors
#127105 - 06/24/18 04:25 PM Re: Blanching [Re: Kate Blue]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Kate Blue,

I think that these "pustule-like small spots" are filled with lymph coming from the follicle.

You can read the following topic for some explanations:

"Excessive Lymph During Treatment?"

Dimi

#127107 - 06/25/18 12:14 AM Re: Blanching [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By "dimi"
I think that these "pustule-like small spots" are filled with lymph coming from the follicle.

I think there is no lymph in them. They appear almost flat in real life (that's why I referred to them as "pustule-LIKE" and not "pustules"). Like little skin marks where the insertions were. Maybe I used the wrong term.

Originally Posted By "dimi"
You can read the following topic for some explanations: "Excessive Lymph During Treatment?"

I'm familiar with that topic and while there indeed is some plasma fluid coming out during my treatments on the upper lip, the leaking usually stops as soon as I get back home (and it's not that excessive, after all). Skin surface on the presented photo looks kind of wet and shiny because it's also covered with sun screen.

Edited by Kate Blue (06/25/18 12:16 AM)

#127108 - 06/25/18 10:07 AM Re: Blanching [Re: Kate Blue]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Kate Blue,

1. Looking the photo I still think that this is overtreatment(but not so severe to cause blanching) due to high flash settings and using non insulated probes.
If this is the case your electrologist should use insulated probes with size matching the hair size and decrease the settings a lot. Also the area should be tinned not cleared.Leave the time between 2 treatment 2-3 weeks and the treatment time should be no more than 15-20 min(upper lip).
2. Your skin maybe is more sensitive to the flash thermolysis so it is good idea to try slow thermolysis or blend and to monitor the skin reaction.
3. If you have always the same reaction of the skin on other areas maybe you have allergy to nickel and in this case the probe used should be gold plated.

#127109 - 06/25/18 12:29 PM Re: Blanching [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

dimi,

Thanks for your commentary.

1. My electrologist was using insulated probes all the time but you're right that flash settings on her Apilus Junior were indeed quite high. The problem is, I have very thick and stubborn hairs on the upper and lower lips so lower settings usually result in those hairs being plucked (at least, my electrologist can't get a smooth release when the settings are lower). My sessions take place every 3 weeks now and she works for around 30-35 minutes on the upper lip.

2. I would love to try other modalities but, unfortunately, in my country it's very hard to find experienced electrologists willing to use blend or manual thermolysis.

3. I sometimes get similar reaction on my chin (not very often though) but it never occured on the cheeks for example.

Edited by Kate Blue (06/25/18 12:32 PM)

#127110 - 06/25/18 04:26 PM Re: Blanching [Re: Kate Blue]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

If the hairs are thick and deeply rooted the electrologist has no choice but to use high energy to smoothly release them.
Your electrologist should experiment with different modalities, different settings, different types of probes and to choose what cause minimum skin reaction.
It is good to have cataphoresis at the end of treatment.
My suggestion is to have treatment even more than 4 weeks between 2 treatments, to really treat the hair not close than (2-3)mm of each other, to use insulated probe with the same size with the hair(the best probes for thermolysis, for me, are the Laurier probes.They required much less energy and the skin reaction is minimal).
The treatment time is irrelevant and subjective because the speed of different electrologists is different.The most important is to scatter the hair treated. It could take 5 min or 1 hour to finish the upper lip or chin(which is also very dangerous area and the strategy should be the same as the upper lip).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
09/19/18 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
09/19/18 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
09/19/18 06:08 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 136 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod