First time ava I'm worried something went wrong

This was my first time getting electrolysis. No, I have not touched, picked at it or anything. The open sores appeared two hours after treatment. It has been 4 days and the only thing I have done is wash it with gentle facial cleanser and use antibiotic ointment because it looks like a burn. I feel like this is going to permanently scar me. The doctor at the med spa showed the esthetician how to do a couple hairs, and then she took over. Did she do something wrong?

What do you mean the doctor showed her couple of hairs and then she took over? Is this aesthetician not trained in electrolysis? You can’t show someone couple of hairs and expect them to treat clients correctly. What went wrong?.. Many things starting with questionable training of the person performing your treatments. Too high treatment energies with poor/incorrect insertions led to this outcome.

2 Likes

It looks like she did everything wrong. For future reference, electrolysis requires proper training and knowledge. It takes many months to learn and years to perfect. It’s dangerous to allow an untrained person to perform electrolysis on anyone.

Unfortunately, none of us can guarantee that it won’t scar permanently. I think that most of the spots look like they’ll heal up fine. There’s only two large scabs that are concerning. They may also heal without scarring, but they may not. I expect they’ll take some time to properly return to normal, maybe many months.

Continue taking photos of your healing progress and if you’re concerned it’s not healing well, consider seeing a dermatologist for scar management strategies.

2 Likes