Very sensitive Skin, Very Thick Dark Hairs, I need Advice, Might have Permanent Scarring Already

Hello, I am new here

I am a 31 year old MTF that has very, very stubborn facial hair. I have very sensitive skin and have had over 30 hours of laser, and about 25 hours of electrolysis. My first electrologist was without a lidocaine injection and it took very long and was extremely painful, even with loads of numbing cream. I noticed very little to no results which made me thing I needed to find someone capable of injecting lidocane so they can up the heat level as that is more effective. I found someone and I have pictures, I’ve gone to them about 4 times over the last 8 months, and I seem to have very bad scarring/pitting.

I can post pictures,

Please let me know if I have the right topics involved, this is my first post.

This is a very poor outcome. Your skin is showing hyperpigmentation and wound contraction, which are two potential results from electrolysis that will heal over time. However, when the skin has been overtreated as yours has, it produces more severe hyperpigmentation and contraction, and this can either take a very long time to heal (months and years) or it can be permanent. The pigmentation will clear up eventually, but I’m not so sure about the pitting.

Firstly, don’t see this electrologist again, and don’t do any more electrolysis treatments in the area. If you want the best healing outcome, you should consider seeing a dermatologist who can help to manage the healing.

For future reference, using lidocaine doesn’t mean that the electrologist should turn up the heat. Facial hair tends to handle a softer approach very well in my experience. This sort of result is truly unnecessary and unacceptable.

4 Likes

Hi there, why have you been to your recent electrologist 4x’s in the last 8 months. Are you still having laser treatments or seeing your previous electrologist? I have several questions, I hope you’re able to answer them please. Have you pre-picked the scabs off your face prematurely after your electrolysis treatment? Using a high heat isn’t necessary if your hairs are able to be released at a lower intensity. The most important thing your electrologist should keep in mind is keeping your skin in tact during treatment while applying proper insertions, or this will cause pitting. At the moment your face doesn’t look too happy. If you’re continuing with laser while also having electrolysis. I would highly recommend you stop the laser immediately. You are not helping your skin one bit.

I am not having laser treatments on my face since I started electrolysis in the last 2 years. My first electrologist didnt have the ability to do injections, I had to stop going because the pain was too much even with the numbing cream I could get. I have insurance now and i’m planning on seeing a dermatologist on how best to approach this, so I might have a chance for better prescription to numbing cream. I have stopped going to the second electrologist for the time being to assess what I can do furthur, but I have been pitting due to the higher voltage.